PDA

View Full Version : Teppan Edo and TIW

Melanie
08-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Anyone been to Teppan Edo recently and been refused use of the Tables in Wonderland card? We went today and were told they didn't accept TIW, but Tokyo Dining did. Used to be the other way around, but Tokyo Dining was included finally at the beginning of the year. Not really happy since it would have saved us over $20 today. I did send an email to WDW Guest Relations, since it's listed right on their website that it's accepted there. :confused:

SurferStitch
08-03-2010, 08:46 PM
We've never been able to use our TiW at Teppan Edo since we started eating there a few years ago. I really wish they would start accepting it!

I don't know why the WDW website lists Teppan Edo. Like I said, we've never been able to use TiW (or DDE in the past) there. We've always been told they don't accept it.

Melanie
08-04-2010, 08:25 AM
We've never been able to use our TiW at Teppan Edo since we started eating there a few years ago. I really wish they would start accepting it!

I don't know why the WDW website lists Teppan Edo. Like I said, we've never been able to use TiW (or DDE in the past) there. We've always been told they don't accept it.

Well that makes no sense at all then. When we ate at Tokyo Dining late last year, they told us they didn't accept TIW, but Teppan Edo did. :crazy: I didn't know since we hadn't eaten at Teppan Edo since '96.

snowwhite1970
08-04-2010, 10:08 AM
We were not able to use TiW card at Teppan
Edo in April.

SurferStitch
08-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Well that makes no sense at all then. When we ate at Tokyo Dining late last year, they told us they didn't accept TIW, but Teppan Edo did. :crazy: I didn't know since we hadn't eaten at Teppan Edo since '96.

Yeah, and we were told it COULD be used at Tokyo Dining! Go figure!!

big blue and hairy
08-04-2010, 03:01 PM
As far as I'm concerned, if you're on Disney property, you should accept TIW. I know its not a rule, but if you don't, you don't get my business. I no longer go to Japan and I no longer go to Big River (which was only mediocre anyway). Portobello is not a Disney owned restaurant and they accept TIW. If you want business from the folks that go most often, accept TIW.

:sulley:

marlyn
08-04-2010, 03:36 PM
If you want business from the folks that go most often, accept TIW.

:thumbsup: I totally agree!! I was surprosed thet Yak & Yeti didnt accept it, nor did T-Rex. Luckily I have APs so I got 10% off anyhow.

big blue and hairy
08-05-2010, 03:21 PM
:thumbsup: I totally agree!! I was surprosed thet Yak & Yeti didnt accept it, nor did T-Rex. Luckily I have APs so I got 10% off anyhow.Me too, but it ticks me off when on-site restaurants don't participate in TIW. I know, it's their choice, but it's my choice to only give my business to those that accept TIW.

SurferStitch
08-05-2010, 08:02 PM
I agree that all on-property restaurants should accept TiW, but we won't skip a place we love if they don't take it. We LOVE Teppan Edo, Yak & Yeti and Fulton's, so we still dine there without TiW. At least Fulton's and Y&Y take the AP discount!

faline
08-05-2010, 08:06 PM
We ate at Teppan Edo in May and were surprised when they would not accept the Tables in Wonderland card!

crltkcagle
08-07-2010, 07:03 PM
What is a TiW card?

faline
08-07-2010, 07:18 PM
A card that offers 20% discount on dining. More information here (http://intercot.com/infocentral/dining/dde.asp).

Melanie
08-14-2010, 09:35 PM
I've still yet to hear anything from Guest Relations on this - 11 days later. :unsure: Couple this with another email I sent to [email protected] in mid July that I've also yet to hear back from, and I'm not too impressed with their online "relations" right now.

I realize I can just pick up the phone and call for a quicker answer, but if they offer the online services, I expect a timely answer (especially when it's promised in the automatic response regarding their receiving my email). Frustrating! :bang:

SurferStitch
08-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Well, if you hear anything about Teppan Edo and TiW, make sure you let us know. I'd love to hear what they say.

Thanks!!

Melanie
08-16-2010, 04:53 PM
Here is my response I finally got today, after contacting them again. It really tells me...nothing. And doesn't explain why it's listed on the list of participating restaurants. :shrug:

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Walt Disney WorldŽ Resort.

I am very sorry for the disappointment you experienced while trying to
utilize your Tables in Wonderland card. I have partnered with the
restaurants in EPCOT and have been informed that Tokyo Dining does
accept the card but Teppan Edo however does not.

I wanted to personally assure you that your feedback has been taken
seriously and let you know how much we appreciate your comments. Our
Guests' feedback allows for our continual growth and the preservation of
the magic Walt Disney dreamed about.

I am available between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST should you have any questions.

Thank you again for your honest and constructive feedback.

Best Regards,

Alexandra Rikos
Guest Communication Services
Walt Disney World Resort
407-560-3592