PDA

View Full Version : Expidition Everest and YETI????

olivegirl
07-28-2010, 01:45 PM
We will be heading down to Disney in 14 days:cloud9: and can anyone tell me if the Yeti is now working? I read about a month ago on here that they were working on the Yeti!!

Strmchsr
07-28-2010, 02:09 PM
Nope. It's permanently out of A mode. At least until they do a major refurb. It's kind of in a C or D mode right now. You can see it but it doesn't move at all or only a little.

afowl1017
07-28-2010, 02:49 PM
Wow what a downer! I am so glad I got to see it in its full working order. It was really "shocking"! Hope it gets refurbished and fixed, everyone deserves to see it!

Strmchsr
07-28-2010, 03:38 PM
Yep, but no announcement on when it might be fixed. They're still trying to figure out how to fix it and then the money has to be green lit.

JPL
07-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Actually I like to call it F mode! :mad:

Melanie
07-28-2010, 04:59 PM
I don't know. To me it's still pretty intimidating and impressive in the 2 seconds you get to see it. :shrug:

JPL
07-28-2010, 07:13 PM
I just think more people have seen it in the current mode than have actually seen the fully animated show. I mean it still looks good but without the arm swooping down at the train fully lit it really isn't that impressive. IMHO

RBrooksC
07-29-2010, 07:38 AM
I rode E:E twice with the Yeti in "A Mode." I can honestly say that first time I rode the ride, I almost missed him. The second time, I actively looked for him and I briefly saw him in the end.

Yes, it was impressive. However, the view was so fleeting and if you blinked you missed it that I highly doubt the ride loses any impact with the Yeti being in "B Mode" or any other mode.

paragon
07-29-2010, 08:01 AM
As others have said, you actually only see the Yeti for a brief instant, and may actually miss it on your first ride. Even if it isn't moving, the ride is still great. I have been lucky enough to have seen it in full motion but I did have to look for it on my second ride.
Either way, still better than test Track, which is almost always in "breakdown mode"!

Bay Lake
07-29-2010, 08:32 AM
I just want to see him once, whether it is A,B,C mode.
The last time I was there he was dark, no lights on him at all. Now at least I will get to se him on Monday afternoon when I get there. We are hitting AK first because of EMH.

andreallybadeggs
08-03-2010, 10:41 AM
Just read about "Disco Yeti" in the Orlando Sentinel on my plane ride home yesterday.
http://thedailydisney.com/blog/2010/07/disney-fans-dismayed-with-disco-yeti/

darthmacho
08-03-2010, 11:01 AM
I heard they are playing Lady Gaga's music fir Disco Yeti! (jk) :mickey:

BigThunderFan
08-03-2010, 12:02 PM
I just wished they would light the yeti more. I know it may not be operating, but it is still impressive because of it's size and the speed you are traveling at. Not to mention the roar that fills the tunnel!

But with the strobe light on it, my son didn't even see him the first two times he rode. Of course he may have still had his eyes closed from the big drop... I'm not sure. :sulley:

Imagineer1981
08-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Agreed, you really can't see him well, but its no excuse. The ride was hyped with the Yeti being the most advanced animatronic ever and it needs to be so

#1donaldfan
08-06-2010, 12:23 PM
We rode this past June and he had some movement, at least it looked like it !! Nothing even close to what it was when it first opened, but in all honesty, your going so fast, it really doesn't matter. You only see him for a second as it's so dark now, that the strobes do make it look "alive"....it's still my fav at AK !!:thumbsup: