PDA

View Full Version : Hoop Dee Do Musical Review paid for, but want to switch to DDP.

azcavalier
07-28-2010, 01:26 PM
We made our reservations and ADR's for the annual fall trip to WDW (but this time we're bringing the DW's entire family), and my DMIL wanted to take all of the kids to the HDDMR. We got ADRs for it, but had to pay for it up front with the credit card. Later, we picked up the free DDP, and planned to still do HDDMR, but obviously you have to use two TS credits. Fine, we're OK with that. But when we called WDW-DINE to get the $700 refunded for HDDMR, they told us that they have to cancel our existing ADRs and rebook it. And that once it's cancelled, it's back into the system, and there's a chance that it wouldn't let us re-book. So, the safe thing to do would be to just keep the existing reservation and when we show up, see if they will switch it there.

We've already paid off the credit card, but i'd love to have that $700 back. That's a large chunk of change.

Has anyone else had something like this happen?

DizneyRox
07-28-2010, 01:42 PM
Yeahm in my experience, they charge regardless, although I've neer been on the DDP. I just did the Norway breakfast which is handled the same way as the HDD, I paid for it when I made the ressies, and then I got another bill at the restaurant. When I brought it up, I was told they don't charge, just hold at the time of reservation, but that's not been my experience.

The HDD is better to pay OOP and save the two credits for dining. 2TS meals aren't a good value on the DDP. You can call and gie them your info and see what they say, I'm not sure though you'll be credited until you actually show up at Pioneer Hall.

Which reminds me, I need to check my statements and receipts to make sure they actually credited me back the initial payment. Another item on my ToDo list...

azcavalier
07-28-2010, 01:48 PM
Yeah, I know they charged, because I saw the charge on the bill. And it's paid off. In fact, the whole trip is paid for already! We're so proud of ourselves....it's pretty easy to go into debt for a Disney fix.

civilmousefan
07-28-2010, 01:53 PM
The same thing happened to me last year. In my case when I checked in at my resort, they were able to issue a credit back to my credit card and then use my DDP.

deedeenmickey
07-28-2010, 03:42 PM
You could try to book the HDD using the dining plan without canceling yours and if there is availablility book it and THEN cancel your exsistin ressies. It is not always sold out we went in March and only called about a week prior and got in with 3 guest.

azcavalier
07-28-2010, 07:05 PM
You could try to book the HDD using the dining plan without canceling yours and if there is availablility book it and THEN cancel your exsistin ressies. It is not always sold out we went in March and only called about a week prior and got in with 3 guest.

My wife tried this already. It was booked solid.

mdhiggin
07-28-2010, 07:15 PM
Thanks for reminding me. We did this with CRT on our May trip and were told to let them know at the restaurant when we got there and they would use DDP and credit back our credit card. After your post, I checked, and we still haven't received the credit back from our dinner two months ago. I'll be calling tomorrow. The business office was already closed for the day.

kemps@wdw
07-28-2010, 11:04 PM
I believe the cc is to hold the ressie and would only be billed if you did not show up or cancel within the allowed time. This according to the dining reservation CM we booked ours thru. We are doing the HDDMR this Oct. and will be using our ddp credits. But if you've already paid, they're probably right about the cancellation and rebooking thing. Why, who knows. :shrug:

azcavalier
07-29-2010, 08:56 AM
I believe the cc is to hold the ressie and would only be billed if you did not show up or cancel within the allowed time. This according to the dining reservation CM we booked ours thru. We are doing the HDDMR this Oct. and will be using our ddp credits. But if you've already paid, they're probably right about the cancellation and rebooking thing. Why, who knows. :shrug:

The thing is, I don't think that they take your CC number and just "hold it" to charge you if you don't show up. They charged it immediately, six months out. We didn't tell them to go ahead and charge it. They just did.

JonMcIntosh
11-08-2014, 10:54 AM
I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to post a recent update on the process in case anyone (like me!) was searching for an answer on the inter webs.

Like the OP, we booked HDDR and then added the Dining Plan later.

Now that I have all my ADR's booked, it would actually be cheaper to pay for the HDDR with the DDP and then pay OOP for one of our character breakfasts and our lunch at 50's PTC.

In fact I used a dining calculator to help me figure that out.

Anyway, it was EASY to switch my res to the DDP.
The initial operator who handled my call had to go by protocol and look for another open res at the same time. Given that our trip is only 17 days out, we both knew she would find nothing available.

She then transferred my call up the ladder and the next person had the option and authority to cancel my current res and rebook HDDR connected to the DDP without the danger of releasing those tickets to the general public.

It took about 10 minutes or so and this move saved our family about $60, so a win all around!

ransam
11-11-2014, 01:07 AM
thank you for the info