PDA

View Full Version : ADR's one month away

EpcotChic23
08-02-2010, 11:07 AM
So my DH decided this weekend we will be going to WDW from my birthday 9/9-9/14. I am super excited we got some great deals. Well I am trying to make ADRS and I am having such a hard time. I always expceted this time in WDW would be a "slower"time. There are certain places I am not even attempting (cindy's castle, Le Celliure) but Tutto in Epcot is full from 5pm-10pm on my birthday the 10th The Plaza in the MK only had 5:00 open. Is something going on at that time? Do you think once I get down there the concierge will be able to help me, or are they honestly all booked. I normally plan my adrs waaaaaayyyyy in advanced so this is new for me.

laprana
08-02-2010, 11:18 AM
You are going during Free Dining, which could be why you're having a tough time getting ADRs. Keep trying, though, and check online or over the phone often for any cancellations that come up and you may be able to get what you want! Good luck! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-02-2010, 12:37 PM
I agree with the above, free dining snaps up all of the ADR's pretty quickly.

If you're looking for Italian, the new restaurant starts taking ADR's soon (I think August 6), for bookings in September, so that may be something to try.

Ms. Mode
08-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Have you tried getting something at one of the resort restaurants?

Scar
08-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Have you tried getting something at one of the resort restaurants?:ditto: A quick walk from World Showcase or a monorail ride from the MK will open up many good restaurants, with availability, and most better than the restaurants in the parks.

EpcotChic23
08-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Ahhhhhh free dining. That makes sense. I got a couple but I am going to keep trying. I have a couple in the resorts already....we shall see.

7165red
08-04-2010, 04:36 PM
People have been making dinning res. 180 days out. I booked the end of june for xmas week. Keep calling and checking online. Resorts restaurants are just as difficult to get.

KAT1811
08-05-2010, 10:02 AM
How about a walk up at Via Napoli?

diz_girl
08-05-2010, 01:22 PM
You didn't mention if you were on the dining plan, but you might want to try one of the restaurants at the Swan/Dolphin. I've heard that Il Mulino is a very good Italian restaurant and Shula's is a good steakhouse.

Mary Poppins fan
08-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Don't despair. Our trip was "last minute" for us (about 2 months out) and I had a hard time getting ADRs, especially at our "must do" restaurants. We're heading out late next week and ADRs are beginning to pop up for the restaurants we want. I'd make some ressies just to have and keep checking back on the ones you want! If you get lucky, you can always cancel the first round! Good luck.... :fingers: