PDA

View Full Version : AP Renewal Question

VWL Mom
07-26-2010, 08:02 AM
Has anyone recently renewed their AP online? My boys' passes expire in August so I was looking to renew them before any anticipated price increase. I thought the 15 month renewal was being offered until August 31st but when I add it to my shopping cart it says 365 days. Did I miss the end of the special?:confused:

GFFan
07-26-2010, 09:07 AM
Hi Fellow New-Jersian,

The girlfriend and I just renewed our annual passes (about a week ago). We did infact receive the 15 months, I did it all over the phone, it was much easier, I found the portal too confusing and I lost my passes so I didn't have my old AP# and the AP phone help line was extremely accomdating. Any other questions, let me know.

Pirate Granny
07-26-2010, 01:30 PM
My AP expires 9-24-10...I renewed last week in anticipation of the price increases which always seem to come the first of August. I had a VERY SLOW CM...and after 25 minutes I was finally able to renew...and confirm that I still got the 15 month renewal...AND I'm picking up at Guest Services at a park 'cause I refused to pay the $5 charge for mailing a 'voucher' that I still had to go to Guest Services to process. All in all we had to restart the process three times. First 'cause he had me purchasing two AP...why, I'm not sure since I only have one...next 'cause at the end he mentioned the $5 processing/shipping fee...and the third to get it correct...and to boot I waited 25 minutes on hold just to get through. BUT...it has been accomplished...HURRAY.
:pirate:

VWL Mom
07-27-2010, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the info, I think I will order by phone like you both did to be safe. I went through the website and still cannot find any mention of 15 months, just 365 days. Don't want to miss out on that.

Pirate Granny, thanks for the will call tip. I'll have to see if I can do that since we're not headed back until October.

GFFan, great Jersey tomato year we're having. Nothing like a jtom and basil salad!

VWL Mom
07-27-2010, 05:08 PM
So three phone calls and 45 minutes later I got it done. The first to DVC MS told me the 15 months was only good for Premium passes...knew that wasn't right so I called the AP desk - they would give me the 15 months but not the DVC discount...so back to MS and got it all set. Hopefully things will be smoother at will call in October.

Melanie
07-30-2010, 03:34 PM
Just FYI on this post - we renewed our passes at Will Call yesterday, and the special is indeed until August 31. Wonder why it won't work online???

VWL Mom
08-01-2010, 10:21 AM
So it appears there was no August 1 price increase after all??

VWL Mom
10-31-2010, 08:03 AM
Well, things did not go so smoothly last night. Went to GR and was told I had to pick the ticket up before August 31. They would not give me the 15 months. I am going to call DVC MS tomorrow morning and check. I did the passes through them so maybe they can straighten it out. They knew I wasn't picking them up until now.