PDA

View Full Version : Whcih rainforest cafe do you prefer?

mrmcgiv
08-06-2010, 01:12 AM
We may add this to our dining list next week. Which is best. AK will be easiest to get to I suppose.

There is a $10 off coupon on line, anyone use these w/ no problem?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vigp6tbmPl4/S8AJbMQGOcI/AAAAAAAAAWI/1WkxUEWtgXI/s1600/Rainforest_Cafe.jpg

Also here is a PH $10 coupon

http://planethollywoodintl.com/partners/VisaProgram_2008-2009/

cather74
08-06-2010, 04:33 AM
I have only eaten at the AK one but it was great and very convenient after a sweaty day at AK. We usually went for lunch and it was a nice air conditioned break. I've only walked by the DTD one and it always seemed like a zoo. (no pun intended) :elephant::flamingo::gator::frog::lizard:

DizneyRox
08-06-2010, 07:02 AM
I've gone to both, the one at AK seemed to be notably less crowded. As mentioned, the on at DTD can get to be a bit of a zoo! You would think it would be the opposite. But like AK the Rainforest there is Natazu...

Ms. Mode
08-06-2010, 07:20 AM
We've been to both, I don't know why..but I like the one at AK much better. It just seemed more relaxed, less rushed to me. :thumbsup:

mickclub1955
08-06-2010, 08:11 AM
Be advised that if you are staying off property and driving to the one at AK you will have to pay the parking fee.

grumpypima
08-06-2010, 09:15 AM
We were there in July and loved the Rainforest Cafe at AK! AK had EMHs that evening, it was soooo cool to do AK on a hot summer night!!!

Renfairwedding
08-06-2010, 09:15 AM
AK is my favorite. much less crowded.

I recommend joining the Safari Club. You basically get back your money in discounts and specials but what I love about the card is you get priority seating. Last year we arrived for dinner at the Down Town Disney location. It had a two hour wait for a table. We presented our card and we were seated in less then ten min.

LOVE THOSE MOJO BONES!!!!
Kansas (Now Closed)
New Jersey (Edison)
New York (Now Closed)
Minnesota (Bloomington)
Disney (Both Locations)

mrmcgiv
08-06-2010, 09:34 AM
Thanks, Ak works best, so that is good to know! We are on prop and staying at AKL, so the parking should all be good.

MarkC
08-06-2010, 09:42 AM
I agree that for some reason I like the one at AK better. Location location location.

I ate at the one in Mall of America (Minneapolis) last week to keep my membership current, and I also had a coupon that expired a week earlier that they still let me use. There was even a line there on a Tuesday night, but I got right in using my card as well.

I guess membership does have some privileges.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-06-2010, 02:00 PM
We always eat at the AK location, its a tradition for us

Pop Centurion
08-06-2010, 02:30 PM
I agree with everyone. AK is much less crowded.

We just recently ate at the one in Atlantic City, NJ because we were going through WDW withdrawl. So we imagined we were at one of them there. But reality set in when we left and saw the boardwalk rather than AK. :(

badkitty
08-07-2010, 03:11 AM
The one at AK serves breakfast. :thumbsup: So yummy! :eat: