PDA

View Full Version : Castle lights

SonIsThumper
07-30-2010, 08:52 PM
What is the date that they light up the castle with the holiday twinkle lights?:santa3:

5togetherWDW
07-30-2010, 09:33 PM
The Disney release I read says:
"Electrifying fireworks, charming parades and all the sounds of the season help transform the 40-square-mile resort into a winter wonderland where holiday fun begins as early as Nov. 8"
. . .
"Castle Dream Lights – When daylight has passed during the holiday season, Magic Kingdom guests can behold a breathtaking transformation during the Castle Dream Lights ceremony. Each evening Nov. 8, 2010, through Jan. 3, 2011, Cinderella and favorite characters decked out in holiday garb take to the stage and magically transform Cinderella Castle into an ice palace aglow with 200,000 white lights – a perfect centerpiece to a park all decked out with wreaths, bows, garland and towering Christmas trees."

The Spectacle of Dancing Lights – at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is scheduled for Nov. 8, 2010 through Jan. 3, 2011

Meanwhile, Epcot will again wait its Holidays Around the World Storytellers and Candlelight Processional until the day after Thanksgiving, Nov 26th. (No mention of the Lights of Winter - looks like it will again be missing :( )

rt207
07-31-2010, 09:55 AM
I cannot wait! November 8th is the last day of our trip and the first day of MVMCP. We were supposed to depart on the 7th, but once I found out the date of the first Christmas party, I extended our trip and bought tickets to it. :high5::santa:

DisneyLuver91
07-31-2010, 10:58 AM
I cannot wait! November 8th is the last day of our trip and the first day of MVMCP. We were supposed to depart on the 7th, but once I found out the date of the first Christmas party, I extended our trip and bought tickets to it. :high5::santa:

Haha! That's totally something I would do. Have a fantastically magical trip!

ibrowse17
07-31-2010, 11:31 AM
Glad you get to see this on your trip! It really is something to see it light up in "ice":thumbsup:

plutosnana
07-31-2010, 01:03 PM
YES!!!!
I will be there!
We were afraid that we wouldn't be able to c the light spectacular and the castle lighting, but now we can!
Thanx for the post!!
:santa3::santa::santa3:

:goofy:

disneymom2000
07-31-2010, 10:39 PM
I loved it so much I had to make another trip just to see it again. It is the most beautiful thing I have seen in a long time.:santa: