PDA

View Full Version : You know you're addicted to WDW when...

azcavalier
07-31-2010, 01:19 PM
Our family went camping last night with some other families from our church. There was of course, a campfire. We hung out, made S'mores, etc, etc. Typical camping stuff.

This morning, when I got up, I put my clothes on that I had worn yesterday. When I grabbed them to put them on, the first thought that popped in my head *wasn't* "Hey, these smell like smoke!" It was, "Hey, these smell like that part of Spaceship Earth where they're depicting Rome burning!"

How about the rest of you? Go!

PharmD
07-31-2010, 01:25 PM
When you can relate everything to something at WDW. For example: Someone at work was talking about a home theatre system and I told him about the one in the Home of the Future at Epcot. No matter what anyone talks about I can find a way to relate it to WDW. It's gotten to the point where everyone just expects it :D

BigThunderFan
07-31-2010, 01:29 PM
When you find everyday abbreviations at work or on the road and relate them to the abbreviations we use on Intercot! CM, CR, MK, HS, etc...:mickey:

retiredfigment
07-31-2010, 02:04 PM
There is building on the freeway we travel occasionally and evertime I see it, I remark on it being just like Wilderness Lodge.

mickeyman42
07-31-2010, 02:43 PM
we buy a certain sunblock for the kids that we first bought when we went to blizzard beach. When I spray it now I still say it "smells like blizzard beach" or "something smells like blizzard beach." Also whenever we see local fireworks (Canada Day, New Years, whatever) either myself of DW will say "wishes" like we're watching wishes and listening to the audio that they play. addicted, yeah just a little

PinkTink
07-31-2010, 03:33 PM
When you find "hidden Mickeys" everywhere you go. :mickey:

I too am often reminded by various things of the smell of Rome burning in SE.

Rekenna
07-31-2010, 04:43 PM
Uh, when you are supposed to be giving a business oriented speech for a communication training at work (and you work at a very large company that makes consumer products) and what you discuss is the "fantasmic awesomeness" that is the past, present and future of WDW. People just look at me and smile, but I know somewhere out in the audience is someone that has just assimilated to the Borg!:mickey:

gerald72
07-31-2010, 05:06 PM
Whenever I take the kids out to eat, I ask them when Winnie the Pooh comes around to sign autographs.
When the local pool was open late, I told the kids it was extra magic hours.
And at the local amusement park, I asked the tram driver if it was the right tram for epcot.

Goofeygal
07-31-2010, 05:22 PM
This is the best post. I am so glad I am not the only one who does these things. MY NAME IS CANDY AND I AM A DISNEYHOLIC!!!!! lol

akaDisneyDreamer
07-31-2010, 05:23 PM
For me it's the hidden Mickey's too! Also listening to Disney music in the car :blush: and you should see my puppy in her Minnie Mouse outfit! Way too cute! :cloud9:

11 more days and we'll BE THERE! Can't wait!

azcavalier
07-31-2010, 06:05 PM
This is the best post. I am so glad I am not the only one who does these things. MY NAME IS CANDY AND I AM A DISNEYHOLIC!!!!! lol

Hey, we'll also be there from Oct 2 -9th! If you see an entire family of five wearing all Virginia Tech (VT) apparel, with a bald Dad, that will be me! We could also be wearing our "I Survived Spaceship Earth", "I Survived the Hall of Presidents", or "I Survived It's A Small World" shirts.

Don't be afraid to say hello!

joonyer
07-31-2010, 06:28 PM
. . . When you find yourself checking the INTERCOT discussion boards everyday, even though you don't have an upcoming WDW vacation in the works. :blush::secret:

Jodi
07-31-2010, 06:33 PM
When you want to start packing for your trip 2 weeks ahead of time!! 13 days and counting!!

jillluvsdisney
07-31-2010, 06:38 PM
My daily time spent on INTERCOT

PharmD
07-31-2010, 07:15 PM
Hey, we'll also be there from Oct 2 -9th! If you see an entire family of five wearing all Virginia Tech (VT) apparel, with a bald Dad, that will be me! We could also be wearing our "I Survived Spaceship Earth", "I Survived the Hall of Presidents", or "I Survived It's A Small World" shirts.

Thats too funny. We also will be there Oct. 2-9. Maybe we'll run into you. I'll definately be looking for the VT apparel or I Survived shirts :thumbsup:

azcavalier
07-31-2010, 08:50 PM
Thats too funny. We also will be there Oct. 2-9. Maybe we'll run into you. I'll definately be looking for the VT apparel or I Survived shirts :thumbsup:

Hey, and we'll even be staying at POR, too! We'll be having a family reunion. 14 people. LOTS of little girls. My poor DS13 is the only boy in the group. Although we'll be wearing VT apparel, the other family are Univ. of Virginia people...so you may see a lot of U.Va gear as well. Maybe at the same time. Like a family feud. :)

Pop Centurion
07-31-2010, 09:14 PM
Hahaha, so do I. Actually there are many scents that have been reminding me of Disney lately. I was at a Phillies game the other day and while walking past one of the concessions it suddenly smelled like the Main Street bakery.

disneymom2000
07-31-2010, 10:18 PM
When you start planning your next trip to WDW on the Magical Express going to your resort for your current trip. HAHAHAHAHA :blush:

kemps@wdw
07-31-2010, 11:19 PM
OK...let's see...
sittin here posting on Intercot,after returning from my Disney bathroom, while listening to "Mouse House Radio" on live 365, occasionally glancing up to see my 4 parks hanging on the wall, next to my completely stuffed Disney memorabila cabinet, and counting down the days (61) til we head down to the World again.
Whew! I think that just about covers it! :D

Bellerella
08-01-2010, 12:04 AM
*When I see hidden Mickey's in everything
*When my whole family got matching Mickey tattoos
*When we say "what's for dinner" and we all say "I could really go for some Sommerfest..."
:mickey:

passholderryan
08-01-2010, 08:54 AM
My addiction has always been the planning of the trip....not the next one, or the one after that...but three trips from now. Already have the the rooms booked. Something must be wrong with me!!:mickey:

exvagirl
08-01-2010, 09:29 AM
. . . When you find yourself checking the INTERCOT discussion boards everyday, even though you don't have an upcoming WDW vacation in the works. :blush::secret:

same! hahahaha :)

crltkcagle
08-01-2010, 10:49 AM
My family is so obsessed with Disney they see hidden mickeys everywhere! My son even bought a fish and I swear it has a perfect hidden mickey on its tail. I tried getting a clear picture of it but haven't so far. My husband is completly obsessed and talks about Disney atleast ten times a day.

darthmacho
08-01-2010, 11:54 AM
When you strike up a conversation with someone you otherwise despise, because they happen to be going to WDW...
When the last 100+ YouTube searches begin with "wdw" and go from there...
When you actually watch the vacation videos of complete strangers on YouTube...
When you so obsessively ask your kids if they have questions about WDW that they actually say no...
When you're 2 weeks away from your first WDW vacation in 7 years, and you think about it every waking moment of the day, and someyimes while you are sleeping...

MickeysEars
08-01-2010, 02:48 PM
When you see the look in your husbands eyes that says, "OMG is she really talking about WDW AGAIN!!!!!" (BTW, he is a Disney lover too)

Gator
08-01-2010, 06:51 PM

I know that feeling. I wonder why I spend so much time here when I wonder if I'll ever get back.

:mickey:When...you have a yearly collection of WDW travel planning DVDs. :mickey:

jnfr2424
08-02-2010, 10:00 AM
When en route to my vacation in St. Croix I decided to take 2 days to go to WDW first!!!
( Hey the layover was 4 hours at MCO so I decided to make it a 48 hr layover! :mickey:)

momofaprincess
08-02-2010, 10:28 AM
First let me say that I LOVE this post. Makes me feel so much better!

When you see hidden Mickeys in everything.

When you can't sleep so you come up with things that have to do with Disney for each letter of the alphabet until you go to sleep.

When you can close your eyes and imagine you're walking down Main Street USA or that you're on your favorite ride.

When your daughter gets you started imagining you're on SE and you go through each scene and talk about what you see, smell, and hear...

IrishMickey
08-02-2010, 11:57 AM
When people call you and say "I am going to WDW,can you help me plan the trip?" and you say sure, and then email them a 4 page detailed description of what needs to be done before, during, and after. I have done this more than once and one friend actually laminated it and shares it with others. I thought wow, I have really lost it, and my FIL says "you need to work Disney" and I say nah, it might lose the "magic". Nothing makes me happy like the Mouse :mickey:

azcavalier
08-02-2010, 01:08 PM
I thought wow, I have really lost it, and my FIL says "you need to work Disney" and I say nah, it might lose the "magic". Nothing makes me happy like the Mouse :mickey:

My DW and I have talked about working for Disney in Orlando. She could get a job at the hospital in Celebration, we could buy a house there, etc, etc. But we don't want to live in that summer heat and humidity. Maybe when the kids grow up and move away we'll go down there. Maybe....

TikiLounger
08-02-2010, 02:02 PM
When you actually DO go on a vacation that isn't to Disney World and your whole family makes comments like, "It's okay, but it's no Disney World." (I'm talking about Atlantis). Also, similar to a previous poster, you seem to find buildings that remind you of The Wilderness Lodge...everywhere.

disneymomma2010
08-03-2010, 01:03 PM
when my next trip is still 3 months away (80 days) and i cant stand it and all i am motivated to do is check intercot and look at other disney sites to gather all the information that i can because all i can do is think about going to disney!:welcome::wave:

next trip october 2010 CBR!
2009 pop century
2007 off site
2003 ASM
1998 POFQ

Tygger7
08-03-2010, 01:27 PM
You know you're addicted to WDW when...

-You are stressing because you DON'T have a trip booked
- When you finally do book a trip, you start packing right after you make your ADR's
- You are looking at houses and want to buy one in particular because it reminds you of the Wilderness Lodge
- You listen to the WDW cd's in the car almost exclusively (4 Parks/1 World, Illuminations, etc.)
- You find it hard to sleep without some sort of Disney parks show playing on DVD
- You are truly horrified at the thought of going somewhere else on vacation (is there anywhere else???)
- You are trying desperately to figure out a way to stow away in your parents SUV when they head to WDW for their 59th wedding anniversary
-.....yes, I am truly an addict....

PinKy
08-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Hmmm........ let's see.

1. I read the WDW tour guides ('Unofficial Guide, Birnbaum's etc) for fun in between trips - even though we go every year.

2. Checking Disney blogs/sites every day during lunch

3. Listening to our Disney Parks cd in the car

4. Constantly planning that next trip!

(I'm going to NY in a couple of weeks and I don't even want to go! I'd MUCH rather spend the time at Disney!!)

EeyoresBestFriend
08-03-2010, 02:19 PM
I get really excited about being in the airport until I remember not all flights end at WDW. :(

I actually get depressed and sit on the plane pouting!

Last weekend getaway trip we had, both DH and I realized how spoiled we have become with the WDW life. Couldn't find a decent place to eat lunch or dinner (NEVER happens at WDW), the hotel was boring and basic (DEFINITELY not our home-away-from-home FQ) and couldn't find any fun places to investigate(again, NEVER happens in WDW).

Piffle . . . . . We're addicts . . . . :D

BigThunderFan
08-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Every day when I pass the airport I look longingly at the planes taking off and wonder how many people on board are on their way to WDW... :(

plutosnana
08-03-2010, 06:05 PM
The music i listen to Live 365 like all the time! And i think the planning also hits me i get addicted to writing what to pack

:goofy:

micky95
08-04-2010, 07:51 AM
looking for hidden mickeys.in my wifes jeep beside the speedometer are indicator lights that are a hidden mickey.holding my spotted dog trying to find the hidden mickeys.having my customers ask me about disney for their trips.having a mickey head ear ring & having 2 ft tall mickey decals on my company truck !!! still counting down to dec 2010 !!!

Fort Willow
08-07-2010, 09:37 PM
When you pick up a penny off the ground and put it into a piggy bank to save up for the next trip:mickey:

ANG
08-09-2010, 08:48 AM
You book your resort/start planning a year in advance.

It's all you'll talk about.

PopPhan
08-09-2010, 09:01 AM
When you have a folder of "Favorites"/"Bookmarks" in your browser that you named "DISNEY" and 1) it is the largest collection of sites you visit and 2) you feel uncomfortable if you have not visited them all at least once daily! (INTERCOT has its own tab up constantly!)

darthmacho
08-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Every day when I pass the airport I look longingly at the planes taking off and wonder how many people on board are on their way to WDW... :(

Haha! I always tell my kids that the planes in the air are going to WDW! :mickey:

Mickey91
08-09-2010, 01:42 PM
1. You look at the southbound interstate and wish you were going further.

2. Listen to the park cds all the time to get a little magic

3. Spend half the day on Intercot talking about it!:mickey:

Figment78
08-10-2010, 12:34 PM
When you hear Phil Collins and you immediately think your in the old Honey I shrunk the Audience pre-show....

When you hear Hawaiian music and you think you've arrived at the Poly...

When your 2 year old son makes Hidden Mickey's with his peas....

When your 2 year old son wants to watch You Tube videos of WDW rides....

When you find out that its going to snow so bad that they will cancel school and the roads will be too bad for work - you immediately check the next flight to Orlando....

When you go to the zoo and you say.... It's nice, but where's the music/rides/clever architectural details???

When you pass the airport satellite parking (on the way to work) and your car starts to turn in automatically!

When you ask your family where they want to do this weekend and they all say "go to disney world!"

When you are trying to explain why your son can't go see Santa yet (it was May) because he is on vacation and your 2 year old says "in Epcot!"

Ms. Mode
08-11-2010, 11:18 AM
When your DH is bleeding from a cut and you start singing, "There was blood on the saddle" :thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-11-2010, 11:22 AM

I couldn't have said it better:D

Renfairwedding
08-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Two things. With the first post or so about "the burning of Rome" Every time we smell that burning smell any were we both say... "Burning of Rome" to each other...

The main sign I am addicted is I designed a cup holder out of plumbing parts just for our days in the Disney parks. I have a power chair and to date found nothing but side cup holders. They don't work in tight places like roped off lines to the rides, monirails and such. Now I ride in style.... with my cup right there in front of me!

PS.Any one need of such a Item IM and I will tell you how. NO Charge. :mickey:

OCDisney
08-11-2010, 07:59 PM
For me even now whenever I see something that resembles a michey mouse I say "hey look a hidden mickey"! It never gets old.:mickey:

indytraveler
08-11-2010, 09:07 PM
I use fast pass, and extra magic hours to depict being first in line or staying up late. Those that I say it to also can relate. Only a few odd looks but who cares.

IloveDisney71
08-11-2010, 09:18 PM
My co-worker and I (both of us visit WDW on a regular basis and often travel there together with our families) had to watch a sexual harrassment video with our staff. About half way through I leaned over to her and said, "doesn't this video remind you of the video intro to Soarin?" I don't know what it was, the music or the lighting or what but it just reminded us of the "feel" of the Soarin video. She laughed and said, "Yep, but we sure aren't at Disney World!" :laughing:

AgentP
08-12-2010, 09:38 AM
I make Mickey pancakes for my kids at least once a week.

Planning imaginary vacations to Disney is my hobby.

brownie
08-13-2010, 06:13 PM
...you record the Disney park shows on the Travel Channel and watch them over and over.

PopPhan
08-13-2010, 07:05 PM
...you record the Disney park shows on the Travel Channel and watch them over and over.

Almost broke down and purchased these as a boxed set at Sam's Club last weekend!!! :D

Pop Centurion
08-13-2010, 10:08 PM
When you refer to a local business that's being remodeled as being "refurbed"

fanowalt
08-18-2010, 09:57 AM
When I find myself checking these boards 15 mo. before our next trip while on break at work.

klb
08-21-2010, 04:07 PM
This thread made me smile. Thanks! For us, the signs are:

1. We find hidden Mickeys everywhere
2. When on vacation we refer to places as having "the Magic" or not. Either way, it usually leads to planning a trip to WDW.:mickey:
3. When it's pretty weather, we always say it's an EPCOT kind of day.
4. Our annual family pictures for the last ten years have included Mickey

BTW...I passed a restaurant on my run after reading this thread. The smokey smell totally made me think of Rome burning. I'm not sure my running partners understood why I found it so funny.

Dewdrop034
08-21-2010, 07:41 PM
I work at a computer all day so I usually have my iPod on and what I'm usually listening to is Subsonics Disney Theme Park background music and sounds...the soundtrack to Soarin', the star tunnel at Space Mountain, ect. on my break on on the Intercot boards. It makes my job just a little more tolerable.

LoriMistress
08-21-2010, 08:52 PM
DH and I talk about WDW constantly. I have Disney Christmas oraments that I hang on our Christmas tree. I have a few pictures of WDW that's placed in our living rooms. We use our resort mugs to have hot chocolate. I'm such a Disney freak.

azcavalier
08-21-2010, 10:48 PM
DH and I talk about WDW constantly. I have Disney Christmas oraments that I hang on our Christmas tree. I have a few pictures of WDW that's placed in our living rooms. We use our resort mugs to have hot chocolate. I'm such a Disney freak.

