PDA

View Full Version : Children's Menu

MikeyP
08-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Do you think that the restaurants in WDW would have a problem with our 11yo niece ordering from the kid's menu? The menus apparently say that they are for children 3-9yo, but I can honestly see many of the menu items good for kids up to 12 years of age (especially at some of the more diverse/complex restaurants).
For most of the places we are planning to eat, there's not much on the regular menus she would like, and even then the few things she would eat she wouldn't eat an adult portion of.
I've actually been to restaurants where they would not allow a child of a certain age to order from the children's menu; bad form, and bad business, IMO.. (but what do I know, I only worked in the restaurant business for 12 years and grew up with parents who both worked in restaurants, one of whom still does :)).

My 2yo daughter on the other hand will probably be eating from the kid's menu as well, if for no other reason than that she can get a balanced meal in an appropriate portion size. Otherwise, she's fairly adventurous when food is in front of her, she sees us eating it, and we don't pressure her to try it (and she's very capable of eating healthy, which DW and I are VERY proud of).
In some places, she'll probably be eating some things from DW and my plates (such as when I order mahi mahi, which she LOVES).
I assume that they won't have a problem with this for a toddler? I think that's the case for the buffet/family-style restaurants.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Thanks. :mickey:

renecat
08-11-2010, 01:29 PM
This was back in 2003 we took our 2 oldest Grandchildren to WDW one was 13 the other 14 the 13 year old ordered off the childrens menu most of the time and never once did we get any flax from our servers. I'm not sure if things have changed but it would be worth a try..
Have a great time.

Strmchsr
08-11-2010, 01:45 PM
There's no problem ordering off the kids menu. My only suggestion is make sure you're not on the dining plan if you want to do that as you'd lose a ton of money. You'd do much better out of pocket in that scenario. With buffets, obviously, they will pay adult prices.

KAT1811
08-11-2010, 07:58 PM
There's no problem ordering off the kids menu. My only suggestion is make sure you're not on the dining plan if you want to do that as you'd lose a ton of money. You'd do much better out of pocket in that scenario. With buffets, obviously, they will pay adult prices.

:ditto:

I think there are many children that are in the same boat. And even some adults! ;) I know I have a 30 year old cousin that ate nothing but pizza when we were in Mexico! Lol!

princessesmom
08-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Just keep in mind, if you're eating at a buffet or family-style restaurant, she will be charged the adult price regardless of what she eats. Your 2 year-old will not be charged at these places, though.