PDA

View Full Version : fanny packs, backpacks, ???

jdpip
07-29-2010, 12:28 PM
We are going in September and, although we've been before, it has been quite a few years so I'm asking for your help! As I recall, some rides require you to put your backpack in a locker -- does that also apply if you are wearing a fanny pack? Does Harry Potter also have this rule? Thank you so much!!! :thumbsup:

joonyer
07-29-2010, 12:37 PM
I've found that the answer is : "It depends".

It depends on the team member at the attraction entrance, the nature of the attraction and the size and type of attraction seating. If you can cram it into a cargo pocket you can generally take in with you . . . IF the seat belt or harness will still close. I've done that on Rip, Ride n Rockit for instance, but it'll be a gamble if the harness will close depending on the size of the pack. On some rides you can put it under your shirt and no one will say anything, unless the belt/harness won't latch. The Forbidden Journey ride has a "small" storage compartment on the back of the seats, but I don't know the dimensions.

LVT
08-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Not even the smallest purse pack or pouch is what I was told. I will buy the pants with the extra large pockets on the thighs for cameras, etc. The
lockers are not that bad, but it does take memory and time to do the small free lockers. There are more expensive all day lockers available.

Renfairwedding
08-03-2010, 11:27 PM
My wife uses a small fanny pack. Never a problem.

jdpip
08-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Thanks everyone! I was going to carry a back pack, but I think I'll just stick with the fanny pack instead just to be safe.