I know the feeling. My DW and I alre also always talking about WDW.

We've been married for 15 years. We started collecting Disney Ornaments from that first month we were married, and we've never stopped. Our Christmas Tree is entirely covered in Disney. It's quite a sight.

I know that really doesn't mean i'm addicted to WDW, so it doesn't belong in this thread...but hey, I started the thread.

Fastpasssteve
08-21-2010, 11:00 PM
I find myself rating restaurants I visit out in real life not only on food quality and service, but also theming! "Sure, the grilled meats were great, but where are the Tiki Gods? 4.2 rating."

DisneyFr33k
08-22-2010, 04:38 PM
I'm on Intercot daily.
I measure time in the the number of months/weeks/days until our next trip to WDW
I play Disney Tunes off the internet while I am at work.
I make micky pancakes and mickey mac n cheese every Friday.
We plan the Magic Kingdom board game or Disney Uno every weekend with the kids.

azcavalier
08-22-2010, 06:59 PM
I'm on Intercot daily.
I measure time in the the number of months/weeks/days until our next trip to WDW
I play Disney Tunes off the internet while I am at work.
I make micky pancakes and mickey mac n cheese every Friday.
We plan the Magic Kingdom board game or Disney Uno every weekend with the kids.

There's a Disney Uno? Where can we get our hands on this?

We like to put in the Disney Scene-It disks (we have two versions), and just play the videos (without actually playing the board game). It's also a great way to pass the time on a long car trip!

Ropachs
08-22-2010, 08:20 PM
When you walk in a restaurant bathroom and it smells like a Disney bathroom. (Um, that's a good thing.)

When you find yourself teaching your kids important things, like which resorts are on the monorail loop, rather than things like, oh, math.

When you think every Southwest plane you see must be going to WDW. And when your kids say "are they going to WDW?" every time they see a plane.

When you first walk outside in the morning and some days, it feels like a "Florida morning."

When someone mentions an upcoming trip and you hope hope hope they ask you for advice...and you hope they won't think you're crazy for offering to email them your custom-made planning spreadsheets.

And finally, when you wonder if you could actually start a business making Disney itineraries for the non-addicts out there.

Dsnygirl
08-22-2010, 08:35 PM
Wow -- what a great post! I relate to just about every comment on here.

For me, the most common signs of my addiction are:

1. Constantly counting down the days 'til our next trip. :blush:

2. Having certain perfumes that "smell like Disney" -- and my family agrees...

3. Finding hidden Mickeys everywhere!

4. Hearing music being played at a certain spot in our zoo, and having it suddenly sound and feel just like AK...

5. ...and also at our zoo, seeing the Russian language at the Amur tiger exhibit, and once again, thinking of AK and the Maharajah Jungle Trek.... every time... ;)

6. Always watching for specials, even when we don't have a trip planned (yet...)

7. Always having something on that is Disney related, however small and/or unnoticeable... but usually more than one thing, I guess, as I always have on my Mickey ring and toe ring... :secret:

Ah well, at least I'm in good company!!! :D

Dsnygirl
08-22-2010, 08:39 PM
When you first walk outside in the morning and some days, it feels like a "Florida morning."

And finally, when you wonder if you could actually start a business making Disney itineraries for the non-addicts out there.
Oh my gosh!! I thought I must be the only person to walk outside and think that... but it is sooooo true some mornings!! I wonder what those same mornings felt like to me before I ever went to Disney.... ;)

And seriously, ditto on the other point -- I so wish I could do what I love to help other people plan their trips. It is so fulfilling, esp. when they come back and are just glowing about their trip and everything they loved about it, and you had a small part in helping to create that magic... :cloud9:

xo0ally
08-23-2010, 02:06 PM
you learn your going on another trip and for the next 312 days all you do is eat sleep and think Disney

Jennifer_and_Chris
08-23-2010, 03:00 PM

When someone mentions an upcoming trip and you hope hope hope they ask you for advice...and you hope they won't think you're crazy for offering to email them your custom-made planning spreadsheets.

Yes, yes and more yes....

My addition.....

When you dream about your next Disney trip, or more like have nightmares about missing your day 1 to make ADR's or DVC ressies. I have a reoccurring nightmare of dialing the wrong number over, and over, and over, and over.... I just can't seem to get the correct sequence into the phone of 407-wdw-dine - it's always wrong.

waymickey
08-24-2010, 11:13 AM
when you are redecorating your DD room and put in a few hidden Mickeys!! we did this and it is so fun when someone else says hey did you know there is a mickey over there?? haha love it! :mickey:

elmjimmlm
08-24-2010, 02:00 PM
when you are redecorating your DD room and put in a few hidden Mickeys!! we did this and it is so fun when someone else says hey did you know there is a mickey over there?? haha love it! :mickey:

I did the same thing...When I was painting her room I tried to draw a Mickey face like the cast members do with the mop and water...I couldn't do it but it took my mind off of what I was doing for a little while...:blush:

tiggerbuddy
09-16-2010, 08:55 PM
You tell people to "Stand clear of the doors" Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas !!:mickey:

Jim&AngieMarriner
09-17-2010, 11:00 AM
So many of these fit us as well. Hidden Mickeys, Live 365 Disney radio, Ect

One of my sure signs of addiction is that I will go to one of the web based satalite map sites and zoom in on the MK. Then I take my mouse and I have a mini imaginary vist. I stop by all the attractions in my head while looking at the image. Yes i know i need professional help.... but its so much fun!!

brivers222
09-17-2010, 11:15 AM
1. Constantly counting down the days 'til our next trip. :blush:

Whatever are you talking about?:confused:

T-minus 22 days!!!! :mickey:

azcavalier
09-17-2010, 12:42 PM
whatever are you talking about?:confused:

T-minus 22 days!!!! :mickey:

14!

SandmanGStefani24
09-17-2010, 01:03 PM
Yes i know i need professional help.... but its so much fun!!

if so, then I'd be right there with ya!:medic:

And I have a sneaking suspicion several others around these parts might as well! :D

brivers222
09-17-2010, 01:03 PM
14!

aww you're the week before us.... sooooo jealous lol

Nate's Grandpa
09-17-2010, 01:41 PM
I have several Disney Resort paper napkins in my desk at work. They have been there for 3 years. I should use them, but just cannot force myself to do so.

TheVBs
09-17-2010, 01:45 PM
We're members of the Hidden Mickeys Everywhere Club too. :blush:

And, yes, when someone I know is going on a trip to WDW, I send a lengthy email with suggestions. :mickey:

LOVE the idea of painting Hidden Mickeys in the kids room. We're going to have to do that. :cool:

Goes4FastPass
09-17-2010, 03:12 PM
When you find yourself participating in a discussion like this it's time to start referring to the addicts as 'we" not "they".

TheVBs
09-18-2010, 08:36 AM
How about when I'm considering buying the guide books over a year in advance instead of just putting them on my xmas list? :blush:

plutosnana
09-18-2010, 04:03 PM
When you walk in a restaurant bathroom and it smells like a Disney bathroom. (Um, that's a good thing.)
Sometimes, that rarely happens! :blush:
But I do agree the WDW bathrooms are fresh and way better than the gas station/public bathrooms/Restaurant bathrooms!

Anyways I know when I'm addicted to WDW when I....
Go on Intercot all the time!
listen to Live 365's WDW stations!
and look at Intercot's countdown to Florida!
I use it all the time!
♥ it!!!

jazzy
09-19-2010, 02:18 PM
I am an addict becuase:
I have 4 Parks,1 World and the Candle Light Pressional on my ipod that i listen to everyday on my way to work.

I am planning my next WDW trip while im in WDW

I go to the Disney store on 5th ave and purchase a disney movie using my disney visa racking up disney reward dollars for my next disney trip and cannot wait until the big disney store opens in Time Square

Have seen Lion King and drag my DH to see Beauty and the Beast on broadway

I always plan our trips using the Birnbaums unofficial guide and only me becuase no one does it better.

And the best thing that makes me an addict is every trip we video tape turn those into dvds and give them as gifts to our families for christmas.

Jimminy
09-19-2010, 04:26 PM
You know you're adddicted to WDW when you have to start a blog to share what you know about Walt Disney World, because your family has heard it all before (many Times)

johnO
09-19-2010, 05:22 PM
We go to Intercot and other WDW related sites everyday. We too have a "Disney" folder in our favorites bookmark list.

