PDA

View Full Version : Need Reservation Help!

familyof5
08-10-2010, 12:37 PM
I'm planning out first trip to DW for December 10-17th and need help deciding on where to eat, since we have the free DDP. There are 5 of us, 2 adults & 3 kids (ages 12,10,8). We DO NOT have park hoppers, so I need to organize this for the parks we'll be in...So far this is what I have:

Dec 12th - C Royal Table @ 12:55 (for me and my daughter, 8)
Dec 14th - Tuskerhouse for Breakfast (all 5 of us)
Dec 15th - The Crystal Palace @ 1pm (all 5 of us)

Still need help deciding on the other table service meals for the 11th in Epcot, the 13th in HS, the 16th in either AK,HS, or Epcot. Recommendations on resort restaurants, character dining or any special dining is welcome for any time of the day :mickey:

TheDuckRocks
08-10-2010, 01:09 PM
I just went on to the Disney website and ran your dates. There are things available, but you really need to either go to the website or call Disney dining as there is not a very large selection. Good luck and let us know how you did.

Ms. Mode
08-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Hurry, Hurry, Hurry! We are going the first week of January and everything is booking fast!

We love Garden Grill (character meal in Epcot/Land) and LeCellier (which will still be 1 TS..if you can get it). At HS I would recommend Sci-Fi Dine In Theater or 50's Prime Time...both are great for family!

Good Luck :mickey:

Disney4us2
08-10-2010, 02:05 PM
For Epcot, we like Teppan Edo. It is a fun place to dine.:thumbsup: This has become a favorite of our's.

cajundisneyfreak
08-10-2010, 02:43 PM
You should try Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge.The food is good & atmosphere fun.It's family style.(All you can eat).The Cape May Cafe at Beach Club is delicious.It's a buffet (seafood & american food).Ohana's at the Polynesian is family style also and it's good! At HS I'd reccomend 50's Prime Time or Sci-Fi.At Epcot it would be Coral Reef, Garden Grill,etc.(alot of good ones).lol We don't really eat a TS at AK.We usually leave the parkthat evening and go to a resort restaurant like the ones I mentioned above.Hope this helps and I hope you & your family have a magical vacation!!! :mickey:

andreallybadeggs
08-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Marrakesh in Epcot is usually available and we've never had any complaints from anyone we've taken there. In particular little girls and big boys enjoyed it a lot; pretty sure that had something to do with the belly dancer. ;) We've had some pretty picky eaters with us but chicken/beef kabobs kept them happy. Enjoy your trip!

Rosemickey68
08-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Epcot- take your pick! I heard Le Cellier is good (not sure as we are trying it for the first time in Jan), Teppan Edo is good!

DHS- Prime Time 50's is good!

AK- heard Yak & Yeti's is good! We have only done the counter service and it was pretty good.

Our fav TS meals not in a park- Ohana's at the Polynesian resort, Chef Mickey's at Contemporary, Boma at AKL.

We heard Whispering Canyon was really good at the Wilderness Lodge, we are trying that for the first time in Jan.

Hurry up and book though because ADR's are going quickly for Jan, so I'm sure Dec is worse especially during the free dining time!
Good Luck!

RedSoxFan
08-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Mama Melrose in HS is good. We love that place. If you're in Epcot, you quite a few places to choose from: San Angel Inn, Tutto Italia and Via Napoli.

We'll be there the same time as you (12/11-12/19) and I made all my reservations on line. Very easy.

KAT1811
08-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Like a PP said getting ADRs this late (scary that 4 months out is late) for the holiday season may be difficult if you are looking for some of the more popular restaurants. While in Epcot you could try Nine Dragons or San Angel Inn. They may have something left but the more popular eateries like Le Cellier and Via Napoli are probably near impossible. We like taking a walk out the International Gateway and eating at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. There is also Beaches and Creme (they do not take ADRs, only walk ups) and Big River Grille (you have to call them directly for a "priority seating". Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club may also be avaliable.

I would enter some of the dates you are thinking about online and see what pops up. You could look on the monerail line for the night you are planning on being in Epcot so that you could eat outside the park if need be and then take the monerail right back to the park. 1900 Park Fare is fun, I have heard fabulous things about the Grand Floridian Cafe, and Trail's End in Fort Wilderness is good too.

Good luck!!! :mickey:

Dragongirlx
08-11-2010, 10:46 AM
For Epcot I would reccomend trying the Biergarten - its a good buffet and a good experience.
Hollywood studios I would definatley recommend Mamma Melroses or the 50's Prime time cafe.
Animal Kingdoms' a tough one as I haven't eaten in any of the table service restaurants but I have heard good things about the Yak and Yeti

renecat
08-11-2010, 01:49 PM
For Epcot Chef de France is a great table service. And if you can find out when Remy will show up you could try to book around that time. He is a fun little guy. HS 50's prime time is a good meal.