PDA

View Full Version : Dinner at Akershus

Guya103
08-11-2010, 03:55 PM
We will be dining for the first time at Akershus in only fifteen days:cloud9: How exactly does this meal work? I have read that prior to ordering your entree there is a "buffet". What is on this? Also, I heard that you can order seconds of your entree?:confused: Any help would be great:mickey:

Pirate Granny
08-11-2010, 07:43 PM
The appetizers are the buffet part. I don't believe you can order another plate of the main course unless you want to pay for it...it's similar to other restaurants...you can't order more of anything that comes as a plate..outside of garden grill or liberty tree tavern which serves food family style.

Guya103
08-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Makes sense:mickey: Thanks!

magicalmom
08-11-2010, 09:22 PM
When we were there, the cold board (buffet) offered delicious cheeses, as well as several kinds of smoked fish. (And many other appetizer items - it's 8 or 10 feet long!) I strongly recommend the goat cheese - it's nothing like feta cheese. We never felt the need to order seconds on any entrees with the generous appetizer offerings.

Akershus is one of our favorite restaurants at WDW.

Mickey91
08-12-2010, 11:46 AM
How does the dessert work? We are eating there in a couple of weeks for the first time also.