Listen to Live365 too.

We have DCL license plate on the front of our Mini Van as well as a Mickey Head antenna ball. We call our van our "Disney Bus."

We have several gigabits of DIsney music, park audio on our home pc.

An AK painting in our living room as well as a DCL themed and a WDW themed throw blankets. We also have a picture in the hallway with Disney Pins framed in it.

Have a Disney Rewards Visa.

Wear WDW clothes.

Save WDW paraphernalia such as menus, park brochures, maps, napkins and other items collected during our WDW trips...

....My gosh we're sick.:ill:

spoiledraf
09-20-2010, 05:29 AM
Choose to ignore heart attack symptoms and blame a lack of sleep and traveling anxiety for your miserable appearance until it's actually time to get in the car to leave. Didn't want to ruin anyone's vacation. Fortunately I survided and here we are at the BC! :D

bdm@pga
09-20-2010, 09:05 AM
When you put hidden mickeys in your children's names!

whitney37354
09-20-2010, 12:49 PM
When you put hidden mickeys in your children's names!

Do tell.

Disney4us2
09-21-2010, 01:10 PM
For us it is hidden Mickeys and there is one road we travel. There is a clump of trees that look like Stiche's head:stitch2:

andywicks
09-21-2010, 01:54 PM
When you think you've been round the world, but you've only ever been around EPCOT!
When you see Hidden Mickeys everywhere!
When you live in the UK but have 3 trips booked in the next 12 months (yeah!)
When you don't go to Florida, you go "to Disney"!
When you understand all of the acronyms on Intercot boards!
When your wife has a spreadsheet of WDW restaurant bookings!
When you have all the iphone apps for WDW!
When you never visit Universal Studios!
When you wear your name badges and get mistaken for cast members and help people with directions and information anyway!
When you arrive at Magic Kingdom at 07:30 on day 1 to get your new annual passes!
When you join DVC!
When you love that "Welcome Home!"
When you buy the same wine at home because they serve it in Disney! (Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc!)
When you have enough WDW Christmas decorations to do 4 trees and the whole house and garden!
When you wish you could work at WDW!
When you look up the Streetmosphere characters on the internet!
When you quote Disney rides and shows all of the time leaving friends bemused!
When you already own all the best WDW T-shirts!
When you friends think you are nuts!
When you don't care what your friends think!
When you have WDW replica attraction posters around your house!
When you have Micky I4 signs round your house and garden!
When you have a room dedicated to Disney
When you have WDW Mickey handles on your bathroom cupboards!
When you are proud to wear the EARS!
When you could go on all day at this........:mickey:
:number1::thumbsup:

BandMan
09-22-2010, 09:55 AM
andywicks - you rock. :funny: :thumbsup:

But seriously, you should see someone about that addiction. No, really... :doh: :medic:

Giggy
09-22-2010, 10:24 AM
2. When you see Hidden Mickeys everywhere!

I seem to do this now, we were all looking out for hidden mickeys around the parks. My sister seemed to find the most but it got to the point where I was checking most things i saw for the Mickey shape.

Got home now and my brain still looks for them subconsiously. Then I get excited when I think I see one... then remember it's probably not deliberate. :blush:

azcavalier
09-22-2010, 11:13 AM
I seem to do this now, we were all looking out for hidden mickeys around the parks. My sister seemed to find the most but it got to the point where I was checking most things i saw for the Mickey shape.

Got home now and my brain still looks for them subconsiously. Then I get excited when I think I see one... then remember it's probably not deliberate. :blush:

Hidden Mickeys don't have to be deliberate! Or, you could just go on believing that a higher power is also a Disney fan, and they ARE deliberate....

beksy
09-22-2010, 06:28 PM
When you start asking guys you are dating how they feel about Disney by the third date!

When I can do almost an entire sentence with Disney abbreviations!

I saw SE in the car and thought of the ride, not the direction I was going!

We looked up and saw an airplane and all said "I wonder if that's headed to Disney?"
I guess I have officially converted Mom!

CU Tiger
09-23-2010, 11:29 AM
..when someoen tells you they are going to WDW and you spend the next 2 hours explaining to them what to do, what to look for, how to best navigate, etc..

brivers222
09-23-2010, 01:19 PM
when you find out the week you picked over a year ago is going to be all hurricanes and rain... then you sit back and say, "sweet! the crowds will be even lower!"

KODABEAR
09-23-2010, 03:21 PM
When your retirement plans are to go to WDW:party2: every four month's, you do!:vacation: And DH is right by your side:old::knit:

AdventurerKim
09-26-2010, 05:53 PM
When something Disney is present in every aspect of your life and you can link nearly anything to a Disney reference (including scents), you're constantly planning vacations to WDW years in advance, counting down to the next trip, listen to Mouseworld radio everyday since you can't be in the parks for a while, and surround yourself at work with as many Disney reminders as possible. I'm not ashamed to admit my obsession! :thumbsup:

minnie-mouse
09-26-2010, 08:18 PM
When I took my daughter there for the first time and saw how truly magical it was through her eyes.

celebrationasheley
09-26-2010, 08:44 PM

I will be there this thursday through the 11th!
I have one shirt with a glass of wine and a cupcake, one shirt with bibidee (for the halloween party on the 7th) or my members are magical shirt!. I may have to steal your shirt ideas, soooo cool!

bdm@pga
09-27-2010, 11:47 AM
Hidden mickeys in my children's names: My son and daughters middle names are MICKEYL and MICKEYLA

johnO
09-27-2010, 10:42 PM
When you start asking guys you are dating how they feel about Disney by the third date!

Thats funny! He's not Mr. Right if he doesn't love Disney huh? lol

Hidden mickeys in my children's names: My son and daughters middle names are MICKEYL and MICKEYLA

Wow! you certinly went all out.

brivers222
10-19-2010, 01:14 PM
When you return home from a 10day disney trip after driving for 19hours straight and being up for 38hours straight... and the first thing you do is contact Magical journeys to get your 2011 Honeymoon booked!!!! :thumbsup:

DisneyDudet
10-21-2010, 11:33 AM

Impossible! No man will love Disney like you and me! I'm 26 and cannot find one!

You know you're addicted...

When you have two Disney tattoos... Cinderella Castle and "Faith, Trust, Pixie Dust"

When you don't even own a house, but you own at Bay Lake Tower.

When you have DAYS worth of Disney music on your iPod.

When you have FOUR wdw trips and a DCL cruise booked.... And all are before June!

brivers222
10-21-2010, 11:49 AM
Impossible! No man will love Disney like you and me! I'm 26 and cannot find one!

lol my fiancee would disagree with that... she calls me the disney nut...

PETE FROM NYC
10-21-2010, 04:14 PM
I am on Intercot almost every day, then on a few other Disney sites.
My car always has at least 4 out of 6 CDs that are Disney.
Heck I even have practically every Christmas Day TV Parade on VHS or DVD since the early 1980s.

finaldynasty
01-27-2011, 07:30 PM
I am on Intercot almost every day, then on a few other Disney sites.
My car always has at least 4 out of 6 CDs that are Disney.

I agree with you, but I also have the almost all my movies and tv shows on itunes that are from Disney Channel or are a Disney movie.

Or promising your mother, wife and mother in law you will take a year off from going to WDW and booking a X-mas trip at a Deluxe because you received a pin code!

MarkC
01-27-2011, 09:13 PM
You have vacations planned through 2013 and they are..........

September 2011-- Disneyworld
April 2012-- Disney cruise
September 2012-- Disneyland
February 2013-- Disney cruise

mook3y
01-27-2011, 10:22 PM
When you have been in a disney park over 1,000 days of your life :party:

Mostly due to 13 years of annual passes and working a season at Disneyland :thumbsup:

UCJen
01-29-2011, 11:51 AM
I work at a computer all day so I usually have my iPod on and what I'm usually listening to is Subsonics Disney Theme Park background music and sounds...the soundtrack to Soarin', the star tunnel at Space Mountain, ect. on my break on on the Intercot boards. It makes my job just a little more tolerable.

Same here. I have the Innoventions Music Loop on my iPod, my laptop and my netbook, so I am never without my very favorite music.

I listen to it on the train and close my eyes and visualize that I am at Epcot and not on a commuter train on a sub-freezing, winter day.

I listen to it while I am studying and writing papers.

I listen to it at my internship, so I don't have to hear the woman with the most annoying and loudest voice ever in the next cube.

My life is all about planning the next trip.

When I should be studying and writing papers, I am on sites such as Intercot, or I'm looking at menus, resorts, whatever.

It's extreme escapism. It's a bit worrisome.

Just-Keep-Swimming
01-30-2011, 03:01 PM
when your willing to do your chores, so your mom has more time to work on her resume for a job in Orlando...:blush:

when you facebook photo is your favorite Disney character (but it changes constantly because you cant decide which IS your favorite)

when people ask you if your okay because your staring dreamily off into space, dreaming of your next WDW vaca!

when you have Disney music on your ipod... a LOT of music...:drummer:

when you dream of college, but mostly for the College Program @ Disney!!:cloud9:

when you get hungry and could go for your favorite Disney restaurant or snack:bar:

when the start of rockin roller coaster is your visual motivation for jumping off the starting block at a swim meet...:swim::coaster:

when you constantly try to convince non-disney-lovers that WDW is the greatest place on earth! and they just assume your crazy:blah:

when you know Intercot is a great place to come and share your love of the happiest place on earth!:mickey:

johnO
01-30-2011, 04:29 PM
Just booked another WDW trip for this fall....more evidence for the OPs question....

antngoof89
01-31-2011, 10:50 PM
I know I'm addicted because I spend so much time reading Intercot and checking Youtube for any updates on the Fantasyland Expansion. I keep checking up on this so I can imagine how excited I'll be to see all these new rides and buildings on my visit in 2 or 3 years!

ransam
02-01-2011, 01:01 PM
Some of these have been mentioned.
but

i often find myself comparing other people stories to something that happened to me at Disneyworld.

I say way too much "this one time at Disneyworld"

when i am sick for a few days from work, and everyone just assumed i had gone to Disneyworld for a vacation.

when i get up in the middle of the night cause i can't sleep and just go on yahoo search and look at pictures of Disney.

i price vacations on Disney website when i know there's no way i can afford it or have vacation time.

when i start to think maybe this year i'll go on a cruise, go on a differnt vacation, and say "naw, i'll go to disney this year".

lighteningqueen
02-01-2011, 07:17 PM
When the Clorox 2 commercial comes on and you think you are on the great movie ride during the alien scene.. The announcer sounds the exact same.

Ksmith75
02-02-2011, 02:09 PM
You go on Intercot many times a day.

You know exactly what you are eating everyday and what snacks you will eat. (Dole Whip in T minus 24 days!).

You know your way around WDW and the surrounding areas better than the city you live near.

No matter what kind of day you have when you start talking about WDW, you become happier!

Every night after dinner, DH and I go over our plans for our upcoming trip (3 weeks away) - and look over menus, crowd predictions, last years weather, you name it.

You cant bear to go anywhere else for your yearly vacation! :mickey:

McLiberal8
02-02-2011, 03:46 PM
..when your roller derby name is 'Welt Disney' and your number is '407'. Woohoo! GO Omaha Rollergirls! :number1:

Mogie
02-02-2011, 05:15 PM
When you print out little pieces of paper with the Mickey Ears silhouette and you hide "Hidden Mickeys" in your GF's apartment.

...and when she finds them and leaves them there to find again another time.

Cinderelley
02-03-2011, 06:45 AM
1. When your daughter's boyfriend texts you pictures of hidden mickeys on the back of street lights while he is on vacation to visit his brother in North Carolina.

2. I just started playing world of warcraft, and my friends have been showing me around. When we got on the "tram", I said "It's like the monorail!" and all of them laughed, because I have taken each of them on a Disney trip at one time or another.

3. When people bring their children into our ER (geriatrics), and I get sent in to calm the child down because I have all the Disney "stuff". This usually happens because the kids see my Tinkerbell jacket that I am wearing, which I bought at WDW.

4. My favorite doctor is my favorite doctor because he was taking his kids to Disneyland when I first started here in the ER. :number1: (It doesn't hurt that he is one of our best doctors either. )

BandMan
02-03-2011, 01:13 PM
...when your roller derby name is 'Welt Disney'...

Okay, that is just awsome.

GottaLvDisney
02-03-2011, 04:06 PM
When you see the look in your husbands eyes that says, "OMG is she really talking about WDW AGAIN!!!!!" (BTW, he is a Disney lover too)

lol - This is so me!

Mousemates
02-03-2011, 05:31 PM
You total up all the cash you have spent there over the years....realize what else you could have bought/done with it...and still think it was all money well spent.

pixiesmimi
02-03-2011, 09:37 PM
When you always manage to get WDW into the conversation some how and your grown kids roll their eyes at you.

When you shop for your grandchildren, the only things you buy are Disney clothes and accessories.

When someone says they are taking a WDW trip, you get jealous and then give them a ten page breakdown of all the good places to eat, stay, ride, Intercot info, etc. and they are overwhelmed.

When you feel guilty if you haven't been on Intercot in a while even though you don't have a trip planned.

When planning a different vacation you just wish it was to WDW instead.

When your DH points out a Hidden Mickey somewhere and he isn't half the addict you are.

When all your ring tones on your phone are Disney tunes.

When you say you are going to WDW on vacation and your friends say "Again? Do you ever go anywhere else?"

azcavalier
02-05-2011, 11:35 AM
..when your roller derby name is 'Welt Disney' and your number is '407'. Woohoo! GO Omaha Rollergirls! :number1:

As the OP for this thread, I reserve the right to declare this post as the winner. I think that's awesome.

But keep adding to the thread, please! All these entries make me and my DW laugh!

dumbo ears
02-05-2011, 09:07 PM
i knew i was addicted when i went to six flags in atl and told my friends first thing we had to do was get fastpasses without thinking where i was lol

Tigerinvestigator
02-05-2011, 11:49 PM
Man I can identify with most of the posts on this topic!

Some of mine:
I know I am addicted to WDW because everytime I pass the peppers in the grocery store I automatically think about the Poly and the bridge to Adventureland (SAME SMELL).

I get excited when I smell something that has soured because it smells just like the pads on Splash mountain's logs! (I know thats sick)

Every time I pull into our driveway I tell my kids if they have $3000 bucks I will turn this car around and drive south to WDW! (So far they haven't)

Every time we stay at a hotel I run to the window throw back the curtain and say "Look kids I can see Epcot". DD6 never finds this funny!

And lastly, because my kids all know a little spanish. At least enough to say "Please stand clear of the doors"......Por Pavor....! LOL

Ilovemesomedisneymom
02-06-2011, 07:19 PM
When you are a 48 divorced mom of two grown sons and you decorated your bedroom in Disney:mickey:

BandMan
02-07-2011, 01:31 PM
I get excited when I smell something that has soured because it smells just like the pads on Splash mountain's logs!

Now THAT is one serious (and somewhat disturbing) addiction. :crazy:

Stay where you are ... we're sending help :ambal: :medic:

PopeCharming
02-08-2011, 01:22 PM
-When you have the entire script to Spaceship Earth (the Irons version) committed to memory.

-When you push a door open in a crowded public area and shout, "Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantenganse allejado de las puertas."

squijee
03-07-2011, 05:11 PM
When you get to sleep at nite by "taking a tour" thru MK...You go out with a guy because his named Micky ( just kidding dh)....your nickname is Pooh:pooh::mjump:

Mousemates
03-07-2011, 06:08 PM
You know your addicted when.....you find yourself genuinely wishing that WDW vacation expenses could be included in your itemized deductions because of the massive tax savings you would receive.

conan617
03-07-2011, 10:09 PM
How about when you are fast forwarding through commercials, but stop and rewind when the WDW commercial comes on.

MarkC
03-07-2011, 11:23 PM
When you lay 3 hamburgers on the grill with the top two righ above the 3rd, and you see a Hidden Mickey. Wow, am I sick!!

ryca1dreams
03-08-2011, 04:37 PM
When I tell my wife to "strike your colors you brazen wench...no need to expose your superstructure." (I usually get a mean look for this one)

Ramblingman
03-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Truly enjoyed reading all of these.

Of course, while reading through them, I had to stop and go sign up for this year's vacation DVD. Thanks for that tip.

I actually do so many of these, including the rewinding through WDW commercials. It's part of our getting excited for the trip in May.

wdwfamilyof4
03-09-2011, 10:21 AM
When I tell my wife to "strike your colors you brazen wench...no need to expose your superstructure." (I usually get a mean look for this one)

Ifeel silly! :blush: What is this from? Idon't recognize it at all.

PopPhan
03-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Ifeel silly! :blush: What is this from? Idon't recognize it at all.

It's from POTC -- the "Wench Auction" scene!!! ('We wants the red head!!!')

