PDA

View Full Version : Sort Of Solo Disney Trip

robnadina
07-26-2010, 05:43 PM
Hey All,
After much debate in my household, I relented and went to Dl w/o DH or DD. I talked my sister into going with me instead.
We started the day at 8:30 am and went to have breakfast with Minne & Friends. Had a great time there and food was good.
We then trotted off next door for a final trip to Endor with Capt Rex. DH is a big Star Tours fan and was a little bummed he had to miss the final weekend of this classic ride.
Spent most of the morning in Tomorrowland. SM only had a 25 min wait so we jumped in the standby line (after getting FP of course).
It was followed by Capt Eo, Autotopia, & Nemo.
Stopped at Matterhorn on the way to Fantasyland to say hi to the Yeti.
Fantasyland was packed by this point, so we just walked right thru to BTMRR. They had FP open for this, and that is something I had not seen in a long time. Stand By was only 30 min, so we waited. Then off to Jungle Cruise, Indy (40 min) and POTC. Sister was tired of walking by this point so we bought our obligatory Mint Julep and waited for the train to take us back to Main St.
We proceeded to CA where we got a Fast Pass for Soarin, and then to the GCH for lunch at White Water. I had never had the nachos, but had read nothing but raves about them here on Intercot, so I gave them a try and OMG! They are now on my list of must haves.
After lunch we walked back into CA via the hotel entrance (kept the lunch rcpt) and passed up Grizzly Rapids and its 65 min wait.
Walked down to Paradise Pier Park to catch a look at the new place. Last time I was there the walls were still up. What a beautiful area to sit! The weather was very nice on Saturday (mid 80's with a light breeze). Checked out the progress on the Little Mermaid ride and didnt realize how massive this ride is going to be.
Rode Mulhulland Madness, Silly swings (kinda freaky) and bypassed TSM (and its hour wait) to ride Screamin and get a peak at the construction of Radiator Springs. Again, the structures are going to be huge (I cant wait).
Then we got a Ice Cream cone at Catch and walked over to the sitting area in Paradise Pier Park and enjoyed the weather.
At this point, the crowds had become increasingly unbareable (for me at least) and we decided to do some shopping. I ended up buying a Disney themed Dooney & Bourke bag. Love them!
It was nearing our return time for Soarin, so we headed over and got right on. We then decided that we werent going back to DL and gave our SM fast passes to a couple who had just gotten married and were there on the honeymoon.
We headed over to where you pick up the WOC picnic baskets and sat down and enjoyed them (well tried to) these were a little underwhelming. Had the All American, and I will be trying something else next time.
As we were eating the Pixar parade went by, so we sat and watched it. Still had about 2 hours before we could start lining up for WOC, so we did more shopping and stopped for a cocktail at Cove Bar.
Went over to the area for WOC and was surprised that at 7pm a line had already formed. We were in Blue section which I heard was good. We found what we thought was a nice spot and sat down to play games on my Iphone until showtime.
Here is where I get a little miffed. Where we sat was right next to one of the ropes seperating sections. I could not believe how many people kept trying to cut over into other sections because they thought views would be better. Some were successful. It was horrible how mean these people were to cast members who told them they had to go back. When the preshow started, out of nowhere, people crowded around where my sister and I sat practically pushing us out of where we had set up shop for the last hour. And they were adults who were with other adults. No children in tow. I had bought a balloon for DD and tried my best to anchor it down as far as it could go, even hiding it behind a lamppost. Some woman who pushed her way to the front from the back (and tried to push me over as well) had the nerve to ask me if I could move it. I told her No, the ballon was there before her (was really annoyed at people by this point).
Thankfully, WOC was such an awesome show it made up for the rudeness of some people.
After WOC, the fireworks from DL started and while everyone stopped to watch, my sister and I made a beeline for the tram ahead of the crowd. Was on the 5 exactly 15 min after WOC ended.
It was a great day and I cant wait to go with DH and DD. As much as I enjoyed a trip without them, it really wasnt the same and it made me realize that part of what makes DL so special to me is watching my DD while we are there. She is always so happy and loves it there.
Thanks for reading my report!

badkitty
07-26-2010, 06:15 PM
I'm so glad you were able to go! So sorry about the rude people but you seemed to have a good time anyway. Thanks for the report and I'm looking forward to hearing the one with the rest of the family!

NotaGeek
07-26-2010, 06:36 PM
:balloon: I am glad you decided to go -- and thanks for the report! I really can't wait to see it myself! :thumbsup:

faline
07-26-2010, 06:55 PM
Glad you went!

Melanie
07-26-2010, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the report! Ahhhh, the rudeness that comes out in people around shows and parades really miffs me too. Glad WOC made up for it!

Disney4us2
07-27-2010, 11:37 AM
I am glad you were able to go. Sounds like you had a great day. Thanks for the report.:mickey:

I have my eye on one of the Dooney & Bourke bags. The black one with all the colorful Mickey's on it.

As for the crowds... the summer lines are back and long. It was not too bad until July hit.

pdrlkr
07-28-2010, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the Report! :balloon: