PDA

View Full Version : AK Questions

twinboyz
07-30-2010, 11:33 AM
14 sleeps and we'll be at the World!:cloud9:

Planning for Kali River Rapids..does anyone know if there are lockers near the ride? We like to bring flip flops and put our shoes in ziploc bags, but would prefer to use a locker if it's available.

Also,
Is there still a main fastpass station near ITTBAB? In final stratigizing mode and trying to plan out our day. :joy:

Thanks!

iheartdisney
07-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Not sure about the lockers but I do know there is that large "pocket" in the middle of the actual raft with plastic and magnetic closures. We slip our shoes into our backpacks and ride the ride with flops with no problem.

I also wanted to comment on your term "14 more sleeps." That's how our family counts, too! Unfortunately, we at the 107 more sleep mark.

Have a great trip!

twinboyz
07-30-2010, 12:59 PM
Thanks iheartdisney! We tend to use up the entire center pocket with our family of four. Most new riders don't even know it's there. Ziploc bags are irreplaceable for that ride!

I think we've been counting in sleeps since the boyz were little. They are now 11 and we still count this way! ;)

snowflakegirl
07-30-2010, 07:42 PM
Just weighing in on the way of counting...I also count that way although i also "a get up" (speaking of which, 4 more sleeps and a get up between me and the World).

Have a wonderful trip!!

disneymom2000
07-31-2010, 11:12 PM
The only lockers I remember are in the Oasis area as you enter the park. There are none by the Rapids area.

WDWdriver
08-01-2010, 01:25 PM
The only lockers I remember are in the Oasis area as you enter the park. There are none by the Rapids area.

Correct. There are no lockers at the ride. But the compartment in the center of the raft is big enough for several backpacks. Don't expect the compartment to be completely dry. As the day goes by the compartments can get a bit of water in them.

It's a good idea to bring along some ziplock bags for sensitive items. If you forget, you can go to any merchandise shop and they will give you a plastic shopping bag for free.

Tekneek
08-01-2010, 03:04 PM
I don't know if It's Tough To Be A Bug ever uses their fastpass machines these days. We were just down there over the past week and there was never a wait for the show (beyond waiting for the previous one to end).

brownie
08-01-2010, 03:10 PM
It's a good idea to bring along some ziplock bags for sensitive items. If you forget, you can go to any merchandise shop and they will give you a plastic shopping bag for free.

I would double ziploc bag your sensitive items just to be safe. If an item ends up being submerged, water can sometimes still get through a single seal.

twinboyz
08-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Great posts. Thanks for all the feedback.

So we have 11 sleeps and a get up! LOVE IT!:mickey::woohoo:

I didn't remember any lockers by the KRR, but my partner thought there were some by the bathroom. I couldn't remember!

When we went last August, There was a 'main' fastpass station by It's Tough To Be A Bug. You could get FP for any ride with that option right there in one spot. Just hoping it was still there.

I don't think we'll need a FP for ITTBAB, but was thinking more for EE or KS.

Thanks!:thumbsup:

darthmacho
08-01-2010, 03:40 PM
We're down to 14 sleeps too! :mickey:

Tekneek
08-01-2010, 03:48 PM
When we went last August, There was a 'main' fastpass station by It's Tough To Be A Bug. You could get FP for any ride with that option right there in one spot. Just hoping it was still there.

Oh, that must be where they were doing the centralized fastpass experiment. All I can say on that front is that those machines were not being used this past week, so that must have stopped.

LauraByTheSea
08-01-2010, 06:39 PM
I say "sleeps" too! LOL I have 49 more still... Bummer...

I always take lots of ziplocks too, wrap up all the important stuff. Never really too concerned with our feet/clothes, they'll eventually dry.

TinkerBell-Bell
08-01-2010, 06:59 PM
I've never really thought about it,I think we usually just put our electriccy things in their bags (might be with a plastic bag covering just to be safe) and put that in the centre hole. Our clothes and shoes just tough it out on the ride usually, providing it's not raining you usually dry quickly enough.

twinboyz
08-02-2010, 02:15 PM
Oh, that must be where they were doing the centralized fastpass experiment. All I can say on that front is that those machines were not being used this past week, so that must have stopped.

That was it! Bummer! Oh well! Thanks for the update tho! :mickey:

PrincessJadesMom
08-02-2010, 03:58 PM
We always wear ponchos for the ride and keep our bags under the ponchos with us.:rain: 73 more sleeps 'til WDW!

huslovesthemouse
08-02-2010, 05:19 PM
If you put your feet on the up on the bar in front of you your shoes don't get wet