PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan Question: Is this Allowed/Possible?

Pennsylvania Dad
08-04-2010, 11:25 PM
Our family of five will be visiting WDW in October with Free Dining.

We have three kids aged 10, 9, and 7.

This is the first time we'll be at Disney when one of my kids is officially considered and "adult" (I understand that my 10-year-old is now considered an adult as far as the Dining Plan goes.)

This kid is not a huge eater. She may occassionally (maybe once or twice all week)want to order off the adult menu but for the most part, I know she'd be happy with the kids selections. (pizza, mac & cheese, grilled, cheese, etc.)

Here's the question: At sit-down meals, can I choose to use 2 adult credits (for me and the bride) and just 2 kid's credits (for the 9 and 7 year-olds) and pay out of pocket for a third kid's meal for my 10-year-old?

I figure if I do this, I can save one Adult Credit for each sit down meal for use later during the vacation. Right?

What do you think? Is this possible (or even allowed)? And if so, does it seem shady?

Thanks for your feedback.

cajundisneyfreak
08-05-2010, 12:01 AM
Yes it is allowable.You just tell them how many dp credits to subtract and that you are paying out of pocket for one.They will ask you before you order.I have done this with my picky eater son who is 12. I've also ordered off of the kids menu even though I'm paying adult prices for him.They gave him a bigger portion of food than the regular kids size.:mickey:

Pennsylvania Dad
08-05-2010, 12:12 AM
Thank you! Now I feel better.

Maybe I'll use those extra adult credits for a date night with my wife at a 2 credit signature!

Sweet!

KAT1811
08-05-2010, 09:56 AM
You can use the total points however you choose to. That's a great plan. Now you won't feel as if they are going to waste. Have a great date!

cajundisneyfreak
08-05-2010, 09:58 AM
You're welcome! I'm sure your wife would love that date night.Hope you & your family have an awesome vacation at the most magical place on earth!!!!!! :mickey:

Jillirose
08-05-2010, 11:51 AM
My kids aren't big eaters either, but were very happy when they graduated to adult status on the dining plan, because they tired of eating pizza and macaroni every nite!!

DisneyBunch5
08-05-2010, 12:18 PM
I wish that they had junior meals available for children who just "graduated" to adult meals. While he enjoyed the variety available on the adult menu, he often found that the adult meals were too large.

TheDuckRocks
08-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Just remember that you can't do this at a buffet or one of the restaurants that serve family style.