PDA

View Full Version : Maple syrup?

MikeyP
08-10-2010, 09:11 PM
Would anyone happen to know if there are any restaurants in WDW, or even and especially in Orlando outside the World, that serve maple syrup with breakfast?
(besides Cracker Barrel, which I think now serves the partial maple syrup blend).

I'm looking for real maple syrup and not just breakfast syrup. I figure I'd ask for specific experience rather than trust menu descriptions; in my experience, not everyone that works in the restaurant business (or menu designing) knows the difference (or even that there is one).

Thanks!

SorcererJim
08-10-2010, 09:46 PM
I dont know the real answer to your question, but you could always head over to the Canada pavillion in Epcot and purchase some and bring the REAL stuff with you! :mickey:

KAT1811
08-10-2010, 10:26 PM
I dont know the real answer to your question, but you could always head over to the Canada pavillion in Epcot and purchase some and bring the REAL stuff with you! :mickey:

:funny: That's what I was thinking!

I have yet to see real maple syrup in a restaurant outside of northern New England. Even in RI they serve Aunt Jemima maple syrup. We have the real syrup right next door but very few restaurants splurge.

ILoveLegos
08-11-2010, 12:23 AM
While you are in the Canada Pavillion getting a bottle of the real maple syrup. May I suggest that you check to see if they are selling the Turkey Hill Maple Tea as well. If you are a tea drinker this product really delivers the genuine maple experience in a cup.

P.S. Sometimes the Canada store stock runs out. In the past, I have been known to get mine in Ontario, WDW or order it online - no matter, as long as it's in my cupboard! YES! - It is that good! :number1:

MikeyP
08-11-2010, 09:10 AM
I'll probably just pick some up at the supermarket then once we're down there, assuming it's carried in the Orlando area supermarkets. If not a mainstream supermarket, then it'll probably be at Whole Foods.
I'm sure the prices in Epcot are jacked up quite a bit, and maple syrup is expensive enough as it is!

Thanks!