PDA

View Full Version : Tickets

4disneynuts
07-27-2010, 08:21 PM
Can anyone tell me if there is an advantage to buying your park :vacation:tickets other than with your MWP. I saw on here that someone is not a fan of that. Is there a way to get them cheaper that I am missing. I though the tickets cost the same no matter where you get them. Thanks!

DizneyRox
07-27-2010, 10:05 PM
In general, the cost of tickets is the cost of tickets. You can save a couple bucks going with a discount broker, but your not going to save a ton. When your buying multiple tickets, the savings start to add up.

So depends on what your looking for... Want to save 25%? Not going to happen... 10%? Nope... You're looking at about 5% typically, which is a savings, but probably not what your thinking...

sherriepaul
07-28-2010, 04:58 PM
I've found a couple places where I compared prices- apples to apples 6 day hopper pass for 2 adults 2 kids. The cheapest I found was undercover tourist(I think that's the name). But if you want for instance the free dining, you have to book rooms and tickets together in order to get the free dining, or at least that's what I thought.

CleveRocks
07-29-2010, 12:58 PM
If you want to use the Disney dining Plan, whether it's free or you pay for it, then you have to book a PACKAGE. Disney defines a package as a bundled purchase of room + tickets.

There are also some promos (discounts) from time-to-time that require you book a package rather than a room-only reservation. Then again, there are also some room-only discounts from time-to-time.

If you purchase tickets separately through an authorized reseller, you might save $10-$15 a ticket or so. But I would only do this after I was sure that there are not going to be any great PACKAGE discounts for my travel time.

And just FYI, "Magic Your Way" or "MYW" is Disney's name for the tickets. Whether you buy a 1-day ticket from Disney or a 9-day ticket from an authorized reseller, they are all Magic Your Way tickets.