PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express and Southwest

Skiiiii
07-29-2010, 01:40 PM
Does anyone know if Southwest is now a participating airline and if I will be able to use them for the luggage service upon my departure from WDW. I will be staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Thanks!!!
:mickey::mickey:

Ricbr
07-29-2010, 01:51 PM
yep...they now participate. I found this on another site....I leave for Disney on Saturday and return next Saturday...so if it is different I will let you know.

Since March 9, Resort Airline Check-In with Southwest Airlines has been gradually rolled out to all but two Walt Disney World Resort Hotels, culminating with the addition of Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort and Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa the week of April 6.

Upon completion of a construction project at Disney’s Old Key West Resort and an assessment at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, Resort Airline Check-In with Southwest Airlines should be available at every Walt Disney World Resort hotel by the end of 2010.

Skiiiii
07-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Thanks a lot! I wonder if anyone else with recent AKL experience can verify it is there now.

Checkers
07-29-2010, 07:48 PM
Does anyone know if Southwest is now a participating airline and if I will be able to use them for the luggage service upon my departure from WDW. I will be staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Thanks!!!
:mickey::mickey:

According to the flyer we received with our info packet when we stayed at BCVs in May, SW Resort Airline Check-in is offered at AKL. Also, I believe now that the renovations are completed at OKW it is now offered there as well.:mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
07-29-2010, 08:02 PM
I did the resort check in for Southwest for my trip earlier this month and my bags arrived before I did on earlier flight. I wasn't happy when my bag wasn't on the carousel. Thank God it was in an area of unclaimed baggage. I think next time I'll be taking my bags with me to the airport.

steamboat52
07-30-2010, 11:57 AM
I stayed at AKL this past April and used the ME service for my return with no problem.

They hung an envelope on my door the day before my departure containing all the information I needed (time, where to take bags, etc). There was an attendant there who asked all the same security questions they do at the airport, tagged the bags and locked them up. We didn't see them again until our plane landed. It was easy and stress free.

When it's time to check in with Southwest 24 hours before your flight, just go to the concierge at the hotel or to Guest Services at the park you're at and they'll do it for you.

I expected it to be convenient with Disney magic, but I was amazed at how easy it was. Enjoy your trip! I'm ready to go back.

lovinmesomedisney
08-02-2010, 07:21 PM
I used the check in while I was at my trip in April and LOVED it! We checked our bags in early in the a.m. Our flight was later in the evening. We went to AK for the day, came back for ME and had absolutely no trouble. We got home, our bags were there and it was all so simple! I love it. So much better than lugging all your things through the airport.

Checkers
08-03-2010, 10:06 AM
According to the flyer we received with our info packet when we stayed at BCVs in May, SW Resort Airline Check-in is offered at AKL. Also, I believe now that the renovations are completed at OKW it is now offered there as well.:mickey:

Just found out this morning from someone who is staying at OKW and checked with their Resort Airline Check-in that they now are checking luggage for Southwest. Good news for all of us who stay at OKW frequently!:mickey:

SorcererJim
08-07-2010, 10:11 PM
I know you have to ride the ME bus to have them handle your luggage TO your resort... but do you have to use ME on your return trip to use the Airline Checking at your resort?

Engine1822
08-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Yes, Southwest definately participates. My wife and I Stayed at AKL in May and used the Magical Express!!

sainter
08-09-2010, 01:16 AM
I know you have to ride the ME bus to have them handle your luggage TO your resort... but do you have to use ME on your return trip to use the Airline Checking at your resort?

No, you don't - it is a completely seperate service. I think it is soo nice to be able to check your bags early on your last day... :mickey:

daisyhead
08-09-2010, 11:33 AM
I didn't even know about this service! This is wonderful! So, our last day, we'll be able to check our bags at 9am...head out for some last minute fun and eating, then catch Magical Express and not worry about our luggage again until we get home?

Wow! :mickey:

faline
08-09-2010, 11:59 AM
I didn't even know about this service! This is wonderful! So, our last day, we'll be able to check our bags at 9am...head out for some last minute fun and eating, then catch Magical Express and not worry about our luggage again until we get home?
Wow! :mickey:

That's correct. We used the service on our last two trips - once with Southwest and once with JetBlue.

beksy
08-10-2010, 04:34 PM
This is terrific! :joy: Not having this service was the only bad thing about Southwest. Dealing with luggage, a wheelchair, id, etc at the airport was a hassle so this will help. Can't wait to try it in September!