PDA

View Full Version : CP or 1900PF for Breakfast?

Rekenna
07-31-2010, 11:43 AM
Hey guys!

So we have been to CP for early breakfast before MK opens in the past and it is way awesome! However, we have never been to GF at all and so have never gotten to experience 1900PF.

Right now I have CP at 8am or 1900PF at 8:30. With all other considerations aside, ie. characters, buffet options, what would you do?

I really want to see GF (especially since it will be Christmas time and I understand there is a awesome Gingerbread House display). But, being able to walk down Main Street when it is empty is priceless to me, also my DSis hasn't been to WDW in 20 years so that would be a nice treat for her as well.

:confused::confused::confused:

Thanks for your help!:mickey:

tmosier
07-31-2010, 12:52 PM
My vote's for CP before park opening. Walking down Main Street without gobs of people around can't be beat!

RockinRobin
07-31-2010, 01:02 PM
You can go to the GF and check it out with out eating there. You could take the monorail from the MK over and check things out.

SurferStitch
07-31-2010, 02:30 PM
My vote's for CP before park opening. Walking down Main Street without gobs of people around can't be beat!

I agree! We love going for a pre-opening breakfast with almost nobody on Main Street. Makes for some great pics when the PhotoPass CM's are out (they aren't always out that early when we go).

1900 PF is a very nice breakfast, but we do prefer the food and characters at CP. Also, being able to see the castle outside the window at your table sets you up for one magical day!

jpH/keD
07-31-2010, 04:52 PM
We LOVED the GF at Christmastime! The gingerbread house is awesome and makes for great pix! It is once in a lifetime(at least for us) Try it! Food is about the same at both places!! Have a magical trip either way!:cloud9:

Cinderelley
07-31-2010, 09:55 PM
We always do breakfast at Crystal Palace before the park opens. Nothing like that walk down Main Street. Maybe you could do 1900 PF for dinner with the characters from Cinderella.

crltkcagle
08-01-2010, 10:57 AM
We love CP breakfast and walking down Main Street virtually empty. However we did PK 1900 breakfast on our last trip and we loved it! Nothing like eating breakfast and watching the Mad Hatter being crazy, or visiting with Mary Poppins. THe food was really good too.

exvagirl
08-01-2010, 11:06 AM
I've done both, and I'd recommend 1900PF...GF atmosphere is amazing and the food isn't half bad either!!! :thumbsup:

magicalmom
08-02-2010, 01:09 PM
I would keep the CP breakfast, and then monorail over to GF for tea in the late afternoon.:tasty:

KAT1811
08-04-2010, 09:50 AM
We've done both and like both of them but CP early is a MUST do for us on our trips! There is no comparison to an early ADR at CP. Walking down Main Street almost empty, getting an early jump on the crowds, :cloud9:

1900 Park Fare is very good and the Mad Hatter is the best character I have experienced to date. But if I had to pick between 1900 and CP, CP wins hands down. :mickey:

Rekenna
08-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Thanks guys, I am leaning towards CP. We have ADR's for O'Hana that same evening so maybe we will take a nice monorail ride to GF to check out the decorations before or after dinner.

I agree that there is nothing that beats walking into a virtually emtpy MK. Last time we did this my DS4 then 2 year old never spoke a word, he walked around the whole day with his mouth open-he had the best time! And it was nice that he was quiet for a change! Thanks WDW!:thumbsup: