PDA

View Full Version : Rockin Roller Coaster Closing?

DisneyFr33k
08-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Sorry if this is old and has already been posted already, but I just heard that RRC will be closing? Can anyone confirm? If so, when and why? I heard it was something with Aerosmith?

faline
08-06-2010, 03:45 PM
I don't believe there are any plans to close this ride. There have been some rumors that Aerosmith would no longer be associated with the ride.

azcavalier
08-06-2010, 04:15 PM
That would be incredibly surprising. It's popular, just got refurbed, and it can move a lot of people. There's no point to be closing it.

There were some rumors that they would retheme it because of other rumors that Steven Tyler left Aerosmith. In fact, Tyler had some health issues, and took a leave from performing, but last I read, he was back and everything is fine. So, I don't think that anything is going to change.

crazypoohbear
08-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Latest rumor is that Steven Tyler is going to be the next judge on American Idol.
A few weeks ago, Joe Perry was involved in a motorcycle accident here in MA.
He was fine, but I'm sure there will be more rumors about the band.

Tekneek
08-07-2010, 08:59 AM
Aerosmith could continue to be connected with this attraction for however long both they and Disney wanted it to exist, regardless of whether the band was active in the music industry or not. Even if Tyler left the band, he would continue to be involved with them in business dealings that involved his contributions and rights indefinitely. It's not unusual, particularly in the music industry, and isn't even really a big deal.

So, in other words, it is highly unlikely any disputes within the band are going to necessitate a sudden action from Disney. The association is a win for Aerosmith. Most likely the only way they get dropped is when/if Disney decides to drop them.

KAT1811
08-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Even if there was an issue with Aerosmith (which it appears there isn't) it would be fairly easy to retheme the ride to exclude Aerosmith. Some signage, a new preshow, and new ride music and Aerosmith would be just a memory.

OCDisney
08-12-2010, 05:18 PM
I have heard about this and have a thread started called Rocking Roller Coaster not so Rockin'? And I have been confirmed that Rockin Roller Coaster will NOT be shut down. Thank goodness. :clappy:

edhunter28
08-12-2010, 07:19 PM
if they do retheme it it should be the iron maiden rock n rollercoaster XD

brownie
08-13-2010, 06:08 PM
I don't see them closing down this ride. Maybe re-theming if they can't work out a new contract, but not scrapping it.

BluewaterBrad
08-13-2010, 06:22 PM
What is taking its place? A meet and great??:mickey: