PDA

View Full Version : BC or POLY

Jillirose
08-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Just dreaming here. No trip planned - yet! We've stayed at BC a few times, but DH says why not try POLY? He priced the packages and POLY was $159 more.

We like BC for the proximity to EPCOT (where we usually have dinners) and the pool (which we don't always get to use, because we travel in FEB), but are open to new experiences. :)

KODABEAR
08-08-2010, 11:21 AM
When it's my turn to choose it's BC:knit: When it's DH's turn :old: it's Poly!

buzznwoodysmom
08-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Last November we stayed for 7 nights at BC, then 3 nights at Poly. We felt both were wonderful, amazing resorts, but the Poly was our favorite of the two. It just felt special, don't know how else to explain. We did love the location of BC, it was great to walk back to our room in such little time after an evening at Epcot, but we also loved the short monorail ride back to the Poly after an evening in MK just as much. If you've never stayed at the Poly I think you should give it a try. No way to know for sure if you'll like it until you try it for yourself.

PinkTink
08-08-2010, 09:53 PM
When we stay for a week, we like to stay in an Epcot resort because we spend a lot of our evenings there. (mainly at the restaurants :)) If we stay for a short time, we tend to stay at a Magic Kingdom resort, mainly for the convenience - though we enjoy them a lot as well. You really can't go wrong either way - they're both great resorts. The Poly is one of my favorites.

GrmGrninGost
08-13-2010, 11:27 AM
I would try the Poly! :mickey:

TikiLounger
08-14-2010, 08:47 AM
We love both of these resorts, too. You can't go wrong with either. I say, if you haven't tried the Poly yet, then go for it! It's really an awesome resort. We're staying at the BC in Oct. for the Food and Wine Festival, but we're anxious to get back to the Poly (we have to try the Contemporary first, though). So, go for the new experience...you'll love it!

Mr_Increddieble
08-15-2010, 12:00 AM
I vote choose the Poly in February if you cannot take advantage of the BC pool. It's still fairly easy to get to and from Epcot via the monorail. The Boardwalk area is nice though and walking back to the BC with fireworks going off over your shoulder is quite magical. The boat ride to DHS is relaxing. From the BC you can walk to the putt-putt course.
The lobby and atmosphere of the Poly is unparalled. What's better than walking back to you room at night under the torchlight.
This our toughest call also.
If you haven't stayed at either then pick one for now and choose the next one for later. Both are must do's
Hmm, tough choice. Flip a coin.

Jillirose
08-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Thanks for all the input!! I'm excited just considering the possibilities.

caryrae
08-15-2010, 08:38 PM
I choose Poly just because for us we like to try new Resorts. Ya never know when you may like the new one better then one you have stayed at. I would love to at least try every Resort once. We had breakfast at Poly one morning and walked around outside after, it was a beautiful Resort.

DisneyorBust
08-16-2010, 07:33 PM
My vote went to the POLY, due to the fact that you have stayed at the BC previously. Both resorts are great, I can't imagine a wrong choice either way.

RAIDER
08-18-2010, 03:24 AM
BC for me ,i prefer its location right by the Boardwalk and the theming and the pool

jonahbear2006
08-18-2010, 11:07 AM
these arent even comparable. The beach club is light and airy and so refreshing. The pool, the theming, the location are all so beachy and clean looking. The poly is dark and rainforesty and kind of reminds me of indians and such with the totem poles and tiki torches. It just depends what look you are going for. I personally dont like the poly at all. I think the colors in the room are creepy looking and the whole resort follows this theme.. just not for me at all. I prefer the pastel colors and light feeling of the beach club.

Jillirose
08-18-2010, 03:35 PM
And the winner is....... Financing is playing a big part this year and we are trying something totally different!! I got a teacher rate at the Dolphin.

Thanks for all the input, I decided that when and if we can afford it, we will try to book the POLY at least for a few days :thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
08-18-2010, 06:06 PM
Glad to read that you were able to get a nice discount! Let us know how you enjoyed the Dolphin.