PDA

View Full Version : Our "We're not getting divorced" trip!!! PART 3

mommy2maddi
08-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Today we decided to get up a bit earlier and head to Epcot right away. We wanted to ride Test Track and knew that we had to get fast passes right away. So that's the first thing we did. Then we headed over to Mouse Gears to shop a bit since we had a coupon from the bottom of a receipt that gave us 20 % off as select stores between 9am and noon. We got a few more throughout the trip and used them all! After we shopped and had the items shipped to our room we walked the world showcase. We had ADR's at Teppan Edo for 1:30 and we wanted to shop at some of the different shops in the different "countries" before we ate. So we started at the other end. We had a lot of fun browsing the shops and since it was soooo hot it was necessary to get in out of the heat as much as possible. Plus, it's always great to have a good excuse to shop. :cloud9: We took a lot of pictures along the way and just enjoyed the day. Teppan Edo was great! We sat with a really nice family from Georgia. The chef was funny and the food delicious. For dessert we had Green tea pudding and chocolate ginger cake. They both sounded strange to me but we HAD to try them, they were included in the dining plan and they were both really good. After we ate we headed over to Test Track. It was really fun! I love how Disney doesn't miss a single detail in any of their attractions! I could ride them all 100 times and notice something different each time! After TT we decided to head back over to Hollywood Studios. I was in need of an adrenaline rush and Epcot isn't big on thrill rides so off we went! DH was beginning to enjoy them ALMOST as much as I do! We got a FP for RNRC first since they always run out and they were out. But we were planning on coming back tomorrow anyway so we'd ride it then. So we headed over to wait in line for TOT. I could ride this ride 20 times and still want more!!! This was the one ride DH never did love, but he humored me. We got a fp for it and then waited in line since it was only a 30 minute wait. Before we would get on it his heart would be POUNDING and he would be practically shaking! But after it was over he was glad he did it. After that we got a mango smoothie that we had both fallen in love with. I think we had at least 20 throughout our trip!!! Our fp return time wasn't until 6:00 so we headed over to check out the Streets of America. There was hardly a wait for The Great Movie Ride so we went on that. It was fun! We browsed through some more shops, mostly to cool off and decided to walk through the building that tells all about Walt's life. It was interesting and we ended up spending more time in there than we thought we would. Now it was time for our fp return to TOT so we headed over. After that we were a bit hungry so we decided to try to get a walk in at 50's Prime Time. It was looking a bit like rain and we thought it was a good time to try to eat. We were told it would be a 35 minute wait which was fine with us but we literally waited less than 5 minutes! The food here was really good and our waitress was hilarious. I had the fried chicken, dh had the meatloaf. We shared them both and for dessert we had the s'mores and the cobbler. The s'mores were AMAZING!!!!!! I have to eat there again if only to have those again! After that we headed to TOT and dh wasn't feeling much like riding it so I rode alone. Then I used his fp and rode again. It was fun but more fun when dh was with me. We decided to head back to Magic Kingdom since it was open until 11:00. We went on Buzz Lightyear with only a 15 minute wait! The ride had "technical difficulties" while we were on it so we were "stuck" for a bit but it just gave me more time to get more points. DH got waaaay more points than I did. I think I got like 400 points!!! lol ! But I had fun. After that we headed over to Fantasy Land and rode Haunted Mansion again. It was only a 20 minute wait and we really like that ride. After that we watched the parade and the fireworks. By the time the fireworks were over I was crying like a baby! There was just something about watching fireworks above Cinderella Castle with my wonderful husband that brought me to tears! Then we headed back to wait for our bus. We got back to POP and sat outside by the lake for awhile. By now it was midnight and we were tired. Tomorrow was Hollywood Studios day and I could hardly wait to ride RNRC!!!
To Be Continued........:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

faline
08-09-2010, 06:24 PM
Very nice day! There really is something special about watching the fireworks from Main Street!

amorillo
08-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Your trip reports are making me hungry! lol

Teppan Edo and 50's Prime TIme! yum!

DizNee143
08-10-2010, 08:59 AM
another great fun filled day!!!!:mickey:

yjgirl32
08-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Great report!

gauvin4
08-10-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who tears up over the fireworks. Thanks for sharing.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Great reports, keep them coming:)

Joannelet
08-10-2010, 02:10 PM
yay another great day! :)

Mickey91
08-11-2010, 10:16 AM
What awesome reports!!:mickey:

KylesMom
08-13-2010, 09:03 AM
I certainly hope that another trip is in the cards for you & DH - you're really having a wonderful time. Ha, turning DH into a thrill junkie, are you?! What a wonderful way to end the day. I'm glad that the magic has touched you both! :mickey: