PDA

View Full Version : 3D Disney's Dessert Discovery

KAT1811
07-27-2010, 02:51 PM
I know that the 3D Disney's Dessert Discovery is new this year at the Food & Wine Festival but I was wondering how the special culinary programs are as a whole. We have never done one. We have a DD that is very interested in culinary, especially pastry. As much as I hope this is just a phase she would love the program but only want to do it if the program (or others like it) is worth it. it would mean that we would have to separate from the group in order to take part, leaving my other 3 children out (DD is 13 while the other 3 are 5,3, and 1). Any input would be fabulous!!!

Donald
07-27-2010, 06:15 PM
A couple of years ago, I did a dessert program that featured Warren Brown (Sugar Rush-Food Network, and owner of a bakery in Washington DC).

The event was sponsored by Martini and Rossi and began with a very nice champagne brunch. After the brunch, Warren and his assistant came on stage and began preparing some desserts. After each recipe was shown, CMs came around with the dessert for us to try. The portions were very generous and extremely delicious. He featured 3 desserts, so we definately got a sweet on that day!

We were given all three recipes, a pencil and notepad from Martini and Rossi, and a wine bottle "capper" from Martini and Rossi.

Warren Brown had a new cook book available for sale in the food and wine festival store, and after the presentation, he did a book signing.

We had a wonderful experience. I would definately do it again.

By the way, his cookbook has a lot of delicious recipes!:mickey: