PDA

View Full Version : Which theme park to visit twice?

familyof5
08-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Hi all! I'm planning our first DW trip for December and will be visiting the parks for 6 days. There are 5 of us (2 adults & 3 kids ages 12,10,8)

I know we will visit MK twice, but what are your thoughts on the other theme park (no water parks)to visit again while on our trip? We don't have a parkhopper, so I need to plan this out as best I can!

Thanks in advance :mickey:

IrishMickey
08-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Epcot, it is hard to see all in one day!:mickey:

CU Tiger
08-11-2010, 01:37 PM
I agree. It is best to take two days to do EPCOT.:mickey:

BigThunderFan
08-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Definitely Epcot! Take your time to go around and really take in the different countries, sample foods and just see all of the beautiful Christmas decorations!

Plus, who wouldn't want an extra day to ride Soarin' and Test Track? :number1:

rjmdds
08-11-2010, 01:50 PM
EPCOT, EPCOT, and EPCOT!:thumbsup:

disneykid@hrt
08-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Definitely Epcot. Some people treat Future World and World Showcase as two seperste parks... and theres more than enough to see and do!

MMFreak
08-11-2010, 02:04 PM
Although I agree EPCOT is amazing and to visit all of the countries properly would probably take more than one day, you have children that are of an age that I think would become a little restless. In my experience children feel they are at an amusement park they want to be on rides. My kids are 15 and 19 and in the last two years I have found that they finally enjoy walking EPCOT but never when they were 10 or less.

Maleficent_vf
08-11-2010, 02:20 PM
EPCOT without a doubt. It is so big and there's a lot to see. :thumbsup:

T-Belle
08-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Another vote for Epcot!

magicalmom
08-11-2010, 02:29 PM
Another vote for Epcot -- my kids loved it, even in elementary school.

Mary Poppins fan
08-11-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm going to vote Epcot as well. We always spend 2 days each at Epcot and MK. In fact, Epcot has always been a favorite of my kids (DS now 16 and DDs 9). :thumbsup:

Zippy 1
08-11-2010, 02:32 PM
I think EPCOT also. There is so much to see there. It is a park that is very hard to cover in one day. You could always plan EPCOT and if you decide you would rather do a third day at MK change your plans. I would make an ADR that is not in the parks - this would give you a little more flexibility with which park to visit again.

BluewaterBrad
08-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Epcot, it is hard to see all in one day!:mickey:

Ditto.:mickey:

Madame Leona
08-11-2010, 03:14 PM
I'm going with DHS. It's hard to see everything there in a day when you have to work around the shows time schedules. Plus, it seems like the attractions there are geared more towards you kids age group.

Goofy4TheWorld
08-11-2010, 03:32 PM
I'm going with DHS. It's hard to see everything there in a day when you have to work around the shows time schedules. Plus, it seems like the attractions there are geared more toward you kids age group.

Ditto for Hollywood Studios. Epcot will likely be a bore for 12-10-8 year olds, and if they all three are okay with thrill rides, they can do Rockin' Roller Coater and Tower of Terror until they puke.

gollybass
08-11-2010, 03:50 PM
For me its close between magic kingdom and epcot, MK the first and last days edges it out, its just the most Disney.

olivegirl
08-11-2010, 04:04 PM
EPCOT for sure!!!! We LOVE LOVE it there!! My daughter is 12 and she just cant wait to visit all the countries!!! We will in Epcot on Sunday!!!!!:cloud9:

caryrae
08-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Did anyone mention EPCOT yet?

darthmacho
08-11-2010, 04:34 PM
Personally, any of the parks are worth multiple days, but of the three, Epcot is the only one I feel HAS to be split up into two. I like doing one early day starting in the morning at Future World, and one late day (11am) arriving at the opening of World Showcase and exploring that area. :mickey:

Mickey91
08-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Definitely EPCOT...you can't possibly see it all in one day. There is just too much!:mickey:

edhunter28
08-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Either MK or EPCOT i think you can cover AK and MGM in a day

ANG
08-11-2010, 05:34 PM
I'd visit HS twice. There are more rides/shows there

TikiLounger
08-12-2010, 07:52 AM
Hunh...I don't understand why no one is picking Epcot...;)

No, seriously...I'd definitely choose Epcot.

OCDisney
08-12-2010, 07:57 AM
here's what I think :number1:

Animal Kingdom- you could probably do it all in one day.

Hollywood Studios- do you like shows and performances? If so this may be the one to visit twice.

Epcot- If you're there during the Food and Wine Festival there's going to be alot to see so that's an option at well.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-12-2010, 08:16 AM
Epcot:mickey:

Mogie
08-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Hmm...depends when you're going. If you're going in early december, park attendance will be at its lowest, so will probably be able to go on almost ALL of the rides in 6 days and some multiple times. If you are going closer to the holidays, you might not get on half of them in 6 days, as crowds are very heavy over Xmas.

Epcot is cool and all, but for kids, I would double up on a park that has more thrill rides :)

Mickey'sGirl
08-12-2010, 09:17 AM
Epcot. :thumbsup:

biodtl
08-12-2010, 09:30 AM
I vote Epcot. I know people have said it is boring for kids, but my kids have always loved it - from toddler to teen.

sydzach
08-12-2010, 11:02 AM
I think I would vote HS with kids. My kids really like Epcot, especially Test Track but they are not really that interested in the countries to be honest-maybe they will be as they get older. With HS, they have more rides and shows that kids are interested in IMO, and I personally love the Rockin Rollercoaster as does my 11 year old daughter. The Toy Story ride there is COOL for my 6 year old son, and the rest of the family as well.

I think, again my opinion, Epcot is more interesting and enjoyable for adults in general and maybe kids of an older age but HS is more for kids overall.

brownie
08-12-2010, 08:15 PM
We always make more than one trip to Epcot. We really enjoy it there and like the night atmosphere.

4disneynuts
08-12-2010, 09:39 PM
It really depends on your kids. My kids are 14 and 17 year old girls and we always go to Animal Kingdom twice, sometimes three times.

The girls love the animals, the rides and the shows. I know a lot of people think you can do the whole park in one day but for us we don't like to rush and there is so much to see. Also they are the park that closes earliest to so you really have to rush to get it all in.

It really comes down to what you and your family like. Anything you choose will be an awesome time. You really can't go wrong with any of the parks.

Have a great trip!!:elephant:

MickeysEars
08-15-2010, 12:01 AM
we divide Epcot into to two days, FW and WS. I think it is too much to try to do the whole park in one day. But MK also needs 2 days. HS and AK are OK and have their merits but I dont need a 2nd day unless we missed a lot

LudwigVonDrake
08-15-2010, 10:37 AM
I have to go with Magic Kingdom :tink: Can't get enough :mickey:

caryrae
08-15-2010, 11:10 AM
They are already doing MK twice, they wanted to know what other Parks they should do twice.

kemps@wdw
08-15-2010, 09:13 PM
Epcot is always a 2-visit park for us.

whitney37354
08-16-2010, 02:22 PM
Epcot

PinKy
08-16-2010, 02:48 PM
Personally I think it should depend on the personality of your kids.

Why don't you do all the parks once (MK twice) and then let them choose which park they want to do for a 2nd day?

A first trip to DW can be overwhelming and to just 'assume' that your kids will choose one park over another before you even get there is just going to be a guess.

If they're more into movies/rides/pop culture etc I would go with DHS. If they're more into exploring things and space/science and culture, Epcot might be the best choice. (Epcot has rides too though - Mission Space is just crazy.)

SBETigg
08-16-2010, 03:01 PM
Epcot is a two or more day park for us. Definitely Epcot.

AK and DHS are great to visit more than once if you have time, but you can do all there is to do in one day if necessary.

Eric87
08-16-2010, 03:19 PM
I think an argument can be made for each of the remaining parks. If no dinner or lunch reservations will be made, then I would play it by ear. I would go to all the parks and let them make the decision based on what they liked or missed depending on the park hours and time of year.

crltkcagle
08-16-2010, 06:50 PM
Epcot

luckyinlovedisneyprincess
08-16-2010, 08:28 PM
Either Epcot or DHS.
It is hard to tour all the countries plus tackle all the other rides.
DHS is hard to tackle all the timetables for the shows.

WDW4X4
08-16-2010, 08:36 PM
I'm going to go with the majority and say Epcot with your decision to do MK twice I don't feel that any other park has enough to offer that you can't do it all in one day.

MickeysEars
08-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Epcot, more than any other. This way you can take you time in the countries and do some re-rides if you want to

Evil Genius
08-18-2010, 10:00 AM
I'm in the camp of those who are saying it depends on the attraction tastes of you and your family.

However I think it comes down to Magic Kingdom and Epcot. There is simply SO much to take in at both these parks that quite honestly you could spend multiple days in both parks. I know we do!

AllDisney
08-21-2010, 05:46 PM
I think it's Epcot. Lots of things to see & do

LoriMistress
08-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Epcot should be visited twice. They're so much to take in that it's impossible to see everything. DH and I visited Epcot seven times on our last trip and still didn't see everything we wanted.

Joannelet
08-22-2010, 09:56 AM
THe ages of your children may enjoy Fantasmic at DHS. It may not be being performed the day/night that you are there....which may make a return trip on a night that it is playing a must :)
When I was those ages I didn't enjoy Epcot that much. Now as an adult I love it and can spend more than one day there...but back then I had no interest..it was too educational for me :) LOL
I know they have more things fro the children to do (like the Kim Possible mission and the kid passport areas in World Showcase so they may enjoy Epcot too.
It really depends on your children and what they are interested in :)

Darbylew
08-22-2010, 10:03 AM
Epcot for sure. There is so much to do there.
It takes a full day but then sometimes we do it
twice while we are there. :mickey:

disneymom2000
08-22-2010, 04:01 PM
We are also going in December. I have been once a couple of weeks before Christmas in 2008 and didn't get to see all the countries and the cultural events they have for them the day I spent there. So the Countries of EPCOT will get two days this visit in order to see it all.:deer::santa:

DisneyFr33k
08-22-2010, 04:53 PM
If you have kids, Magic Kingdom for sure. Lots of favorites they want to do again!

If you don't have kids, either Magic Kingdom or Epcot. Depending on your interests. If you are a big kid at heart, MK. If you like more intellectual learning, go with Epcot.

mainemajor
08-29-2010, 10:52 AM
Hi all! I'm planning our first DW trip for December and will be visiting the parks for 6 days. There are 5 of us (2 adults & 3 kids ages 12,10,8)

I know we will visit MK twice, but what are your thoughts on the other theme park (no water parks)to visit again while on our trip? We don't have a parkhopper, so I need to plan this out as best I can!

Thanks in advance :mickey:

I know you don't have a park hopper pass, but if you can afford the added expense I would add it. We have always used the park hopper and with it you are not locked into any ONE PARK for the day. We love going back to AK for Everest, Kali River and eating at Flame Tree BBQ, but not additional whole day. The hopper gives us the chance to go as we please and in your case each of your children might like a different park best, so how would you choose? Epcot is our families favorite by a long shot, but not everyone agrees.
Whatever you choose remember the most important thing is to enjoy yourself and know you will not be able to see/do everything. that's what keeps everyone coming back.

tinksmom02
08-30-2010, 09:58 PM
As many others have said, EPCOT!! We always dedicate at least two days to Epcot. DD has always enjoyed it, at any age (she's 8 now). She loves exploring the World Showcase countries, last year she managed to complete almost all of the Kim Possible missions, she still likes coloring the masks...and she seems to get away with more after Mom and Dad have had a few :marg: LOL Like, DH bought her a ginormous sombrero from Mexico last year. :blush:

Plus, it's the holidays, and from what I've hear, the countries have their native Santas (and storytelling? not sure) and stuff, so that could be fun for them!

RAIDER
08-31-2010, 07:37 AM
Another vote for Epcot ,its a park of 2 halves :thumbsup:

BIGDOG
08-31-2010, 02:11 PM
Seeing you are going in Dec you might want to see the osborne lights more then one time I would do HS or Epcot

W24toISMdirect
08-31-2010, 02:50 PM
With KIDS... Magic Kingdom, hands down.

EPCOT only requires a second day if your planning to do all of World Showcase, which aside from 2 rides (which happen to right next each other, right by the entrance from Future World) World Showcase doesn't offer much for kids. In fact what we ussually do is plan my for the wives in our group to have a girls day to themselves touring World Showcase while the boys (of all ages) go park commando back at MK.

klb
08-31-2010, 03:03 PM
Epcot! It's beautiful in December.

BandMan
08-31-2010, 03:38 PM
Not sure what others think ... maybe EPCOT?

But seriously, with young ones, EPCOT is just so BIG. And I'm not just talking about all of the things to see. I'm talking about the actual physical distance. There's a reason they say Every Parent Comes Out Tired. If you try to drag them to see it all in a day, they'll :fit:

Take your time, revisit fun rides the second day, explore shops and enjoy the food. Don't forget there's also lots of neat shows, too: The Fife and Drums, The Liberty Singers, Off Kilter, Fab Four, and many more.

Gator
08-31-2010, 04:42 PM
Getting another chance to eat in Epcot tips the scales for me. So many TS and CS choices around the World Showcase. Throw in all the live entertainment, and you've got 2 really big reasons to go back to Epcot.