PDA

View Full Version : I've never waited this late...

IloveJack
08-10-2010, 06:08 PM
to make ressies. Can you help fill in the holes?

I just booked our package for our upcoming October vacation. I've never booked a trip past the 180-day window... and I'm almost at the 45-day window now! We'd been back and forth, and back and forth over whether or not we were going this year, but a little insurance check sealed the deal for us. :D Good thing we're on the QSDP and won't need ADRs.

Here's the plan:
We're going for 5 days (really 4.5 with the drive) over Fall Break. I teach, and we're taking one of my students (whom I've known/babysat/etc. since birth), so that's a good time of the year for us.
We're leaving on Tuesday (12th) night, as soon as DH gets home from work and we can pack the car. We'll grab some dinner before it gets too late and DD2 falls asleep, and then be on our way.
We should arrive about 8am on Wednesday (13th) morning. We'll check-in to Pop, stash our stuff, if possible, grab a snack breakfast from the food court, and then head to AK. We're hoping to get there before it opens, as I need to combine our 1-day ticket from our pkg with our 1-day from our GAD vouchers, and then make them hoppers... plus, our DPD ("pretend" daughter) doesn't have a GAD voucher, so I'll have to purchase an extra day for her. Then we're on to our day at AK. I'm not sure what all we'll do (I may be preggers by then, and we'll have a just-turned-and-rather-short 2 year old with us), but we plan to eat lunch at Flame Tree. I'm sure we'll see lots of animals, as DD2 loves them!
Around 4pm, we'll head out, to try to beat the closing rush, and go toward Epcot, where EMH is at that night. It's open til midnight, so we'll spend 4-9 in WS, eat some fish n' chips, and then ride from 9-12.
On Thursday (14th)... my 30th birthday, we'll sleep in (since I'll have driven through the night to get us there the day before), swim, and then head to DTD. Whatever we purchase will be shipped back to POP, and we'll be on our way to the MK for MNSSHP. It won't be our first go-round, so I'm not too worried about this one. However... I'm trying to decide where to eat for my birthday. We're on the QSDP, as I said, but I'd like a good b-day meal at either MK, or DTD.
Friday (15th), we're headed to IOA for WWoHP. DH, DPD, and I are huge HP fans, so we're really excited about this day. We plan to grab breakfast from POP's food court before we leave, and then maybe order a pizza when we return. Can you still do that on the QSDP?
Saturday (16th), we'll be back for more. We're headed to DHS. I plan to ride TSM at least once, and I've never seen BatB there. DH is dying to ride ToT again, and DPD is afraid of it, so we'll see how that goes. I think breakfast will be at Starring Rolls, but I have no clue about lunch or dinner. DHS closes at 7 that night, so we'll probably leave at 6 (if not before) and head to MK, which is open til 11. That'll close out our trip, so we'll stay til they close, for sure.
Sunday (17th), we may head back to DTD, if we have any money left by then. If we get up early enough, we may swim, also. I know we're on the QSDP, but a nice ending meal would be good. I hate to make ADR's at a place like Chef Mickey's though, as I'm not sure how DD will do with the characters, and I don't want that last meal to be miserable. Either way, we have to be on our way home by noon.

Some help with dining plans would be nice. Also things to do while (possibly) preggers and with a 2-year old. DD was 1 on our last trip, and we really enjoyed Fantasyland-type things. However, with DPD along for the ride, DH is looking forward to some thrill rides and I don't want to sit on the sidelines.

KAT1811
08-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Okay I think I have everything straight!

For a special birthday meal I would suggest Portobello in DTD. They are wonderful! We ate outside on our last trip and loved it! We are hooked now and it's a must do every trip.

As for traveling to the World pregnant I've got that well covered! We have 4 children, :princess: :princess: :princess: :prince:! There is very little you cannot do. ToT is one of the exceptions but I highly recommedn you get a huge ice cream cone while waiting for DH to ride! ;)

When DS gets bigger we'll probably visit WWoHP. He's only 17 months right now. An amazing 17 months!

I think you can do pizza take out with QS credits but I think you have to redeem extra credits.

Does your DD2 nap at all while in WDW? When I was pregnant in WDW I would sit with the napping child while everyone else rode the thrill rides. If you are in Epcot I suggest doing Ellen's Energy Adventure while DH rides Test Track and Mission: Space. You can ride Soarin' so that won't be an issue except for DD2 but we usually do the baby swap and have the other paretn ride the boat ride while waiting for the other. In MK the baby usually naps while the big kids do the mountains. If DD2 likes to run around and you feel up to chasing her why not take the noat ride over to Tom Swayer?

I hope I helped at least a little bit!

PetefromRI
08-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Your a rookie,I just booked a trip tonight for 2 weeks from now!LOL!You'll be fine and you should be able to book a TS somewhere.We've used the QSDP a few times before and it really worked for us,unfortunately Disney is raising the prices next year for all dining plans and from the prices I saw it just won't be worth it for us anymore.