PDA

View Full Version : Smell Question

DunkieKong
08-07-2010, 01:40 AM
This will probably sound insane but here goes. I work in a bank, and I waited on a customer today who had a colonge that smelled like the orange trees on Soarin'. Does anyone have any idea what this cologne could be? I would have asked the customer, but I thought I'd sound crazy. I knew that noone on Intercot would find this odd.

crazypoohbear
08-07-2010, 08:35 AM
it could have been sunscreen.
I have a sunscreen that smells like oranges
It's called Australian Gold.
I love the smell, the 1st time I used it my DS#2 was 3 at disney.
The next summer we were going to the beach, I put the sunscreen on DS and he says.
"momma, I smell like Disneyworld" :mickey:

Tekneek
08-07-2010, 09:02 AM
I don't have an answer, but I am always amazed/intrigued by the associations made in the mind with smells. They can be very powerful triggers, but I wish they were always of the positive variety. :sick:

LynBug
08-07-2010, 10:48 AM
I actually bought a perfume at Epcot in the London pavillion that smells like oranges. It smells awesome! A little pricey though. I know Bath and Body Works also has an orange scent that's fairly new called Orange Saphire. I also have that one and love it!

magicofdisney
08-07-2010, 11:24 AM
I have a body butter that has that same fragrance. It lingers all day so it could have been something as simple as that. :)

DisneyLuver91
08-07-2010, 12:30 PM
I don't have an answer, but I am always amazed/intrigued by the associations made in the mind with smells. They can be very powerful triggers, but I wish they were always of the positive variety. :sick:

Hahah, what? You don't consider a skunk smell a pleasant reminder of Figment??? LOL :rotfl:

Daisy'sMom
08-07-2010, 01:49 PM
If you go to a souvenir shop here in Florida, they have these small bottles of Orange Blossom. They have sold them for years and I love them!:mickey:

Jillirose
08-07-2010, 03:31 PM
If you go to a souvenir shop here in Florida, they have these small bottles of Orange Blossom. They have sold them for years and I love them!:mickey:

I was going to suggest this too - I love it!

magicalmom
08-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Bath and Body Works also has a line of products called Mango Mandarin which has a lovely, orangey smell -

BellesRose
08-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Clinique perfume smells citrus-y to me.

Oddly enough, Soarin' smells like Froot Loops to me. Of course, I've only been on the ride once, but I love the scents.