PDA

View Full Version : First trip report

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
07-26-2010, 03:06 AM
Greetings all,

Have never done this before, so please be patient.

Got up this morning late. Slept in until 9 or so. Brent made us breakfast then we decided to hit the parks today. The breakfast was very yummy!

Was a nice surprise to go to DLR today. Had nothing special planned.

Upon arriving at Mickey & Friends, he decided that we should walk over to the hotel. He wanted to see the waterfalls and the Lost Bar before they were gone.

After a little bit of shopping at the hotel we made our way to the parks. My plan was to hop on the Monorail for a ride into the park. For some reason it was down. Bummer! So a short walk later we were in Disneyland.

WooHoo! We walked in and the characters were around the square. Was great to see Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald all hamming it up.

We got FPs for BTMRR because it is my favorite. Then headed over to Pirates then HM. Both were fun. Hadn't been on Pirates in a while. Was happy to see the pirate with the leg dangling above us return. Brent was pleased with the floating Madame Leota. I have seen the effect before, but it was nice to see it up and working again. (been down a while if memory serves)

The park was very crowded, but I managed to go over to SM to get FPs. The return time was for 8:30PM. Knew we weren't going to stay that late.

So headed back over to BTMRR and that was down. Boo!

Wasn't having a good day at Land with down attractions. Usually when that happens, I hit the other park to see if my luck changes.

Brent wanted to go on Matterhorn before we left so we did that. We both enjoy the Fantasyland side much more than the other. So while in line they were starting "Celebrate" or whatever they call the current parade. Not a fan. Been running too long I think.

Thankfully we were able to ride Matterhorn and make it to Main Street before it came down that far. Did a very little bit of shopping before exiting and heading across the esplanade.

Walked over to DCA and decided to head for ToT first. I hadn't been on it for several visits. (Not one of my favs because I am waiting for version 2.0) We both had fun on it. The wait was only 30 minutes which I didn't think was too bad considering FP is down while work is ongoing with the Red Cars.

Walked thru HPB a bit checking out the Glowfest decorations. Still haven't seen this area at night. Haven't been to the park to see WoC yet. More on that on another trip report.

Headed over to the Pier because it is my favorite part of DCA. Imagine that with my moniker!?!

Screamin' had a HUGE line so decided to get a FP then head to TSMM. That line was even longer, so we opted for a margarita at the Grotto bar. Very glad we did that. Brent enjoyed it a great deal and we hadn't spent any time there together as yet.

We chat with a couple from Anaheim Hills. Very nice conversation. They were regulars because they knew everyone by name. What happened? That used to be me?? And I lived a state away then! Oh well. A fun time was had by all.

While enjoying the breeze up there we were watching them work on Screamin'. It had gone down apparently while I was watching the testing for the WoC performances. There were cast members up at the peak of the lift hill. UGH! You couldn't pay me enough to be up there. Didn't see what happened or how long it took.

Just figured it wasn't my day for attractions.

So we did a little bit more shopping (actually back in HPB) then headed over to GRR. I enjoy watching people get soaked by the geyser. I wasn't in the mood to get drenched personally but was fun to watch others. After fifteen minutes or so we headed out thru GC.

Did some more shopping there and then headed back to M&F. Walked too. We aren't fans of the trams. They never seem to be run very well.

Then went to a nice dinner on the way home.

-Scott
:smickey:

p.s. My second trip report ever will be of my WoC experiences. I have had mixed feelings about this show and even my desire to see it. Going to see it on the 7th of August. Stay tuned!

NotaGeek
07-26-2010, 04:49 AM
WOO HOO! Thanks for the trip report! :thumbsup:

Total bummer for the attractions having some downtime -- but we both know how a margarita at Cove Bar can make you so happy you throw your knee out!

Wish I could have been there! :mickey:

Melanie
07-26-2010, 09:11 AM
My boys always think of you when they think about GRR!

Thanks for the report!

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
07-26-2010, 12:57 PM
Will go one of these weekends just to get drenched, but that hasn't been on the agenda for some time.

Fun to do at Disneyland too on Splash. Single rider obviously.

-Mel, I hope all is well with your family. Also hope that a visit to Southern California is in the works!

-Michael, this visit was a one margarita visit. LOL.

pdrlkr
07-28-2010, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the Report! :balloon: