PDA

View Full Version : Jersey week!!!

exvagirl
07-28-2010, 06:04 PM
I'm almost 14, live in New Jersey, and this is my first time going to WDW during the semi-famous Jersey Week...for those of you that don't know, we go to school monday, off tuesday, go wednesday, and then a four day weekend. Awesome, I know. Due to this awesomeness, many people from Jersey go to WDW that week...just wondering if anyone else is going that week as well??? November 2-7th? Thanks!!!

Rebecca :mickey:

badkitty
07-28-2010, 07:23 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!

We haven't decided for sure yet but it looks more like around the 10th. We will just miss you. I'm sure you will have an awesome time!

VWL Mom
07-28-2010, 07:45 PM
:welcome: exvagirl!

We'll be there with you. We go for Jersey week each year. It seems we have a reputation that keeps others away so the crowds are very manageable. Great time to go. :thumbsup:

exvagirl
07-28-2010, 08:34 PM
:welcome: exvagirl!

We'll be there with you. We go for Jersey week each year. It seems we have a reputation that keeps others away so the crowds are very manageable. Great time to go. :thumbsup:

True, true hahaha. Well lemme ask a veteran of Jersey Week, is it usually very crowded or not so much?

exvagirl
07-28-2010, 08:35 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!

We haven't decided for sure yet but it looks more like around the 10th. We will just miss you. I'm sure you will have an awesome time!

I hope so! Its my first time going around that time so it'll be interesting! :)

JerseyDad
07-28-2010, 10:34 PM
....Jersey Week is a GREAT time to go to WDW!! The weather can't be beat...there's no real crowds....and it's kinda' neat seeing all the Jersey College and High School shirts on people. Each time we go...we run into someone that we know. Was hoping to WDW during Jersey Week this year.....but it looks like we'll be there the last week of August...darn ;)

exvagirl
07-28-2010, 10:45 PM
....Jersey Week is a GREAT time to go to WDW!! The weather can't be beat...there's no real crowds....and it's kinda' neat seeing all the Jersey College and High School shirts on people. Each time we go...we run into someone that we know. Was hoping to WDW during Jersey Week this year.....but it looks like we'll be there the last week of August...darn ;)

Oh we'll miss you then! LOL Good to hear that someone had a great experience at this time of year...it'll be funny seeing everyone...I already know of some friends that are going at the same time! thanks for the insight!

Joannelet
07-29-2010, 07:11 AM
Have fun!!! :)

exvagirl
07-29-2010, 01:54 PM
:cloud9:I'm sure we will!!!

diz_girl
07-30-2010, 10:07 AM
We're probably going that week, if the Space Shuttle launch stays scheduled for that Monday, Nov 1. The funny thing is that DS isn't even old enought for school, but we happen to be going that week anyway.

exvagirl
07-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Very cool!!! I'm sure the shuttle launch will be interesting as well! have fun! :thumbsup:

exvagirl
08-18-2010, 12:56 PM
So that's it?! No more Jersey Weekers? LOL :mickey:

NJGIRL
08-25-2010, 08:10 AM
I will be there Nov 3rd to the 7th. Girls trip and my sister is a teacher. :mickey:

exvagirl
08-25-2010, 10:23 PM
AWESOME! :mickey: I see you're South Jersey! Same here!! :)

Pop Centurion
08-28-2010, 05:34 AM
You're supposed to go to WDW to escape Jersey. :fresh:

dismommy
08-28-2010, 02:25 PM
I was there for my honeymoon during jersey week and was shocked by the number of people I knew that I saw in the parks, and buses, resturants etc. This year we are taking DS but Nov 5-13, DH couldn't get all his jersey week shifts covered at the firehouse.:mickey:

exvagirl
08-28-2010, 05:04 PM
I was there for my honeymoon during jersey week and was shocked by the number of people I knew that I saw in the parks, and buses, resturants etc. This year we are taking DS but Nov 5-13, DH couldn't get all his jersey week shifts covered at the firehouse.:mickey:

So you've done this before I see? Lemme ask you then, is it really crowded??? How are the wait times on the popular rides? Thanks! :mickey:

tinklover
08-28-2010, 05:18 PM
we went last year during Jersey week and going again this year. wait times were no longer than 20 min. Longest we waited was 45 min for Soarin. crowd levels were not bad at all. it was such a change form going in May or June. That is why we are going back again the same dates as last year. Looking forward to My DBF seeing his first launch and my DDs seeing their second Launch and being old enough to remember it.

exvagirl
08-29-2010, 09:35 PM
we went last year during Jersey week and going again this year. wait times were no longer than 20 min. Longest we waited was 45 min for Soarin. crowd levels were not bad at all. it was such a change form going in May or June...

PERFECT. Yeah, our family usually goes in August and it would get pretty bad. That's very good news. Thanks! :thumbsup:

missymouseworld
09-11-2010, 07:01 AM
We'll be there...arriving on Halloween....kids only have off on Thursday and Friday, but going for the week.

We have been there before during Jersey week and from what I remember, the lines weren't too bad...now, I am an ex-Disney Spring Breaker, so anything is better than those crowds and lines.

Enjoy your time there!

exvagirl
10-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Sweet! Thanks!