PDA

View Full Version : Wine at WDW?

darthmacho
08-06-2010, 04:08 PM
I've become an avid wine drinker in the past two years, and I particularly like medium to bold red wines.

I know you can get wine at Italy and France in WS, and Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge, but those are the obvious choices. Where else would one get a nice, but not budget breaking glass or bottle of wine? :mickey:

Thx.

PS Sorry, I'm posting a LOT these days. We're leaving in just 9 days and I'm obsessed...

offwego
08-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Boma and Jiko's (as well as the lounge at AKL) all have some nice choices that aren't crazy expenisve.

Also you can have some nice wines in many of the lounges in the deluxe resorts and cali grill does many by the glass selections.

I hope you enjoy your trip!

SBETigg
08-06-2010, 04:59 PM
California Grill is a great place for a glass or two if they have space at the bar. We like Mizner's Lounge at the Grand Floridian. There's a wine bar in the Beach Club, I think. Martha's Vineyard? Unless it's closed now, not sure. The AKL's lounge is also good, great selection of South African wines. You can do a wine walk now around Epcot- 2 glasses, 2 oz each, in Germany, France, Italy for $20. But if you like bold reds, you might be better off just going by the glass in WS France. All wine at WDW is a bit on the pricey side but some places have more reasonable markup than others. Count on a range of $7- $20 a glass.

cather74
08-06-2010, 05:04 PM
I agree with CG. Also, Narcoose's at Grand Floridian.:wine:

SBETigg
08-06-2010, 05:11 PM
I'll be there when you're there, Darth Macho. Something else to consider is buying a bottle at your resort shop- either at the quick service food area or in the gift shop. It's more expensive than you would pay at your local wine shop for the same labels but much less expensive than glasses at restaurants or lounges. It makes for a nice late afternoon break to have a glass at your resort, in your room or on the patio or balcony. Or at one of the deluxe resorts, Captain Cook's or Gasparilla Grill maybe instead of the lounges-- if you're looking for a more economical way to enjoy wine.

darthmacho
08-06-2010, 05:45 PM
I'll be there when you're there, Darth Macho. Something else to consider is buying a bottle at your resort shop- either at the quick service food area or in the gift shop. It's more expensive than you would pay at your local wine shop for the same labels but much less expensive than glasses at restaurants or lounges. It makes for a nice late afternoon break to have a glass at your resort, in your room or on the patio or balcony. Or at one of the deluxe resorts, Captain Cook's or Gasparilla Grill maybe instead of the lounges-- if you're looking for a more economical way to enjoy wine.

Good suggestion. I'll probably get a bottle or two for the room during our stay.
Traditionally, I get a glass of wine in France and have a nice French pastry. I'll probably do this again. I'm thinking something chocolate...mmmm.

SallyP
08-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Crew's Cup at the Yacht Club, if you don't like what you see on the generic alcoholic beverage/wine menu that is in all Disney Lounges now, you might ask the server to see the Yachtsman Steakhouse wine list. We have done this in the past. We also do that at the Territory Lounge.
Il Mulino Lounge at the Swan has some wonderful Italian wines. Bluezoo at the Dolphin has a great lounge area.
Rose and Crown serves Australian wines and you might be able to find a decent shiraz there.
Another place is the Lounge at The Wave in the Contemporary ... all Australia/New Zealand wines.
As far as American fruit forward wines I think your best bet would be California Grill.

Kairi_7378
08-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Can't beat the reds at the CA Grill! Although I have heard wonderful things about Jiko.