PDA

View Full Version : Which TS place would you pick?

sommer
08-05-2010, 09:41 AM
We got the QSDP (is that correct?) for our trip in January. It's me, DH, DD (9), DS (7), & DS (2). I am wondering if we should plan one TS meal? We are trying to stay within our budget, but I want to make sure we experience all we can. So with that being said, if we can only do one meal as TS (or not on the QS meal plan), which one would you recommend for my family?

Scar
08-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Biergarten. Good value, good buffet, good entertainment, good atmosphere, good beer.

KAT1811
08-05-2010, 09:54 AM
I would say 'Ohana. The food is fabulous, the Polynesian is beautiful, you can ride the monerail to get there, they have all you care to eat dining, cocnut races for the kids (they take a broom and push coconuts around the restaurant), hula lessons for the kids. The restaurant is both entertaining and has wonderful food. If I had to pick just one that woudld be it.

Second runner up would be an early breakfast ADR at Crystal Palace for breakfast. That way you get to experience an almost empty Magic Kingdom. Walking down Main Street in the early morning hours with virtually no one in sight. No wait for the Photopass photographers, and if you eat at a decent enough pace you can already be well into the park when the rope drops and one of the first in line for almost any ride you want!

brownie
08-05-2010, 10:58 AM
Our favorite would probably be the breakfast buffet at Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club.

Ms. Mode
08-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Well, I would suggest Sci-Fi Dine In or 50's Prime Time...both are a lot of fun!

Jillirose
08-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Well, I would suggest Sci-Fi Dine In or 50's Prime Time...both are a lot of fun!

:ditto:
With kids that age you can't beat the atmosphere/experience at SciFi. The food is good diner fare.

magicalmom
08-05-2010, 12:24 PM
If your offspring are into the characters, I would make it a character meal - I think you get the most bang for your buck at the breakfast buffets, and you can schedule them early so they don't cut into park time.

We've had character breakfast at Crystal Palace, Grand Floridian, and Cape May, and enjoyed them greatly. It would be easy to schedule CP or GF on an MK day, and Cape May is an easy walk from Epcot.

We also thoroughly enjoyed the character lunch buffet at Hollywood and Vine in the Studios, but that was a while ago. I don't know if this is still offered?

Mickey91
08-05-2010, 05:41 PM
We got the QSDP (is that correct?) for our trip in January. It's me, DH, DD (9), DS (7), & DS (2). I am wondering if we should plan one TS meal? We are trying to stay within our budget, but I want to make sure we experience all we can. So with that being said, if we can only do one meal as TS (or not on the QS meal plan), which one would you recommend for my family?
Chef Mickey's breakfast buffet...but book it as soon as possible. This one books up fast!

marlyn
08-05-2010, 05:58 PM
I also agree with the character dining with the kids! If you can do only one TS then go for the characters so you can watch your kids have an awesome time and eat too :) Chef Mickey's is always good and the characters are good for all ages

BigThunderFan
08-06-2010, 03:14 PM
We love breakfast at Chef Mickey's too.

But just to be different and make your decision that much harder I am going to recommend Whispering Canyon Cafe! You can take the boat there from MK and it is just amazing to see the Wilderness Lodge. The meal is lots of fun especially for kids that age, plus it is good! You can also spend some time exploring the lodge and its grounds, the area is just beautiful!

ERJDriver
08-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Wow, alot of great places to choose from. I would say if the kids love charecters then Chef Mickey's breakfast. If not I would say Ohana or Whispering Canyon Cafe. Chef Mickey's for breakfast is a blast, and as mentioned previsouly Ohana is great fun for dinner, as is Whispering Canyon and both have great food.

sommer
08-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Thanks everyone for your input! We decided on breakfast at Chef Mickey's. We are going there at 7:30 and then will head to the MK afterward. How long do you think it'll take to get there from POR? I know when I made the res. it said to give and 1 1/2 hours.:confused:

Oh, can we just walk to the MK from there???

KAT1811
08-08-2010, 10:03 AM
How long do you think it'll take to get there from POR? I know when I made the res. it said to give and 1 1/2 hours.:confused:

Oh, can we just walk to the MK from there???

IMHO it is SO much esier to take a taxi to a very early breakfast ADR. It takes the stress out of getting there on time and it's door to door service. Other than a taxi you have to take a bus to the MK then the fastest route would be to walk over to the Contemporary via the path which is located along the shrub line closest to the MK. Then take the elevator up to the floor where Chef Mickey's is located. The cab rides we have experienced are usually less than $20 and well worth it. Good luck and have fun!!!

LudwigVonDrake
08-08-2010, 03:18 PM
'Ohana or 50s Prime Time :tasty: