PDA

View Full Version : Top Chef DC

PirateLover
07-29-2010, 12:15 AM
Anyone else watching? Tonight's episode really confused me with the way they edited it. With all the cameras, I think they easily could've shown us whether Alex did or didn't steal the pea puree. To have him win with that dish and to have that cloud out there without giving us satisfaction one way or the other is kind of disappointing. I've never liked Alex from the beginning so I guess I kind of wanted to see him get caught, but if he didn't steal it, he also deserves to be vindicated.

retiredfigment
07-29-2010, 09:22 AM
Totally agree. Hopefully at some point they will clear it up - I can waiting for it to be found behind a container.

Melanie
08-12-2010, 10:10 AM
I was actually shocked they sent Kenny home. Maybe he was more of a legend in his own mind?

JanetMegan
08-12-2010, 11:38 AM
I am so far behind, I have the entire season on the DVR so far-in fact I still have two episodes of Top Chef Masters to watch (although it has been pretty lackluster.) Even Hell's Kitchen was eh for me this year. I have enjoyed Master Chef so far though ;)

TheDuckRocks
08-12-2010, 12:40 PM
I was actually shocked they sent Kenny home. Maybe he was more of a legend in his own mind?

I think I was most shocked over Amanda, who can't even cook a steak this week nor basically beef stew last, is still there.
*Note how I avoided not having to spell boeuf er-you know what I mean.:blush:

Melanie
08-12-2010, 12:43 PM
I think I was most shocked over Amanda, who can't even cook a steak this week nor basically beef stew last, is still there.

Yes, I'm shocked Amanda and Alex are still there!!

PirateLover
08-12-2010, 01:03 PM

I feel like he was on the bottom a few times... I was still surprised to see him go though. Alex and Amanda annoy the heck out of me and have long overstayed their welcome. They are squeaking by each weak but there's only so far they can go. I would love a double elimination next week!

Melanie
08-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Alex and Amanda annoy the heck out of me and have long overstayed their welcome.

Does Amanda remind anyone else of Alicia Silverstone? That in itself annoys the heck out of me. ;)

coloradowendyl
08-12-2010, 02:07 PM
I really liked Kenny, but he always seemed to try too hard. Every dish was "too much". I really did like the way he ran the kitchen and how well the team worked together. He had a very calm way about him.

I think that Ed, Tiffany, and Kevin are the 3 to watch for the finals. Angelo is too confident/has major attitude and you could see that he doesn't work well under pressure last night. I like Kelli but I don't think she is strong enough and will go soon. She always looks like she is going to cry.

Amanda is the next to go IMHO and Alex should have been long gone. I have to say I was impressed on how well Amanda did with the Quick fire challenge reading what Kevin had planned.

My money is on Kevin to win it!

Wendy

PirateLover
08-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Angelo has definitely started to show some stress but as long as his flavors are good he'll be there in the end. However I don't know if he'll win. I still remember the first season when the finale was Harold vs Tiffani and everyone threw Tiffani under the bus in terms of her attitude in the kitchen. Angelo is way too serious and most of the people left don't really seem to like him, so that could come back to haunt him. I really like Ed and Tiffany. Aside from Alex and Amanda...and maybe Kelli, I wouldn't have a problem with any of the others winning.

mainemajor
09-07-2010, 09:33 PM
It's off to Thiland for what should be an exciting final couple of shows

murphy1
09-09-2010, 09:04 AM
I can't believe Tiffany is gone!! That was stupid to send her home, I could care less who wins now, b/c the TC is gone.

PirateLover
09-09-2010, 08:32 PM
I did not like the head games that Ed pulled. That was disappointing. The preview for the finale was intense with Angelo being sick. Can't wait! And I'm also excited for Just Deserts to start!

mainemajor
09-12-2010, 09:39 AM
I did not like the head games that Ed pulled. That was disappointing. The preview for the finale was intense with Angelo being sick. Can't wait! And I'm also excited for Just Deserts to start!

:ditto: Ed showed his true colors. While everyone wants to win, do so with class.

Niecyboo
09-13-2010, 12:03 AM
Ed had been one of my favorites until this episode. He really turned me off with all his games and snotty behavior. Now that Tiffany is gone, and Ed has shown his true colors, I'm not sure who I'm rooting for.

I bet Tiffany gets Fan favorite though.

coloradowendyl
09-13-2010, 12:59 PM
I am rooting for Kevin, however, typically the person getting the most "clips" either wins or is eliminated so I have this nasty feeling Angelo may pull it off. He annoys me the most so I hope it isn't him.

Wendy

Melanie
09-13-2010, 02:21 PM
I don't know. I think all 3 of them are kinda whiny and conniving.