PDA

View Full Version : CBR question?

disneymomma2010
08-02-2010, 03:52 PM
We are taking our twin boys who will be turning 7, to disney for thier birthday in october.(Super excited and can't wait!:party2: ) We will be staying at the CBR for the first time. We also have some family coming with us and we have booked a pirate room and they have booked a standard. Has anyone ever done this before, will it be hard to be so far apart or will it be ok?

sept 2009 pop century
2007 off site
2003 ASM
1998 POFQ

buzznwoodysmom
08-02-2010, 05:43 PM
You might actually like being a bit spread out at your resort. If your planning on touring the parks with the extended family it will be nice to go back to your resort and split up for a while. And if you want to spend time with them at the resort you can all meet at the main pool, which your sons will absolutely love. We've stayed at CBR twice now, both in pirate rooms, and my boys loved the pool and the rooms.

RedSoxandPatsfan
08-03-2010, 09:10 AM
You'll love the Pirate rooms they're awesome. I'm sure your kids will like it there. The main pool will be a big hit with them, so be prepared to spend some time there.

As far as the difference in room location / family separation, I don't see it as being a big deal. It will only add 10 or 15 minutes in the mornings while you possibly wait for people to gather at Old Port Royale. With room phones to call other resort rooms, or cell phones, it shouldn't be a big deal to coordinate where and when to meet. so I wouldn't worry to much.

disneymomma2010
08-03-2010, 09:30 AM
thanks!:D i was thinking that maybe it wouldnt matter to have some time a part and that we would have to walk to the main pool anyway no matter what building we were in. Makes me feel better to hear it from someone who was actually there.:thumbsup:

andreallybadeggs
08-03-2010, 10:50 AM
What a great trip for your boys! Know they will love it-- my 59 year old pirate sure did. ;)
After several trips with extended family or friends to WDW agree with the others that a little separation is not a bad thing. Enjoy making those memories. :pirate:

disneymomma2010
08-03-2010, 11:10 AM
yeah, last year we all went together and stayed at the pop century. we stayed in the same building, but never saw each other. we got up, got ready, and headed to the parks. by the time that we got back we were exhausted, took showers and hit the hay!:sleepin: we thought it would be nicer to have our rooms together this time because we want to enjoy the cbr a little so i was worried but you guys are making me feel better about it. thanks:thanks: