PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Value Resort?

KAT1811
07-26-2010, 04:30 PM
What is your favorite value resort and why?

BluewaterBrad
07-26-2010, 04:40 PM
I really like them all, but the newer rooms at Sports gets my vote.:mickey:

disneymom2000
07-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Theming is everything. I love the All-Star Movie Resort because I just love Disney movies. As far as crowds - I think all the value resorts are pretty crowded equally.

KAT1811
07-26-2010, 04:44 PM
I really like them all, but the newer rooms at Sports gets my vote.:mickey:

Newer rooms?????

Tinker Fan
07-26-2010, 04:55 PM
All Star Music is our favorite. We like the theaming and the games and music around the pool in the afternoons. The best is the movies at the pool every night, you can swim and watch a movie or pull up a chair.

brownie
07-26-2010, 05:11 PM
All-Star Movies because it's the only one we've stayed at. I like the theming and the large food court.

This may change at the end of the year. We'll be staying at Pop Century.

darthmacho
07-26-2010, 05:46 PM
Agreeing with the "theming is everything" sentiment, I feel that All Star Music is the best value resort. It might not be the newest or the freshest, but it is colorful and has a distinctly "Disney" feel without the overkill of giant Lovebug statues. :mickey:

wdwvacationeer
07-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Our favorite is All Star Music! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Although, my daughter did the Disney Intership last year and worked at all the All Stars and she said if we stayed at All Star Sports it would definitely be our favorite.

disneymom15
07-26-2010, 05:56 PM
Pop is our favorite. I think it has the best food court of all the values. It's always our first choice.

Michelle15
07-27-2010, 11:24 AM
We have stayed at them all at least once and i have to say POp gets my vote :thumbsup: I like the theme :mickey:

WVParkfan
07-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Been to all of them, and All Star Music is absolutely the best! Best pool scene with games and activities all day long, and the only value with poolside "drive-in" movies at night.

We love Movies, and thought that the theming of Music couldn't possibly be as "Disney" as Movies. We were wrong! The theming at Music is VERY magical, and totally immerses you in the "Disney" feel 100%.

Great atmosphere at Music, which also has the best "2nd pool" of the values (the piano pool). Overall area is quieter than the other values, too. Don't know why... maybe it is the way the buildings are laid out.

Best of the bus services, too! Since it sits right between the Sports and Movies, you can actually catch a bus to any of the three and have a short walk back to your room.

Whenever we stay at values, it will always be Music for us from now on!

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-27-2010, 12:34 PM
We've stayed at Pop, All Star Movies and All Star Sports...our least favorite was Pop...we could hear every noise our neighbors made and it is one of the new green hotels where you cannot adjust the a/c, so we got hot...I would say our favorite so far was AS Movies.....

Daisy'sMom
07-27-2010, 06:03 PM
We love POP! :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
07-27-2010, 07:26 PM
All-Star Movies for the theming :mickey:

JerseyDad
07-27-2010, 08:36 PM
...first trip to WDW was in spring 2004...we stayed at POP...it was about 4 mos old...or...new...depending on how you look at it. LOVED the place...but then again...I had nothing to compare it to. Fall of 2004...we went back to WDW...and stayed at ASMusic...it was nice...but not as nice as POP. Difference to me...and it may sound silly...was the landscaping. It seemed much more "lush" for lack of a better term. It wasn't until our third trip to POP...the next year...that I really started to appreciate all the small details about POP that made it a favorite resort. Having a dedicated bus...is one of them. The food court is top notch...with good service and choices. And despite what I've heard from others on various WDW web sites....I do not find POP to be noisy. And that's coming from someone that always asks for (and gets 99% of the time) to be put in a room that's first floor...poolside.

....and if all works out the way I hope....I'll be there again for the last 10 days of August this year.

Bethis26fan
07-27-2010, 10:22 PM
AsMovies. I just love the theme. This next trip we are going to try pop for the 1st time.