PDA

View Full Version : Last Minute Reservations: Nope...

darthmacho
08-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Just called to see if we could get reservations for Ohana on Aug 23 which is near the end of our trip, and nearly two weeks off, but it was completely booked. While I'm not really surprised, I am disappointed, and "Plan B" which was Liberty Tavern, was also booked. I almost did lunch at a different Poly restaurant, but I was looking more for a dinner. Oh well. :(

I do think it stinks that it's nearly impossible to make last minute decisions when it comes to WDW dining. Good thing I like to plan, and got the rest of our reservations taken care of back in February... :mickey:

Mickey91
08-10-2010, 05:08 PM
We even tried Tony's a few weeks back and could not get anything. Chef Mickeys breakfast was also long gone. If you are looking for something near MK, have you thought of 1900 Park Fair or Whispering Canyon Cafe? There is also Trails End. We have never eaten there before but it usually gets good revues. Also, there is a buffet at the Tomorrowland Terrace on certain dates. You might want to check it out. Or the Plaza restaurant.:mickey:

darthmacho
08-10-2010, 06:01 PM
We even tried Tony's a few weeks back and could not get anything. Chef Mickeys breakfast was also long gone. If you are looking for something near MK, have you thought of 1900 Park Fair or Whispering Canyon Cafe? There is also Trails End. We have never eaten there before but it usually gets good revues. Also, there is a buffet at the Tomorrowland Terrace on certain dates. You might want to check it out. Or the Plaza restaurant.:mickey:

We're already doing Whispering Canyon earlier on in our trip. if we want to visit the Poly, we can always just eat in their quick service I suppose. Otherwise, we can stick to quick service in MK, or back at POR for our final night anyway. Thanks for the suggestions.

Maybe a Casey's hot dog would be a good choice! :mickey:

Zippy 1
08-10-2010, 06:44 PM
Try calling daily and maybe someone will cancel. I would try to call several times a day until you leave and even try when you get there.

faline
08-10-2010, 06:55 PM
When we were there, we had no trouble booking Narcoosee's on short notice. We were able to walk into Kona for lunch without a reservation and witnessed another couple getting seated on a walk-up at Le Cellier. Keep trying!

MickeysEars
08-10-2010, 07:00 PM
what drives me crazy is that we booked a December (early) trip in July and I had to REALLY work the magic to get some reservations. But what about all the people that dont know the system? We are there for 2 weeks, and in those 2 weeks NO FANTASMIC dining package. I dont know what bothers me more, that it is not showing all nights any longer or that there is no reservations. Ok I am done venting...:D

daisyhead
08-10-2010, 07:13 PM
I'm trying to book Ohana for dinner for DECEMBER and can't get it... it's such a bummer! Maybe when you get there, you can call and will luck out!

Good luck to you! :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
08-10-2010, 07:25 PM
If Kona Cafe is available for dinner book it, its a great place. Otherwise keep trying. I've often had a place I've been trying for open up at the last minute. Also, this isn't at the Poly, but in June we tried Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner and it was wonderful. I would have never tried it, but it was the only place available when I called from our room before heading to the park that morning so we took it and I'm glad we did. We really enjoyed our meal and the GF is a really nice place to visit. Its a great retreat from the parks, nice and quiet and cool. Good luck.

faline
08-10-2010, 07:45 PM
In my opinion, the Grand Floridian Cafe is a hidden gem! I'm surprised it's not more popular!

KAT1811
08-10-2010, 08:45 PM
We love Trail's End. Almost always avaliable last minute. The food and activities in FW are great. Good luck. Keep trying you never know, you might get lucky!

SallyP
08-11-2010, 10:13 AM
Try Il Mulino at the Swan or bluezoo at the Dolphin. Via Napoli in Epcot, is just taking walk-ins currently until early September I think, you might give that a try. Spontaneity for choosing a full-service dining venue is long gone and won't be back until Free Dining and the Dining Plan are gone ... and that ain't going to happen in the near future ... There are still some to choose from but probably not the most convenient or what your 'taste buds' are craving!

DVC2004
08-11-2010, 10:35 AM
For the past several years we can only get extremely later ressies at Ohana- not even calling last minute. We're skipping it this trip altogether (shame as it's a family tradition for us) because it's too much food too late and the kids are tired. I wish it wasn't so hard to get in.

We also tried another fav Cape May Clam bake and it's booked solid as well. :(

magicalmom
08-11-2010, 09:32 PM
ADRs tend to be available at Morocco - lovely restaurant and very tasty -

diz_girl
08-12-2010, 03:03 PM
In my opinion, the Grand Floridian Cafe is a hidden gem! I'm surprised it's not more popular!

Another vote for the GF Cafe. It's just as accessible as the Poly. You can tour both resorts, if you'd like.

You have to remember, you're trying to book a very popular TS restaurant during free dining. But the GF Cafe should have availability.

AgentP
08-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Have you had any luck yet? How about Flying Fish or Kat Kora's new place on the Boardwalk? Both have ADRs available.

disneymom2000
08-15-2010, 12:53 AM
Spontaneity for choosing a full-service dining venue is long gone and won't be back until Free Dining and the Dining Plan are gone ... and that ain't going to happen in the near future ...

And until that crazy 180+10 thing goes away - which I doubt will ever happen.

AHOTE
08-15-2010, 11:17 PM
Try calling daily and maybe someone will cancel. I would try to call several times a day until you leave and even try when you get there.

:ditto: I had to move my entire trip by two weeks and it went rather smoothly considering...I must say Linda in customer service was outstanding. I had to make some big concessions but it was worth it. I was able to get 6 of my 8 original ADR's . I wasn't able to get Le Cellier and Ohana. I had wanted to try Via Napoli but that too was full. I have called or gone online everyday for the past week and I finally got Via Napoli and Le Cellier. So keep at it things can change so fast... Good luck! :thumbsup:

Jessietoystory2
08-18-2010, 11:30 AM
We had a hard time getting ADR's for Ohana's too, but I kept trying multiple times each day and we finally got them at 5:00 on the day we wanted just three days before we left for our trip in July. So keep on trying!!

jarajam
08-19-2010, 09:46 PM
I agree! Just keep trying! Yesterday I managed to get a 5:20 reservation at Ohana on 9/5 and a 7:45 at le Cellier on 9/7. I was SHOCKED!