PDA

View Full Version : Computer experts help.

caryrae
08-03-2010, 07:24 PM
My SIL is having trouble with their computer. They moved to Egypt earlier this year. Not sure if anyone has any ideas but this what she wrote on Facebook today.

A week ago

Anyone know what to do when I am not able to connect to our wireless network on our computer because it is unable to find a certificate to log us on??? Help!!

Today

today while on, someones yahoo account( email and messenger )kept popping up on our screen. No one that we know. We opened his messenger contacts, and I recognized one of the names as someone who had tried to contact me through sk...ype months ago. I ignored his request to add contact, but ever since then everytime I would open skype, the pop up that shows if you've missed a call or anything would show his missed call - like I said was from months ago. I couldn't get it to go away, but never thought anything of it. Now that this happens and the names are connected, I'm pretty sure they are in. Do u think the whole certificate problem from the other day was because of them? And do you have any advice on what to do? We removed the whole yahoo program from our system, was that a smart thing to do?

DizneyRox
08-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Sorry, I don't use Facebook and I don't use Skype.

The reason I don't do Facebook revolves around the spread of viruses, etc that I hear is pretty prevalent. More to do with the social networking nature of the site than security flaws with the site itself.

I'e see malware/spyware/viruses cause connectiity issues, my friend just flattened his PC because he couldn't connect, but others could.

I'm not sure what the problem was, but it's fixed now, so it was some software (malware/spyware) and not hardware, since all he did was format his drive and reinstall Windows.