PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a little something special...

MCeee
08-02-2010, 12:05 PM
My wife, myself, our son and his new wife, and another couple are headed to WDW in early November (staying at SSR Villas). I wanted to do something special for the group while we're there. Maybe an Illuminations boat ride, a theme park tour or something like that. We're all veterans... so looking for something that would appeal to them. Any suggestions?:secret:
Thanks!!
Mitchell

KAT1811
08-02-2010, 01:27 PM
I think the Illuminations cruise sounds fun.

Dinner that coincides with Wishes at the California Grill would also be fun.

We enjoyed seeing La Nouba. Dinner afterwards at Portobello outside would be nice.

A private dinner at the Grand Floridian might be fun.

The Hoop-Dee-Doo would be fun with a crowd of people.

Whatever you do enjoy!!!! :party:

Ms. Mode
08-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Have you taken any of the tours yet? We are planning the Backstage Tour for our next trip, they also have a new safari tour getting started soon that sounds like fun. :mickey:

huslovesthemouse
08-02-2010, 05:22 PM
If you like the water parks rent one of the private cabanas - we had one at TL 2 weeks ago and absolutely loved it! It was my husband and I with our 16 year old daughter and her friend. We arrived at opening (9) and didn't leave until closing (8).

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
08-02-2010, 05:57 PM
Behind the Seeds Tour at The Land (DW and I loved it -- relaxing (if you like slow-paced walking) and informative).

The behind the scenes tour (don't remember what it's called) at AK. DW and I really loved that one, too. You get to see where they keep some of the animals when they are not "on stage", you see where they keep and how they make the food for the animals, and lots of other neat things.

Best of all, though, the Segway tour at Epcot. Best tour we've ever taken.

A Big Kid
08-02-2010, 07:27 PM
After 10 years of going at least once a year, we went to Hoop Dee Doo. What a blast that was! I highly recommend it.

Disney Yankee
08-02-2010, 08:21 PM
The Illuminations Cruise is wonderful!:cloud9: Our boat driver gave us a nice ride, and a history of the DHS/Epcot area before the actual fireworks began. It was definitely a Magical Memory:mickey:.

The fireworks at the Cali Grill is a great way to celebrate a Disney Vacation, too. Just sitting watching the sun set behind the Castle is magical. Then eating a delicious dinner and watching the fireworks during dessert is a memory that I keep with me all year!!!;)

PlutoPlanet
08-03-2010, 07:05 AM
Sounds like everyone in the group is over 16 so you can go to the Back stage tours. Did that in the spring. It was fun and different.

PinkTink
08-03-2010, 12:13 PM
The Segway tour of Epcot is a lot of fun! I would highly recommend it!

Fort Willow
08-07-2010, 09:44 PM
The Hoop Dee Doo show is a great show and super great food. The Animal Kingdom backstage tour is really interesting and you learn a lot of neat things! The Dive quest at the Living Seas is cool if you like the water and fish. You also learn some neat info about the attraction. :thumbsup:

brivers222
08-24-2010, 12:57 PM
The fireworks at the Cali Grill is a great way to celebrate a Disney Vacation, too. Just sitting watching the sun set behind the Castle is magical. Then eating a delicious dinner and watching the fireworks during dessert is a memory that I keep with me all year!!!;)

Dinner that coincides with Wishes at the California Grill would also be fun.

If wishes is at 9pm and we have an ADR at 9:35 for Cali Grill... Can we get up there early to watch the fireworks then get our table? or do we have to have an ADR right before Wishes to get up there?

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-24-2010, 03:04 PM
If you can afford it, how about dinner at Victoria and Alberts?:mickey:

BrerSchultzy
08-25-2010, 08:12 AM
For a complete change of pace, why not book each couple for a carriage ride in Port Orleans or Fort Wilderness (I think they take 2-4 adults per carriage), or try and get a wagon ride in Fort Wilderness.

paragon
08-29-2010, 09:51 AM
Oh, you should definitely try the Fireworks cruise with audio, on Bay Lake and Seven Seas lagoon. You get a nice Bay Lake and 7 Seas Lagoon cruise, up close to the island, as well as an up close view of the electric water parade and the music bounces off the water for incredible sound,, the music and sound of Main St and Wishes playing on the boat, snacks and soda, and then park in front of the Train Station for a view of the fireworks over the park. In November you may want a sweater while on the water, but no worries, there are blankets on the boat too. We did this in April, and it was absolutely worth every penny!

DisneyaHolic
08-29-2010, 04:10 PM
I don't know what your budget is, or how often you have all been before. I would say that if Disney World has been visited before, then a backstage tour would be awesome (I have loved both Backstage Magic and Keys to the Kingdom.)

If the group hasn't been much before, the fireworks cruise would be really fun. I also have enjoyed the Segway tour at Epcot enormously - we have done it four times!

artyboy
08-29-2010, 05:27 PM
If wishes is at 9pm and we have an ADR at 9:35 for Cali Grill... Can we get up there early to watch the fireworks then get our table? or do we have to have an ADR right before Wishes to get up there?

We always arrive very early for dinner at California Grill...and we ask to go to the bar to wait, and then watch Wishes from the observation deck with a pre-dinner cocktail. I'm pretty certain that they give you a beeper to let you know when your table's ready.

MCeee
08-30-2010, 10:07 AM
You guys really have some great ideas... thanks! I'm having some trouble finding the cost of the Wishes (Bay Lake/Seven Seas Lagoon) fireworks cruise... anybody have an idea of the price?

Scrod
08-30-2010, 12:54 PM
It's under the info central tab - Fireworks Cruises

paragon
08-30-2010, 02:09 PM
The Fireworks cruise is operated by Sammy Duvall's watersports, our driver was very nice, even took a group photo of us before we left the dock, and was a great guide. We saw all the birds nesting at night, it was so funny!
Well worth the price.

SBETigg
08-30-2010, 02:17 PM
Spa treatments! It's a little different, but a great break from the parks. My husband and I finally tried the spa at the GF and wished we had done it sooner. We got a couples massage followed by facials. I never would have convinced him to try a facial, but they listed one as a "gentleman's facial" and he enjoyed it even more than the massage. It was a very special morning for us, and we left feeling so relaxed and recharged. There's a spa onsite at SSR, I think. I recommend giving it a try.