PDA

View Full Version : Open thank you letter to Intercot

SandmanGStefani24
08-03-2010, 03:34 AM
So you might remember that i reported I lost my job a month or so ago. Probably more but whatever...

Either way during all the negative feelings and depression one of the few positives was Intercot and all the people who not only sent their well wishes but who helped take my mind off things. This website truly encompasses all that WDW brings and makes it seem like WDW isn't too far away. It may not be Disney, but it helps to know Intercot is there.

I recently recieved an offer from another agency and I start next week. It's been a tough time definately, but I owe you a debt of gratitude Intercot, and Intercotees. Any bit of light in a dark place is welcome, and I hope to pass it on not only here but at the parks too, and beyond as well. Thank you Intercot, I can never repay you.

Intercot fans, please feel free to give thanks here or tell stories or Intercot related items here. This post is for you, so tell us anything you want. you rock!

:rocks::drummer::pipes::pepe:

beksy
08-03-2010, 04:19 AM
First, I just wanted to say Congrats on the job! I am so happy for you! I totally agree with you, Intercot and all the wonderful people on here have got me through some tough times as well. Even when I just need some encouragement (like tonight when I'm trying to finish a difficult paper!) or reminders of happy times to keep on working, I know I can come here and read all the inspirational stories, wonderful trip reports, and see the excitement of people planning trips. Intercottees are some of the best people anywhere! Thanks to you all! :mickey:

Jeff
08-03-2010, 08:01 AM
Congrats on the new position!:thumbsup:

SBETigg
08-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Congratulations on the new job. I am so happy for you to land in a new position, and I totally agree about Intercot. You're all amazing and it's so cool to have been around long enough that there's a feeling of family on the boards.

Moderator Faline (Linda) and her husband came to my booksigning at the Dolphin last week, and it warmed my heart to finally meet in person and to know that she and Gene took that time out to make the connection. Much appreciated!

Dsnygirl
08-03-2010, 10:19 AM
:mickey: First off, congrats on your new job -- that is so awesome!! I hope it goes REALLY well for you.

I just realized I just passed my 5yr anniversary here, and I have to agree with everything you thank I'cot for -- in the past 5 years, I've gone through a layoff w/ my DH, a move, a change of schools for my girls and lots of other little things that I brought onto I'cot and was encouraged about by other Intercotees.

This place is more than just a board for info on Disney -- it is a place where Disney comes alive, both in ideas and in feeling -- and I can't say enough about how glad I am I found it 5 years ago!

:thanks: I'cot!

princessgirls
08-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Congratulations on the new job! That is good news!!!

You'll be planning another trip to the world in no time!

I feel the same way about Intercot. Always found the people on here nice, uplifting and encouraging. I also LOVE it because I don't have many friends that share my love of all things Disney...so I need to talk Disney here and there.
Julie:mickey:

Disney4us2
08-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Congrats on the new position:thumbsup:

Being a part of the Intercot family has given me support while I was going through a bad time in my life. Luckly and happily, I am no longer in that "bad" situation. Thank you all:thumbsup:

Ed
08-04-2010, 07:08 AM
Precisely why INTERCOT has been my second home for 11 years. :thumbsup:

:rocks:

crazypoohbear
08-04-2010, 10:39 PM
Congrats on the new job! It must be such a great stress reliever for you.
I'm glad the people of intercot were there for you. They are a great bunch of people and supported me through a tough time a few years back as well.
Sometimes it's the kindness of strangers that keep you going. :mickey:

divinedi
08-04-2010, 10:58 PM
Congratulations on the new job!!!!

I too have gone through some tough times, lost my job over a year ago, and everyone here was sooooo supportive! Still haven't found a job, but I have gone back to school, and again, everyone was very supportive, as I am 53 and haven't been to school in a looooooong time, lol! I had a problem with an ex of a friend and me wanting to take their two girls to DW and again Intercotees were there with their encouragement and best wishes, and all worked out well in the end.

INTERCOT ROCKS!!!!! so many wonderful, friendly people!

vizsla
08-05-2010, 05:16 AM
Congratulations :thumbsup:

brownie
08-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Congrats on the new job! I hope it goes well for you.

magicalmom
08-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Congratulations!

And best of luck in the new position; and in passing on the light -

faline
08-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Congrats on the new job! What wonderful news for you!

faline
08-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Moderator Faline (Linda) and her husband came to my booksigning at the Dolphin last week, and it warmed my heart to finally meet in person and to know that she and Gene took that time out to make the connection. Much appreciated!

It was wonderful to meet you in person! I'm looking forward to reading your book!