PDA

View Full Version : this maybe a stupid question...

apequet
08-01-2010, 10:57 AM
...but what's the difference between Spectro and the Main Street Electrical Parade?

exvagirl
08-01-2010, 11:04 AM
There are no stupid questions! HAHA. I was also confused about the difference b/c I'm going back in November (92 days!!!)...Spectromagic is newer and was started in the 90s, while the Electrical Parade was started in the 70s. It is more retro and classic than Spectromagic, but the same basic ideas. Hope this helped! :mickey:

magicofdisney
08-01-2010, 12:20 PM
I have not seen the MSE but I believe the music and the floats are different.

DisneyLuver91
08-01-2010, 12:24 PM
They are VERY different, even though they are both "light" parades. I didn't know the difference either until I started doing some research about them. I personally prefer Spectro, but that's just because it was the first parade I saw.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Both are parades that use light technology for the floats etc. Spectro is a newer technology. You can go to youtube and play clips of both of them. I like the energy of MSELP better but both are great parades.

apequet
08-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Oh! Ok...so it's basically the same kind of parade (with lights), but different floats. We saw Spectro in 2007 and loved it! I hope to see MSEP in Dec 2010...I can't wait! Thanks everyone!

BigThunderFan
08-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Like someone said, MSEP is from the 70's so many of the floats are from older movies that many young children probably won't recognize. The music is great and it is very nostalgic for those who remember it from when they were little (me included!), but visually Spectro is probably the better parade.

big blue and hairy
08-02-2010, 02:21 PM
There are no stupid questions! HAHA.

I must disagree...there are plenty of stupid questions. That just wasn't one of them...:D

:sulley: