PDA

View Full Version : online reservations

Mary Chase
08-03-2010, 07:27 PM
I can't believe how difficult it is to get a reservation for Chef Mickey this year! Online says there are no reservations for dinner or breakfast for the week I'm going. I seem to be having more trouble ever since they started this online reservation system. Has anyone ever had trouble getting reservations online but called the dining line and gotten a reservation? It seems like there has to be some availability.

PopPhan
08-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Since you haven't said when your trip is, I have to assume, from your signature, that it is in November...Since you are well inside the 180 days reservation period, AND the "Free DDP" offers thru the end of the year, I can understand why you would be having problems getting a reservation at one of the most popular restaurants on property.

Keep trying online, but make some calls too! There are always cancellations....

Good luck!

Mary Chase
08-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Yes, we're going in November again this year and during free dining. I know I haven't had this much trouble in the past though with Chef Mickey - and have booked later than now. I think the online system definitely has something to do with it. I guess I can hope for some cancellations.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-03-2010, 09:20 PM
I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting the ADR's you want.

I think the online system may have something to do with it, since it is so much easier to book ADR's, some people may be booking, "just in case".

But, the online system also makes it easier to check for cancellations and openings ... keep trying!

Jodi
08-03-2010, 10:29 PM
I love the online reservations, have had good luck using this rather than waiting on hold forever to do it over the phone. When are you going? We were able to get Chef Mickey this month. We did, however, make our resies well before we were coming down! 10 days, getting way too excited.:thumbsup:

Renfairwedding
08-03-2010, 11:24 PM
I had only one problem and that was it showed on line a available time but when I click on it it came back as cart error.

I called and it turned out all tables were taken.

I asked why it showed available times online not even tech support could figure it out.

Jessietoystory2
08-07-2010, 09:07 PM
We recently went to WDW at the end of July. Our favorite restaurant is O'hana's. I also had a very hard time getting ADR's. I kept trying the web site everyday a couple of times and ended up getting ADR's one week before we left. So keep on trying!!!!

faline
08-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Last December, during a free dining period, it took until 2 days before we left to get a dining reservation at Chef Mickey's for a time we wanted. Keep trying!

DiannaJ
08-08-2010, 07:12 PM
I have had the same problem in the past so here is what I did. Show up before they open and talk to the host or hostess about getting a table when they open. More times than not I did get a table because most people do not show up for breakfast or dinner that early. So you may want to give that a shot.

NancyCnstn
08-09-2010, 03:56 PM
I kept trying everyday and one day it was available, so I grabbed it. Since then nothing is available. So defenetly keep trying. Make sure you have something for that day just incase. but you never know what might pop up. Another thing with online reservations is you can have a few things saved up at the same time. I had a reservation in the system for 5:15, and found something else I liked better for 6p. It let me keep both. of course I canceled the one I decided I didnt want but I think the system is set up so people can hoard reservations until they make up their mind. Thats the only glitch I can see in the system.