DisneyMom12
03-10-2011, 05:48 PM
I keep calling the EZ Pass :car:, a Fast Pass. I am guilty of a lot of what is posted, and proud of it.:donald:

KatieDuck22
03-11-2011, 05:00 PM
when you go to bed in ur mickey pajamas wearing mickey underwear holding a stuffed mickey dreaming of mainstreet:)

thatkindofday
03-13-2011, 12:05 AM
I'm guilty of a lot of these, but one I just realized today:

You know you're addicted to WDW when you have a trip planned for Dec, decide that's too far away, so you book one for Oct, then a couple of weeks later, decide you want to go sooner, so you book one for Sept, then a month later some one at work tells you they are going in May and you decide they just can't go before you go again, so you book a trip in April. So now we are going in April, September, October, December, and next February.

I'm also bad about trying to convince non Disney addicts that Disney is total awesome-ness. My daughter's middle name is Belle. I own all Disney t-shirts, I'm about to go get my first tattoo (a mickey head, of course). Most of my jewelry is Mickey, along with my purses and pens. I only use the shampoo from the resorts. (Like I tell my husband, it makes me not miss WDW as much). We have a Disney room that has all our Disney memorabilia. Also, like a previous poster said, before I owned a car or a house, I was a DVC owner!! Yes, I am a Disney addict and I don't care!

MickeyFan1998
03-13-2011, 12:21 PM
When you scan every episode of 'Unwrapped', hoping to catch the one that goes behind the scenes at Disney! :tv:

IloveDisney71
03-18-2011, 09:14 PM
when everyone you know tells me I'm a Disney addict
When FB friends message me all the time requesting WDW travel tips
co-workers ask me for WDW travel tips
my students get me Disney related gifts
I get really excited when I check the mail and my Celebrations magazine has arrived!

azcavalier
03-20-2011, 10:04 PM
I'm the OP, but my DW (who doesn't have a login) wanted to add:

When you are passing the time at work by pricing out real estate at Celebration (Florida) just so you could actually live at WDW.

OOC, what is the Celebrations magazine that the previous poster gets? We get DisneyFiles as DVC owners, but don't know about that one.

TikiLounger
03-21-2011, 11:48 AM
Even when you're going through a divorce, you're thinking of the next time you can visit Disney with your kids!

GreatMarch
03-21-2011, 05:32 PM
Hey guys, this is my first post on a site that I have followed for a very long time. This thread caught my attention because of my addiction. When I am in the office, I play the Intercot discussions, the WDW resort tv music, stacey's top 7, etc... as background noise. Sometimes coworkers will come in thinking I am on conference calls or webinars and suddenly hush themselves only to pick up what I have playing. All my coworkers ask me about details and hints on their upcoming Disney vacations and each time I am on vacation, everyone in the office knows where I am at.

EJS-Houston
03-22-2011, 05:47 PM

Hiiiii, Candy!

Cinderelley
03-23-2011, 12:22 AM
Even when you're going through a divorce, you're thinking of the next time you can visit Disney with your kids!

Been there. Done that. Boy does daydreaming help with the stress. :D

Cinderelley
03-23-2011, 12:23 AM
Hey guys, this is my first post on a site that I have followed for a very long time. This thread caught my attention because of my addiction. When I am in the office, I play the Intercot discussions, the WDW resort tv music, stacey's top 7, etc... as background noise. Sometimes coworkers will come in thinking I am on conference calls or webinars and suddenly hush themselves only to pick up what I have playing. All my coworkers ask me about details and hints on their upcoming Disney vacations and each time I am on vacation, everyone in the office knows where I am at.

:welcome:

Fastpasssteve
03-23-2011, 01:24 AM
I would like to admit that I have made a full-color day-by-day Excel spreadsheet outlining meals, which restaurant, time of reservation, reservation number, which park we're starting out in, which firework spectacle we're attending, and where after-hours entertainment will take place...and in the spaces I place tiny Mickey icons.

I feel better now.

MrPeetrie
03-23-2011, 03:10 AM
it's 2:31 a.m. and you can't sleep and you find yourself on InterCOT reading others' posts about Walt Disney World to help satiate your Disney addiction!!!

:secret: :secret: :secret:

CosmicRay
03-23-2011, 01:38 PM
When you want to start packing for your trip 2 weeks ahead of time!! 13 days and counting!!

I start packing THREE months early! We buy the kids all new Disney t-shirts at the Disney store to wear each day, I buy toiletries to pack up and all the small things ahead of time.

CosmicRay
03-23-2011, 01:44 PM
Oh where to begin?
- We usually go in November/early December, so when the weather here in TX feels like Disney in the winter, DH and I look at each other and say "this is a Disney day!"
- Our small children listen to music in their rooms at night, I have Tomorrowland BGM playing in one room and Disney Christmas BGM (from MK) in the other room.
- Our older kids are homeschoolers, but one of the big perks of why we decided to home school them was so we can take our large family to WDW during value season and enjoy no crowds!!!

Should I go on :mickey:

PopPhan
03-23-2011, 02:49 PM
OOC, what is the Celebrations magazine that the previous poster gets? We get DisneyFiles as DVC owners, but don't know about that one.

Celebrations Magazine is a magazine that anyone can subscribe to. It is not anything special for AP or DVC members.

TikiLounger
03-23-2011, 06:43 PM
Been there. Done that. Boy does daydreaming help with the stress. :D

:mickey: It certainly does!

emmatink
03-23-2011, 08:30 PM
When you begin researching and planning your next trip the day after you get back home from your last trip!

MrPeetrie
03-23-2011, 09:02 PM
When you begin researching and planning your next trip the day after you get back home from your last trip!

You said it, emmatink
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Olivia's Daddy
03-24-2011, 12:29 PM
I know I'm addicted to WDW when I sit at work reading Disney websites, like I'm doing right now.

johnO
03-24-2011, 12:43 PM
by pricing out real estate at Celebration (Florida) just so you could actually live at WDW.

I freely admit that i've done this....

RavsRuleDisney!
03-24-2011, 02:09 PM
It's all about the "smells"....the monorail, POLY lobby, buffets, etc. all have unique smells (good ones of course!) that hit me in unusal, unexpected places.

GoBlueLacheta
03-26-2011, 03:25 PM
I would like to admit that I have made a full-color day-by-day Excel spreadsheet outlining meals, which restaurant, time of reservation, reservation number, which park we're starting out in, which firework spectacle we're attending, and where after-hours entertainment will take place...and in the spaces I place tiny Mickey icons.

I feel better now.

Ahh yes but have you made a PowerPoint presentation for the family before you leave for vacation only to then supplement the itinerary with excel spreadsheets :mickey:

PopPhan
03-27-2011, 10:05 PM

You mean you wait that long? I generally start coming up with a plan as soon as I find the slip with the "bounceback offer" on the table in the room!!! :D

MrPeetrie
03-27-2011, 11:34 PM
Ahh yes but have you made a PowerPoint presentation for the family before you leave for vacation only to then supplement the itinerary with excel spreadsheets :mickey:

I don't know if you've ever seen the episode "The Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World" on the Travel Channel. In it, one of the "fans," a minister, created an entire hard-bound presentation of each trip prior to departure. It included predicted weather for each day, as well as each day's events. He also laminated small pocket-size index cards with the day's itinerary for each family member to carry. That way, they wouldn't have to ask "What are we doing next?" he said. They could just look at the card. My wife teases me because she says, "Secretly, you're dying to be like him."

azcavalier
10-10-2012, 09:48 AM
It's all about the "smells"....the monorail, POLY lobby, buffets, etc. all have unique smells (good ones of course!) that hit me in unusal, unexpected places.

Absolutely. I work on the Virginia Tech campus, and we just opened a new dining hall (spectacular, BTW). I went in to try it out, and it smelled *just like* the Riverside Mill at POR. It got me so excited for our upcoming trip. One month from today!

RavsRuleDisney!
10-10-2012, 09:59 AM
When you find "hidden Mickeys" everywhere you go. :mickey:

Yup. :thumbsup:

iluvdumbo
10-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Here are a few of my additions:

-When the background on your computer is a picture of New Fantasyland
-When you have the Intercot countdown on your desktop (65 days!!)
-When you buy your mom an apple candle for Christmas because it smells like the apple pie at Philharmagic
-When you and your mother start planning the decorations for your window at POP three months early by buying a mini Christmas tree and building a light-up wreath in the shape of a Mickey
-When you have too many photo albums and scrapbooks dedicated to Disney to count
-When you have at least 100 Disney beanie babies surrounding the walls of your bedroom
-When your pin shadow box and lanyard are full of pins and in need of another shadow box
-When you and your coworker are obsessed with Disney and that's all you talk about when you work together
-When you wear only Disney shirts a month leading up to your trip
-When you are talking to people for the first time and you gasp when they say they have never been to WDW / when they say they hate Disney

Shall-ist I need to continue?

