PDA

View Full Version : "How 'bout some backstage passes?"

cardinalsfan_98
07-27-2010, 01:50 PM
DD reminded me this morning about the lack of the phrase "how 'bout some backstage passes" being said at RnR in the preshow in our past two trips. Does anyone else miss this in the preshow, and likewise, does anyone know why it's not said consistantly anymore?

gerald72
07-27-2010, 02:24 PM
Last time I was there- august 09- it was said the first time we rode, but I never heard it mentioned again.
My question- why don't you yell it at the appropriate time?

Tygger7
07-27-2010, 03:17 PM
We were just there in May 2010 and the "backstage passes" dialogue was still in there...I even have it on tape as proof! In fact, the CM was even interacting and said it before that part in the pre-show.

cardinalsfan_98
07-27-2010, 05:29 PM
My question- why don't you yell it at the appropriate time?

My answer-that's the CM job, not mine...

azcavalier
07-28-2010, 08:49 AM
What are you guys talking about? RnR is my DW's and DD10's favorite ride, and we ride it multiple times. In the video, Steve Tyler always asks about backstage passes for us. At what point does someone, a guest or cast member, yell something out? I've ridden this ride dozens of times over the years, and I've never heard a cast member say anything other than, "Keep moving forward, and fill all the available space!"

Humphrey
07-28-2010, 11:50 AM
I was there two weeks ago and the line was used in the presentation. Possible that you just missed it. I go quite often and it has always been said.

cardinalsfan_98
07-29-2010, 07:08 AM
What are you guys talking about? RnR is my DW's and DD10's favorite ride, and we ride it multiple times. In the video, Steve Tyler always asks about backstage passes for us. At what point does someone, a guest or cast member, yell something out? I've ridden this ride dozens of times over the years, and I've never heard a cast member say anything other than, "Keep moving forward, and fill all the available space!"

Right before Steven Tyler stops, looks directly in to the audience, puts his hand on his forehead and says "Wait a minute, I love that idea...", a CM yells/should yell "How 'bout some backstage passes"...if you've never heard it, you wouldn't miss it, but IMHO it definately makes the pre-show more complete...

andreallybadeggs
08-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Right before Steven Tyler stops, looks directly in to the audience, puts his hand on his forehead and says "Wait a minute, I love that idea...", a CM yells/should yell "How 'bout some backstage passes"...if you've never heard it, you wouldn't miss it, but IMHO it definately makes the pre-show more complete...

And this is why I love Intercot. MANY trips on the RRC and never remember this occurring-- just thought Tyler took the idea from the agent's line about sending us all with them. Feel cheated but then may just not have been observant enough OR more likely, at least lately, CM or an audience participant did say the line and I couldn't hear it. Which is my latest pet peeve. People so eager to get on the ride they smack me with their elbows as they push to get closer to the doors and then talk really loud and completely ignore the preshow. Takes so much from the fun for me. Did notice last trip that it's much quieter during the ToT preshow so perhaps Disney should make it darker during all preshows so those of us who enjoy the staging might actually be able to hear it.

wdwfansince75
08-03-2010, 04:26 PM
Guess it is my memory tricking me again, but my recollection is that Tyler himself makes the suggestion....I recall that it is always part of the preshow, even those times when there is no CM in the room. Love the ride, especially the launch. Reminds me of cat shots way back in my younger, foolish days.

Scar
08-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Just watched it on Youtube, recorded by a guest.

Manager say's "What do you expect me to do, send them all with you?"

Then a silent pause.

Tyler says "Wait a minute, I love that idea, how 'bout some backstage passes?"

If anyone else ever said it, it's probably a guest during the pause. I've never heard anyone else say it.

Buttercup
08-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Just watched it on Youtube, recorded by a guest.

Manager say's "What do you expect me to do, send them all with you?"

Then a silent pause.

Tyler says "Wait a minute, I love that idea, how 'bout some backstage passes?"

If anyone else ever said it, it's probably a guest during the pause. I've never heard anyone else say it.
Yes, this. In all my years of riding it, no cast member has ever said "How about some backstage passes!" because Steven Tyler suggests it on his own. It would sound strange for them to have that line repeated:

"What do you expect me to do, send them all with you?"
CAST MEMBER: "How about some backstage passes!"
"Wait a minute, I love that idea, how 'bout some backstage passes?"

I think what you've been hearing is just someone who's been on the ride a lot, pretending to talk with Steven Tyler. :D

cardinalsfan_98
08-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Thanks for all the responses. I think I will withhold this info from my DD11 though so she can have her own "personal" experience!:thumbsup:

Imagineer1981
08-05-2010, 04:31 PM
correct, "how bout some backstage passes" has always been part of Steven Tyler's dialog. The only CM interaction has been this:

JOE PERRY: "chris, can you grab my black Les Paul"

Then, in the past, a CM in the room with the instruments would grab the guitar and go out the door. If you watch really carefully, Disney planned for them not having a CM all the time, and a sound engineer in the video a few seconds later taps Joe on the shoulder and basically says "i'll go get it" and Joe nods in agreeance

buzznwoodysmom
08-05-2010, 04:42 PM
When we rode it in June there was a CM at the very back of the room and he did say something along the lines of "give them some back stage passes". It was definitely the CM speaking because it was coming from a speaker system, the same thing they use to tell people to move all the way in. I noticed it because we were standing right in front of the CM and in all the years of riding this ride I'd never heard a CM say anything before so I was suprised to hear it. But there are definitely times when the CM joins the dialog.