PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

amandak
07-26-2010, 04:40 PM
My family and I (parents and kids in their early 20s) are going for a quick trip in early November. We'll only be there three nights Nov. 6,7,8. We'd like to spend one evening at each park, except AK where we will visit during the day. Here is my dilemma: We really wanted to go to MVMCP on Nov 8, but that will mean missing extra magic hours at Disney Studios and we will have to do Disney Studios on a night when it closes at 7pm :/

If we skip MVMCP we can do EMH at Magic Kingdom on Saturday Nov 6 until 1am, and then EMH at Studios on Nov 8 until 10pm.

If crowds are light we can probably do everything we want at Disney Studios during the day, and we'll get to enjoy MVMCP. I have a sense that they will be light, as we'll be there during one of the gaps in the free dining plan.

What do you think? Will we really miss MVMCP if we decide to skip it? Or will crowds be light enough to allow us to go?

Thanks!

brownie
07-26-2010, 05:18 PM
I'd go with the evening extra magic hours. We looked at doing Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party later this year, but decided to against it and scheduled our trip around the evening extra magic hours. Almost $60 a person seemed a little much to us for the party.

tinksmom02
07-26-2010, 06:01 PM
I don't really know the answer to your question, although I think for the short amount of time you'll be, adding another hard-ticket might seem a little much. But I've never been to the party, so maybe it's worth it?

I did want to say that I believe it's "Jersey Week" that week...our public schools are closed Thursday and Friday for the teachers' convention, and a lot of families head to WDW for the week. Not sure exactly if that'll make a HUGE difference in crowds, but...

Happy planning! :mickey:

PopPhan
07-26-2010, 07:18 PM
Just a thought....That is a gap in the "Free DDP" offer for a reason -- they do not NEED to entice visitors that week, probably because they already have a large number of bookings. Therefore, it MAY be busier that you expect.

As far as your MVMCP vs. EMH at DHS -- If you have never been to MVMCP, spend the money and go!! If you have been to a MVMCP before, save the money and go to DHS.

amandak
07-26-2010, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone. "Jersey Week" will actually be wrapping up when we arrive so were not too worried about crowds. My first clue that it may be lighter crowds came when we were able to book three DVC villas on such late notice with our choice of locations. I was really more concerned about being there such a short time - we usually do a week. I think we'll be skipping the party this time... Who knows though, probably change our minds 5 times between now and then. :blush: