PDA

View Full Version : Kona Cafe Service

Jessietoystory2
07-28-2010, 01:30 PM
We just ate at Kona Cafe on Sunday. The meal was very good, but the service was the worst we have ever had. Our waitress was so rude! My husband and I had a question about the coffee and she snipped at us. We were only given one small container of Ketchup for 5 of us. When we asked for an additional one, she rolled her eyes and acted as if it was a big bother. To say the least we all shared the one because she didn't bring a second one until the end of our meal. She only came to our table 3 times. Once to take our order, once because my husband called her over to ask about the ketchup, and once to drop off the bill and bring the kechup at the same time. I thought this was the happiest place on earth. Has anyone else have this happen?

renecat
07-28-2010, 02:49 PM
So sorry to hear of this. We love Kona and have never had bad service. We are going there in Oct. and if we get this wait person I will be asking for management. I really can't recall having a bad experiance with anyone at WDW. (Except once.) I haven't been since Sept 2009 so maybe things have changed. If this is the case I will be talking with management alot. We go every year and expect to have good service. After all this is not a cheap vacation. I know people can have bad days. It seems I have read more and more post about bad service or snippy servers.

lightyearfan
07-28-2010, 04:20 PM
sorry to hear that, me and dw have been to Kona on every trip since 07, and we've never had a problem with the service or food, it's actually one of the best services that we get . and we will be going again on our upcoming Sept trip, i read allot of reports on here, about bad service and bad cm's, again i must say that me and dw have never had any issues, maybe it's timing, i don't know?

victor

JPL
07-28-2010, 07:19 PM
This sounds exactly like the same waitress my brother described to me when he ate there in May. He said it was the worst service he ever had at Disney. He even mentioned the eye rolls and the extreme rudeness makes me wonder if the same one.

HoosierDisneyFan
07-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Maybe she just transfered from 50s Prime Time.... (sorry bad joke)...

Joannelet
07-29-2010, 07:13 AM
Oh that stinks that you had a bad server! We ate there in Dec. for the first time and it was the best service we had all week!! :) Loved our waiter!!!
Did you say anything to management?

MinnieMommie
07-29-2010, 07:30 AM
My family loves Kona and we dine there every trip. We had one bad experience with a server which is not so bad considering the amount of times we have eaten there. Probably should have said something but did not. It was an isolated experience but was unpleasant enough to impact our enjoyment of our meal. Oh well...sorry about the experience you had with your server. Were you there for breakfast lunch or dinner? :mickey: