PDA

View Full Version : opinions on a couple of Disney books?

Briansmom
07-31-2010, 08:33 PM
Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me their opinion on the following two books...whether they are worth my while (and hard earned dollars!) to purchase.

"Project Future" by Chad Denver Emerson

"The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World: Over 600 Secrets of the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom " by Susan Veness

Thanks for your input! :mickey:

Basket Mommy
07-31-2010, 09:35 PM
My husband read Project Future in June and liked it. He never reads, so for something to hold his interest it has to be good. I don't know about the other one.

Try half.com for cheap books. You can find some good deals on used ones there.

Strmchsr
07-31-2010, 10:06 PM
Project Future is an okay behind the scenes book.

Hidden Magic is a lot of fun if you are a frequent WDW visitor and enjoy finding all the little details.

Briansmom
07-31-2010, 10:55 PM
Project Future is an okay behind the scenes book.

So are there other books that tell about how Walt developed and executed his grand plan? I did just read a review on it and maybe this isnt the 'warm, fuzzy' kind of book i'm looking for??

Briansmom
07-31-2010, 10:56 PM
Try half.com for cheap books. You can find some good deals on used ones there.

Thanks for the tip! I am always on the lookout for ways to save money! :mickey:

Strmchsr
08-01-2010, 08:22 AM
So are there other books that tell about how Walt developed and executed his grand plan? I did just read a review on it and maybe this isnt the 'warm, fuzzy' kind of book i'm looking for??

The Imagineering books are fantastic for telling how the parks were developed. They don't focus just on Walt, though. You might also try the biography Walt Disney:Triumph of the American Imagination.

brownie
08-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Project Future is okay. I think that Married to the Mouse: Walt Disney World and Orlando by Richard Foglesong is a better read.

The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World: Over 600 Secrets of the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom is a good book. I learned some things from it that I didn't know, and I have an extensive library on the Disney parks.