PDA

View Full Version : Mama Melroses-Opinions

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-26-2010, 10:26 AM
We are thinking about doing the Fantasmic Package and do not care to use two credits for Brown Derby and were disappointed with Hollywood and Vine last trip.

What are your opinions on Mama Melrose? We had a disappointing lunch there in 2003, but are willing to give it another chance....What would you order? Also, on the dining plan do you still get the appetizer with the package?

faline
07-26-2010, 10:40 AM
I find this spot a little hit or miss. We've mostly had very good meals here though I remember one time, a few years ago, where the food was not especially good.

Dragongirlx
07-26-2010, 10:41 AM
I love mamma melroses and have never had a bad meal there. I know it can be somewhat hit and miss according to other reviews I have read but I would recommend that you try it again.
I particulary like the calamari for a starter

Tinker Fan
07-26-2010, 10:54 AM
We ate here and it was just O.K., not great but not bad. I would definitly like to try it again some day.

Figment104
07-26-2010, 12:25 PM
We ate at Mama's in 2007 and had a great meal, just haven't had the opportunity get back to it.

As for you question about the dinning plan, currently only dessert is offered with the dinning plan, no appitizer. You can always pay out of pocket for the appitizer if you want though. Hope that helps!

wdwvacationeer
07-26-2010, 12:45 PM
We eat there each trip- it is my middle daughter's favorite!

greengeen
07-26-2010, 12:58 PM
We quit going there for a few years because they stopped serving bread with the meals (an Italian entree with NO BREAD??). However, that has changed, they now serve you a complimentary basket of bread, and the menu has improved recently IMO. We enjoyed our last visit (February '10) very much.

disney_daddy
07-26-2010, 01:19 PM
WARNING - Ate there this past May and tried to get into Fantasmic but it was full. Never did see the show. At the time they said to get there it was already packed. Id would get there WAY earlier then they say to.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-26-2010, 01:48 PM
I know last time we went they said get there 30 mins. early and we didn't have a problem, but that's back when it was every day.

phlo8810
07-26-2010, 02:52 PM
We love mama melroses. The menu is basic but good food. Haven't been there in a couple years because we now do the deluxe plan and prefer the signature restaurants. But it's always a last second omission when planning those meals.

magicalmom
07-26-2010, 02:55 PM
WARNING - Ate there this past May and tried to get into Fantasmic but it was full. Never did see the show. At the time they said to get there it was already packed. Id would get there WAY earlier then they say to.

Were you on the Fantasmic package? There wasn't enough space in the reserved section?

RedSoxFan
07-26-2010, 06:43 PM
We've eaten there all three visits to WDW. And we're going to eat there again in December. We love it there.

AdventurerKim
07-26-2010, 07:08 PM
We've never had a bad meal at Mama's and really like it. The calamari is really great as is the Cesar salad. Flatbread pizzas are good and I like anything with eggplant. However, we have had hit or miss service. Last year we went for dinner, with an ADR, and had to wait an hour and had very poor service. We too were disappointed by the absence of bread with the meal. We used to love the bread with the pesto and marinara sauce. We still like it though and may return this Nov. if we can work out our meals on the DDP.

hotmouselove
07-27-2010, 04:01 AM
I think I am experiencing MM burn-out or something. The first 2 years I really enjoyed it and the food was wonderful. But last year we had a horrible waiter and the food was only so-so. So we are skipping it this year.

whitney37354
07-27-2010, 02:20 PM
We did the F! Dining Package at Mama Melrose in June. The food was good, just a lot of it. It was great to walk in the "secret walkway with our golden ticket" instead of waiting in line for hours to see the show. If you get the dining package, be sure to hold on to your ticket even after you are seated---we had people without tickets who had to be removed by CMs the night we were there. Because they refused to move the first few times she was asked to move, they totally lost a seat in the 9,000 seat ampitheater. If they had moved the first time, they would have had a seat.

LudwigVonDrake
07-29-2010, 12:39 PM
I've eaten there several times and every time enjoyed the food.

AllDisney
07-29-2010, 03:48 PM
We have eaten there a few times and have always been happy with the food & service:thumbsup:

Stickey
07-29-2010, 04:07 PM
In our experience, Mama Melrose has been good-very good.

mouseketeer mom
07-29-2010, 04:18 PM
Heard lots of mixed reviews, but we really like it. love the calamari, flatbreads and bread with dipping oil. Would recommend this place.

GBBT
07-29-2010, 09:04 PM
We tried it years ago,wasn't impressed,but loved Hollywood&Vine for dinner with our Fantasmic Package.

PinKy
07-30-2010, 11:59 AM
We ate at Mama's in 2007 and had a great meal, just haven't had the opportunity get back to it.

As for you question about the dinning plan, currently only dessert is offered with the dinning plan, no appitizer. You can always pay out of pocket for the appitizer if you want though. Hope that helps!

Deluxe Dining offers the appetizer, entree, dessert and non-alcolholic drinks. :-)

DisneyDoug2
08-03-2010, 06:48 AM
We have ate here over the last few years when we visit DHS, never had a bad meal.