PDA

View Full Version : As there ever been an Animatronic of Walt Disney himself?

caryrae
08-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Just curious if there has ever been an Animatronic of Walt Disney built and if not wonder why?

ILoveLegos
08-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Not that I know of, but the father in Carousel of Progress morphs in my mind to make me think of a "young Walt Disney". Mainly though I'm recalling my first impressions of seeing this attraction at the tender age of 7 (when I needed glasses but didn't know that yet, LOL) - thanks to the Wonderful World of Disney & Walt's introductions on the show each weekeach week, I just "knew" this was "Walt himself" explaining the "household - wheels of progress to us" - heheheh- :confused:

To my credit this was the first "ride" we did in the Magic Kingdom - my dad had seen the World's Fair version of this attraction in the late 60's (before I was born) and this was the first ride he led my family to on our very first day ever in WDW. So I had no pre-conceived concepts about Walt, animatronics or the Magic Kingdom - it was all a wonder to behold!

darthmacho
08-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Wow! Good point. They ought to work on that... :mickey:

Buttercup
08-03-2010, 09:53 PM
They should have done it - imagine "Walt" taking you through "One Man's Dream". :mickey::thumbsup:

ransam
08-05-2010, 01:07 AM
i have no idea why i'm saying this....but i hope they don't... I don't think they could ever capture Walt well enough to satisfy us.

having said that. I'd love to see an actual movie made about him. i know there's documentaries but a real movie would be cool.

brownie
08-05-2010, 11:32 AM
I think we would have seen something during the 100 Years of Magic celebration if they were going to make an audio-animatronic of Walt Disney. One Man's Dream would have been a good fit for something like that.

Mufasa
08-05-2010, 12:06 PM
A Walt Disney animatronic has never been made and likely will never be created- the Disney family has specifically requested that an animatronic of Walt never be made.

An animatronic was considered briefly at one time as part of The Walt Disney Story in the Main Street Opera House at Disneyland (when it replaced Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln from 1973 - 1975 I think were the dates).

There was an interview with Blaine Gibson in the (now discontinued) E-ticket magazine issue #21 in Spring 1995 where he was asked about a Walt Disney animatronic and the feeling amongst the Imagineers that personally knew and worked with Walt is that it would be impossible to capture his expressive qualities in an AA figure as well as the idea being somewhat creepy.

PlutoPlanet
08-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Great post.

That's why you're Mufasa.

Renfairwedding
08-05-2010, 02:02 PM
LOL... Creepy came to mind when I saw this post the first time.

Imagineer1981
08-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Could be really cool, but would have to be THE BEST they've ever done, to do justice to the man who started it all