PDA

View Full Version : Scavenger hunts in the parks?

azcavalier
08-08-2010, 05:30 PM
My DW saw a group of school kids at Epcot one time that had a scavenger hunt around the World Showcase. We're going in two months with our extended family, and my DW is planning the trip. She was thinking that it might be fun to have this in the back pocket just in case it's needed for the older, preteen kids. Does Disney have one of these that you can get at guest relations or anything like this?

I believe that at the Magic Kingdom there was something similar that guests could pick up that had 100 questions (during the Millennium celebration), but I would bet that they have discontinued this.

Does anything like this exist at *any* of the parks?

HoosierDisneyFan
08-08-2010, 06:05 PM
The Kim Possible missions in EPCOT World Showcase are very much like mini scavenger hunts.

I would review that option. I was with my 13 year old son during Spring Break and he loved them!

TheVBs
08-08-2010, 06:06 PM
The only time we ever got something like this was at Epcot last year. It was a scavenger hunt for the character topiaries during the Flower and Garden Festival.

It never hurts to ask at Guest Relations though, you never know!

Madame Leona
08-08-2010, 06:11 PM
If you do a search for Walt Disney World scavenger hunts, there are several websites with suggestions on how to create your own. The Passporter website also has several pre-made scavenger hunts you can look at.

RedSoxandPatsfan
08-08-2010, 06:39 PM
Just looking for, and spoting, hidden Mickey's is what my lids like to hunt for. There are some guide books out that help to find some to get you started. I believe there is also a thread on here somewhere that lists some.

crltkcagle
08-08-2010, 07:54 PM
We bring along our hidden mickey book and find those at all of the parks. With older kids the Kim Possible Adventure is alot of fun too.

azcavalier
08-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the responses.

We've done the Kim Possible adventures, and i'm sure that the kids will be doing those again.

The kids always look for hidden Mickeys as well. It's almost instinctual at this point.

We had been to the Passporter site. It's fairly out of date with regards to the scavenger hunts. It has a link to one site, RealDisney.com, but that site forwards to a completely different site. It doesn't exist anymore. It does have a few other ones, or suggestions on how to make our own. We don't want to put quite that much effort into it.

BigRedDad
08-08-2010, 08:54 PM
I saw a scavenger hunt at World Showcase, but it looked to be a company or convention that coordinated it with WDW. They prevented running by timing how quickly the next task could be done. I am sure you can find a way to do it yourself as others have suggested.

Daisy712
08-10-2010, 03:17 PM
My cousin made up her own scavenger hunt for our trip a few years back. We had a ton of fun. You could use cell phones to take pictures of things that you do as evidence. For instance:
- we had to find someone from another country and have our picture taken with them
- get a picture with a character kissing you
-find the cheapest souvenir in the park and buy it
-find the cheapest snack in the park and eat it
-get a Mickey sticker
-ride a ride on water
-go to another park
-get a picture of a hidden Mickey
-ride the monorail
-take a picture at a resort
-get a picture with the mayor of MK.

Just a few ideas. I know we had a list of things to do and each thing was worth so many points. The team with the highest points won.
We had a time limit of 3 hours. Good luck.

magicalmom
08-11-2010, 02:46 PM
If you Google Disney World scavenger hunts, you'll find a link to a site on e-how which tells how to create one. When I looked today, there was also a link to a hunt that used to be available to AP holders, and links to books.

What a great idea - next time we're going to do this!