PDA

View Full Version : Special T Travel?

robyn221
08-05-2010, 04:06 PM
I think someone may have just pulled a fast one on my mother-in-law.

The condensed version of this is: My father-in-law, years ago, purchased a "vacation package" over the phone from a telemarketer working for this company which he and my mother-in-law never used. It's been over 5 years, and the company, Special T Travel, contacted my mother-in-law to let her know that she has a sizeable credit, and for a few dollars more she can get this vacation package with three Florida trips (WDW/Orlando being one of them), but she has to decide right then. After she agrees and gets off the phone, she starts to worry that she's been scammed. She was hoping that she could give the WDW portion to our family.

Has anyone had any dealings with this company, and if so, what was your experience?

Thanks!

Robyn:mickey:

RedSoxandPatsfan
08-05-2010, 06:13 PM
You should do a search for them on line. I looked quickly and what I saw looked scary. Hope you can find out and get out if it is bad.

faline
08-06-2010, 09:01 AM
No knowledge of this company but, personally, I wouldn't ever buy a vacation from someone unknown to me who called me on the phone. Hope all is okay.

PopPhan
08-06-2010, 09:49 AM
If they gave out any credit card/banking information, I would have them IMMEDIATELY check their accounts for fraudulent charges.

I did a quick Google of the company name and it seems like a legitimate operation, but I would be very wary!!

Dulcee
08-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Same as above... if you search them quick you find their website which appears reputable but upon searching for reviews of it it seems alot of people of have heard the same story as your DMIL.

I'd be very very wary..