Oh yeah, and the most important of all:

-When you are in college and your 19th birthday is finally on a break from school so you beg your mom to book a trip to Disney for it by making the homepages on the computer be flight information and hotel information :santa3:

Yeah, I'm Hannah and I have ODD (Obsessive Disney Disorder).

Lindsey310
10-10-2012, 12:29 PM
Our family went camping last night with some other families from our church. There was of course, a campfire. We hung out, made S'mores, etc, etc. Typical camping stuff.

This morning, when I got up, I put my clothes on that I had worn yesterday. When I grabbed them to put them on, the first thought that popped in my head *wasn't* "Hey, these smell like smoke!" It was, "Hey, these smell like that part of Spaceship Earth where they're depicting Rome burning!"

Hysterical!!! I love this smell!!!
I also love the smell of splash mountains water. My mom says it smells musty but I love it. We were walking by a reservoir in Cranston RI and I said hey! That water smells just like splash mountain! Lol :mickey3:

Poohluv85
10-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Love this thread! I am truly Disney obsessed and so glad to be in "magical" company :mickey:
I know I'm addicted to Disney when I discovered a candle at Walmart that smells exactly like the beach scene on Soarin, I walked around the store carrying and smelling the magic :cloud9: Also do the hidden Mickey thing, me and my best friend have actually created an everyday hidden Mickey album, and of course my room is completely Disney decked out :D

AmandaChan
10-16-2012, 09:15 AM
- when all of our computers have wdw backgrounds on them.

- when i carry a disney mug to work.

- when i get on intercot all of the time even though our next trip isn't going to be for a long time.

- read restaurant reviews all of the time.

- when i see something that looks like mickey ears and i call it a hidden mickey.

- whenever we get on the highway it reminds us of driving to the airport and going to orlando.

- whenever we go to the farthest mall only b/c it has a disney store in it.

- whenever we have days and we say 'i'm in a disney mood today.'

- we still play the spectromagic audio in the morning from time to time.

- listening to the haunted mansion audio a lot right now!

i could go on.

mariak
10-17-2012, 10:53 AM
When you’re out shopping at a mall (not on vacation) and you hear your daughter’s friend (who is also from a family of Disney junkies) say, “There’s no price on this, let’s find a cast member!”

Walking past the bathroom and thinking, "that smells like Mickey's Philharmagic!"....Glade Apple Cinnamon spray smells just like the pie in the "Be Our Guest" portion. I will never buy any other scent!

Also, my sister was in town(Jefferson City, MO) for a day last week and road back to Kansas City with us. We got in the car, plugged in my iPhone, started an Intercot Podcast and my 8-year-old daughter turns to my sister and says, “And this is our ride to Kansas City…” ;)

Maria

MrPeetrie
10-18-2012, 10:20 PM
When you're walking down Main Street, U.S.A., listening to the music and you realize they're not playing the songs in the correct sequence; the loop has been changed! (Some songs are newly added. Some are different versions of previous songs.) I picked up on it right away.

MelissaW
10-19-2012, 12:17 AM
When you watch you tube videos that people have posted from various rides throughout the park - every morning while getting ready - or listening to Intercot podcasts every morning!

When you carry your soda to every morning work meeting in a Disney Souvenier Cup while everyone else has the swank Starbucks cups, etc.

When you have a photo of your daughter sitting on the same fencing outside the garden area in Canada at Epcot with the little log cabin the background as your wallpaper background - same pose each trip.

When you are typing Disney Obsession lists at 11:15 PM when you should be going to bed on a worknight!

And yes, I too find all sorts of hidden Mickey's everywhere in the "real" world. Although in my thoughts, WDW is the REAL world! :mickey::mickey::mickey:

figgie
10-24-2012, 08:31 AM
There is a car in the parking lot of our condo building in DC that is "HDNMCKY"...what else can you think of that will bring me back to Disney faster than that! :mickey2:

disney obsessed
10-24-2012, 08:53 AM
When it is the day before the ICOT15 meet and you are so anxious that you are not going to be there that your skin is crawling and you feel terrible that your missing it. Probably too much information, but its a fact of an addicted life.

azcavalier
10-25-2012, 09:11 AM
Here's one that happened this morning...

When you're out of soap in the shower, and the only soap you can find is the soap you took from the last WDW hotel you stayed at. When you use it, the scent makes you feel like when you get out of the shower, you're heading to a park.

Granny Jill A
10-26-2012, 04:16 PM
I keep saying the next trip to WDW is my last trip because of the high prices, but it never is. I always end up going again. Push that credit card to the limit ;)

Cass&KenziesMom
10-28-2012, 11:34 AM
when my next trip is still 3 months away (80 days) and i cant stand it and all i am motivated to do is check intercot and look at other disney sites to gather all the information that i can because all i can do is think about going to disney!:welcome::wave:

:here:This is totally me! LOL I've become Disney obsessed since booking our trip and we have 105 days left! In my defense though it's been 10 years since DH and I have been to WDW and it's our girls' first time so I'm extremely excited to make it the best trip possible. :D

Zawadi
10-28-2012, 01:18 PM
Addicted to DLRs (not just WDW) when you return home from WDW and book two more vacations to DLRs on different continents (WDW & DLR-HK)

Airblue1
10-28-2012, 08:45 PM
We had a baby so we would have an excuse to go every year and our friends wouldn't laugh at us:)))):))):)))))

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
10-28-2012, 10:27 PM
You know you are addicted when you...

1. You Look at WDW things for more than 2 hours and you dont have a trip in the works.

2. Have a Disney/ WDW Themed Room

3. Using WDW Resort shampoo and soap when youre having a bad day to make it a little brighter.

4.When You see Disney World related things on Tv and You have a Disney Nerd Heart attack.

5. Always See hidden MIckeys everywhere.

6. When you are dissapointed when you are handed a non- Mickey Mouse mug.

7. Listen to Disney Music and WDW music to get your fix of Disney for that day.

8. Have a plethora of Disney Movie CDs and WDW CDs and that primarily all you listen to.

DisneyDawgette
10-29-2012, 12:23 AM
- When you just had to order a new Disney Vacation Planning DVD because you have watched all of the available options on Netflix and your own stash of old DVDs.

- When you check the price of Disney weddings so that you have plenty of time to start saving up over the next three years. It's either Disney wedding, Disney honeymoon, or no cigar! And luckily, he knows and is still hanging in there!

- When your friends refer to you as "The Disney Princess".

- When you remind your dad that it's time to start thinking about what restaurants we want to book for our trip in May... we're just getting too close to that 180 day mark to not be sure!

- When you spend all afternoon trying to track down Remy merch for your DBF who is also quickly becoming a Disney fanatic too! :mickey:

- When you sit with DBF for his first time at IllumiNations and he looks at you and says, "Hey, I actually get to see it now, not just listen to it in the car!" :blush:

steph436
11-04-2012, 07:02 PM
My DS (9yo) and I were picking out a scented candle when he said " I want this one. It smells like Disney!" :thumbsup:

Disney OB RN
11-04-2012, 08:48 PM
When you incorporate Disney characters into your powerpoint lectures. (AT THE COLLEGE LEVEL):mickey:
(This is how I find other Disney-maniacs.....):thumbsup:

Cinderelley
11-05-2012, 03:16 AM
We had a baby so we would have an excuse to go every year and our friends wouldn't laugh at us:)))):))):)))))

This is hilarious!!!!

azcavalier
09-12-2019, 03:52 PM
Just looking through threads I had started, and I realized I have a new one to add to this.

You know you're addicted to WDW when a hurricane is on track for Florida, and this makes your wife want to plan an impromptu trip to WDW FOR THE HURRICANE.

We went during Irma, and actually had a great time. The parks were empty leading up to, and after, the hurricane. The resort was a lot of fun, and we made great memories.

I said no.

baldburke
09-13-2019, 01:46 PM
@azcavalier Way to bring back this long lost gem!

Does buying your third set of DVC points make you addicted? I'm sure by DVC standards our number is low, but I doubt it will be our last time back to the well.

RhodeHog
10-01-2019, 05:07 PM
When you notice that you have made 99 posts and instantly think in a haunting voice "but there's always room for ONE more! Any volunteers?" So here's 100.

joonyer
10-02-2019, 03:54 PM
When I smell Bromine in water, I am immediately teleported into "It's a Small World", "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "Splash Mountain" :teleport: at least in my mind. :D

Cinderelley
10-02-2019, 05:47 PM
When you notice that you have made 99 posts and instantly think in a haunting voice "but there's always room for ONE more! Any volunteers?" So here's 100.

Congrats on 100 posts! :) Don't forget to bring your death certificate.

Cinderelley
10-02-2019, 05:47 PM
When I smell Bromine in water, I am immediately teleported into "It's a Small World", "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "Splash Mountain" :teleport: at least in my mind. :D

Now I know why some water smells remind me of PoTC

Cinderelley
10-02-2019, 05:48 PM

This made me wonder if you can have swimming pools with Bromine.

ransam
10-03-2019, 01:47 PM
When we are at a restaurant or well, any place where customer service is needed and we get great service, someone will reply "well that's what i call disney service" if we have bad service someone will reply "we're not in disney any longer".

joonyer
10-03-2019, 03:13 PM

Yes, you could use Bromine in a swimming pool, according to what little I know. But it is much more expensive than Chlorine based products, and generally only sold in commercial/industrial applications.
But it would be so cool to have that water smell in your backyard! :waycool:

PopPhan
10-03-2019, 03:40 PM

Baquacil (biguanide) smells quite similar. That's what I use in my pool.

Cinderelley
10-03-2019, 07:02 PM
Baquacil (biguanide) smells quite similar. That's what I use in my pool.

Pool Party at PopPhan's house!

merciantinkerbell
10-04-2019, 10:45 AM

Also explains when we went on holiday this past June, I was sitting in the hot tub in the sun thinking "feels like I'm on Splash". The hot tubs use bromine.

PopPhan
10-04-2019, 10:56 AM
Pool Party at PopPhan's house!

A little chilly here...Water temp already down to 75. Welcome to Autumn in PA!!!!

Cinderelley
10-04-2019, 06:11 PM
A little chilly here...Water temp already down to 75. Welcome to Autumn in PA!!!!

Ok then. We'll just have a grill some burgers around PopPhan's pool and pretend we're at Pecos Bill's smelling Splash Mountain.

merciantinkerbell
10-05-2019, 09:18 AM
Wetsuits? Dry suits?

DizneyFreak2002
10-05-2019, 11:45 AM
It's called a heated pool... LOL..

But speaking of chilly... 40's last night here in NJ... I'm ready for the crisp fall air...

Cinderelley
10-05-2019, 04:42 PM
It's called a heated pool... LOL..

But speaking of chilly... 40's last night here in NJ... I'm ready for the crisp fall air...

The problem with heated pools is that you have to get out of them some time.
I'm pretty sure I might die in 40 degree weather :P

brad192
10-05-2019, 05:46 PM

Just a couple of weeks ago, I had a cardiac procedure done at the hospital. I was very nervous about how things were going to play out. As I entered the lobby to check in, that "Disney Water" smell hit me full in the face. The fountain in the lobby had bromine as a sanitizer. Stopped dead in my tracks & breathed deeply for a few breaths, taking it as a sign that everything would work out & be OK. It did, and is! I kinda like​ being addicted to Disney!

DizneyFreak2002
10-05-2019, 06:17 PM
Just a couple of weeks ago, I had a cardiac procedure done at the hospital. I was very nervous about how things were going to play out. As I entered the lobby to check in, that "Disney Water" smell hit me full in the face. The fountain in the lobby had bromine as a sanitizer. Stopped dead in my tracks & breathed deeply for a few breaths, taking it as a sign that everything would work out & be OK. It did, and is! I kinda like​ being addicted to Disney!

It's that old Polynesian Lobby fountain water smell.. Ah those were the days...

Cinderelley
10-05-2019, 11:57 PM

I'm so glad you're doing well. :)

Cinderelley
10-10-2019, 02:54 AM

Whenever I get floated over to Durango Jail (like I did today), it smells like Pirates of the Caribbean in the elevator room. I spent a few minutes today trying to figure out where the water with bromine in it is. They have everything locked up tight though. One day, I'll find it. :thedolls:

Giggy
10-14-2019, 05:31 AM
When you have dreams of being at Disney and booking your next Disney holiday while there.

Last night I dreamt that me, my wife, parents and sister were in Disney World, we had just finished our second day in the parks (think it was Epcot or a water park, still early in the vacation though) and had gone back to the room. While there my Dad decided to book ANOTHER Disney holiday for 2 years time because there was a good deal on. I guess it would have helped the withdrawal symptoms at the end of the current trip! :mickey:

Jerry2
10-15-2019, 05:46 PM
You know you're addicted to WDW when... the TV in your living room is set to play a loop of YouTube videos of the WDW Resort TV channel.

You know the one that is primarily a blue screen that shows park icons that slide by with park hours and events by park with Disney instrumental music in the background

IrishMickey
10-16-2019, 01:54 PM
when you click on this post to read all the fun things you have in common with other people, only to see your original post from nine years ago! Going this weekend for the MNSSHP and then again for the New Year. Love being back on the East Coast! :mickey:

Cinderelley
10-17-2019, 11:50 PM
when you click on this post to read all the fun things you have in common with other people, only to see your original post from nine years ago! Going this weekend for the MNSSHP and then again for the New Year. Love being back on the East Coast! :mickey:

Give us a trip report. :)

Inventor'sDaughter
10-30-2019, 09:40 AM
When the white noise you play in your office at work is the a 12-hour loop of "Sounds of Disneyland."

Cinderelley
10-31-2019, 12:05 AM
When the white noise you play in your office at work is the a 12-hour loop of "Sounds of Disneyland."

"Your attention please. The Disneyland Limited now arriving . . . "

Giggy
11-04-2019, 06:47 AM
Whenever I go to a city with a Disney store (in the UK for me usually Birmingham and London, occasionally Liverpool, also now a small one has appeared one town away in Shrewsbury) I am obliged to go in. Even if I don't buy anything I am there to soak up the Disney atmosphere for 20 minutes.

Last time I did this was on a weekend trip to London a week ago. Just as I walked in I noticed the music was familiar but not from a movie... a few seconds later I suddenly realised it was Grim Grinning Ghosts from the Haunted Mansion. Cue me excitedly trying to tell my wife (who has not yet been to WDW) and trying and failing to record it to send to my family on my phone. :hmghost:

azcavalier
12-03-2019, 09:21 AM
You know you're addicted to WDW when... the TV in your living room is set to play a loop of YouTube videos of the WDW Resort TV channel.

You know the one that is primarily a blue screen that shows park icons that slide by with park hours and events by park with Disney instrumental music in the background

I do this, but I do it on my Google Home Hub. We especially love to do this on weekend mornings when we're making/eating breakfast or cleaning up around the house. We can just walk into the kitchen and say, "Hey Google, play Walt Disney World Today on YouTube", and it comes up with the resort TV channel. Love it.

I just bought an Amazon Echo Show 5 (the small version) and tried it to see if it could do it. It can, although it's a little different than the Google Home version. It opens a browser and pulls it up, so it's not full-screen like it is on the Google Home. But it sounds the same!

Park Hopper
12-04-2019, 08:57 AM
When you have dreams of being at Disney and booking your next Disney holiday while there.

Last night I dreamt that me, my wife, parents and sister were in Disney World, we had just finished our second day in the parks (think it was Epcot or a water park, still early in the vacation though) and had gone back to the room. While there my Dad decided to book ANOTHER Disney holiday for 2 years time because there was a good deal on. I guess it would have helped the withdrawal symptoms at the end of the current trip! :mickey:

Unfortunately, my dreams (when we are at home) are quite the opposite. I have a recurring dream where we are at Disney World and may have been for a few days, but have not done anything (for whatever reason). The dream starts on the last day and we are trying to get on our favorite rides before we leave.

This recurring dream is probably a sure sign that I am addicted! I have had it enough in some form or other that I can often recognize it as a dream and then either wake myself up or have fun with it.

Cinderelley
12-05-2019, 11:17 PM
There are a lot of critters that live in this jail. One day, I put a cockroach outside. Another day, I rescued a bat. Last night, a rat came up to my foot before running away. (Which was ironic, since we had just watched Ratatouille at home the night before). My coworker was freaking out about the rat coming so close to me. I said "What? I've always been good with animals."
She replied "Ok Disney princess." I might be addicted to Disney. :P

Giggy
12-16-2019, 06:29 PM
I have had dreams like that, I put it down to worrying about getting everything done. The dreams involve being a couple of days in, usually an evening and realising we have done basically nothing with that time.

I think it's because we can only go every few years because of time, cost and distance - so we know we have to make every day count!