PDA

View Full Version : Help...lunch w/imagineer problem

Disneyfan28
07-25-2010, 09:41 PM
My friend and I surprised our DH's with the lunch w/an imagineer on May 26th...after the lunch they were told they were out of plates for the imagineer to sign (included in the price of lunch)and were asked to fill out a card with their name & address and a plate would be sent to them in a couple weeks. Its been 2 months and still no plate...I have called 3 times and no one can seem to help me. The last time I called I was put in hold for 37 minutes & no one ever did come back to assist me. I also emailed customer service but havent got a response back from them yet. We are loyal yearly disney guests and I feel we have been more than patient waiting for something we paid for 2 months ago...any suggestions on what my next step should be???:confused:

brownie
07-26-2010, 08:44 AM
I'd send a letter with copies of any documentation, such as a receipt, that you have. You might also consider using posting something on Facebook and/or Twitter. Companies are following those sites for customer service issues.

ElenitaB
07-26-2010, 09:00 AM
I would try to find the Brown Derby's number, ask to speak to the manager to find out who the manager of the Lunch with an Imagineer program is, and follow up with that person. I'd also gather up all my documentation and send a detailed e-mail (including your failed attempts to get an answer) to Thomas O. Staggs (http://corporate.disney.go.com/corporate/bios/thomas_staggs.html), Chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. That should get a response!

It's crazy that you have to dedicate so much time and effort to get something you already paid for. Good luck!

BabyBun
07-27-2010, 04:10 PM
We had the Lunch with an Imagineer in July 2009 and they were out of the plates at that time too. We finally received our plates right after Thanksgiving. Don't worry too much. Your plates may take as long as ours did.

ElenitaB
07-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Wow! Those must be some plates!

Not to hijack this thread, but I have a question for those of you who have attended this: is it worth it for a 15 yr old about to enter high school? His latest career aspiration is to be an engineer or a physicist (mama tries to talk herself down, repeating the mantra of "he can still be an imagineer.")

Disneyfan28
08-01-2010, 03:41 PM
After 4 more unresolved phone calls we finally got an "answer". It seems that the company that makes the plates is no longer producing them for Disney so they have to find someone else to make them. We were asssured that we would eventually get them so we will see what happens...you would think if this is in fact the problem they would inform their castmembers that answer the phones of the problem so guests dont have to be transferred multiple times to different people to get an answer. Its just very frustrating & I hope it will be resolved without me having to make any more phone calls...