PDA

View Full Version : Clothing question for Dec.

kid@heartforever
07-25-2010, 01:06 PM
We will be making our first trip to WDW the first week of Dec. What kind of clothing should we plan to bring? Thinking jeans and T-shirt during the day with a jacket for the evening??? Help please!!!:mickey:

Disney4us2
07-25-2010, 01:18 PM
We will be there on Dec 1st-8th. I plan on bringing jeans, along with short sleeve shirts, a few long sleeves, swim suits, capri's and shorts. I will also bring a light weight jacket and a heavier jacket, and gloves.

Our last trip was at the same time in December and it would range from hot to freezing. It was so cold at one point I had to buy jackets.

debandbub
07-25-2010, 02:09 PM
Pack everything. We've had daytime ranges from the 50's to the 80's. But it always a nice time to go!

Daisy'sMom
07-25-2010, 02:23 PM
You never know what the weather will be during that time. Sometimes it has been freezing and other times it has been warm. Pack a bit of each. Watch the weather befoer you leave, maybe you will get an idea then. Have fun.:mickey:

Seasonscraps
07-25-2010, 02:27 PM
The temps really swing from high to low that time of year.

I would try to pack clothes that can be easily layered. T-shirt under a long sleeve shirt or sweatshirt under a jacket, etc. I don't wear shorts so I had capris for daytime and jeans for the evening if I needed them.

disneymom15
07-25-2010, 03:57 PM
As everyone else has said, you need to plan for hot and cold weather. It can vary from one day to the next. This will be our 7th or 8th Dec trip and have experienced it all.

dnickels
07-25-2010, 04:19 PM
The historical data for that time period says....
Average Highs: 73-75
Average Lows: 51-55

Record Highs: One site says 87, another says 90
Record Lows: Low to mid 30s

tundramom
07-25-2010, 09:29 PM
My DH mocked me when I packed gloves and hats and coats for myself,DD,and Dneice. He absolutely refused to pack even a hoodie and only had two pr. of jeans because I packed them. He ended up wearing those 2 pr. of jeans over and over for 8/10 days and we had to buy him a fleece ($50) and he was still cold. This was the trip we bought into DVC (basically because one day the weather was so rainy and cold I refused to leave WL, so we decided to take the tour). Take lots of cheap ponchos too!

mrmcgiv
07-25-2010, 09:54 PM
we went the 2nd week of dec 2008 and we needed a wide range of cothing. Shorts and t-shirts during the day with sandals. We swam a few days. SOme nights you could wear shorts and a sweatshirt. Some nights capris or jeans and one night I ws SO happy we brought gloves and hats (I think it was in the low 30s). We did not have winter coats, but mid weight coats.

wdwvacationeer
07-26-2010, 06:49 AM
We were in Disney this past December and experienced higher than normal temperatures. I am not sure but I think they topped out at like 86 degrees the one day and coming from Niagara Falls we were HOT! Thank goodness we had brought a couple of pairs of shorts each or we would have roasted. But you can never tell because someone there told us that just a few days before it was cold enough for the heat to come on. So, I would say be prepared for any kind of weather.

eeyorepoohfan
07-26-2010, 01:11 PM
:ditto: to everything mentioned above!! We went last Dec 10-15th. The first days were cold and drizzly, definately needed the jackets and gloves! During the day I just put a long sleeve t-shirt under my short sleeved t-shirt. This was warm enough for the day, but needed the jacket at night. The last few days were very hot and muggy. My DH packed shorts and wore them! I, however, had watched the weather forcast and didn't think I would need shorts (the weather said it was only supposed to be in the high 70s). So I ended up having to roll my jeans to my knees to cool off! So lesson learned! I will be packing shorts, t-shirt, jeans, long sleeved shirt and light jacket for every December trip!!!

SurferStitch
07-26-2010, 02:58 PM
We've gone in early/mid December several times ('03, '06, '07, '09), and we've been pretty lucky with weather.

We've had mostly warm days (75-85) and temperate evenings (55-70ish). BUT, we've also had a few chilly days (mid 50's to 60) and only a couple cold nights (low 40's) over 4 December trips. I am very thankful that I'm a notorious over-packer, so DH and I were prepared with everything.

This past December was actually quite warm for us, so if I had listened to various weather sources including Intercot, I would not have packed enough warm weather clothing for daytime. Every weather outlet would have had us wearing jeans and sweatshirts all the time, and in reality all but one or two days we wore shorts. The other days I wore capris and a tee shirt. Most nights we wore jeans and a hoodie, or I wore capris and a hoodie (didn't really need the hoodies until later in the evening).

Just be prepared for everything. Even the weather forecast the day or two before you leave will probably be wrong, so be prepared! It's a wonderful time to go to WDW!!!

jillluvsdisney
07-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Layers, layers,layers!! I've been the WDW several times in December and have experienced a bit of everything. Zip up fleece and hoodies over t shirts work very well. The morning could start out chilly in the 40s or the 50 but warm up by the late morning/afternoon. I'd bring a jacket for an additional layer over that also. A cool day in the 60s can mean a cold night when the sun goes down. It would not be a bad idea to pack a pair of gloves also. All this being said, it could be a week of 80 degree weather so bring a few pairs of shorts too. I usually check the 10 day forcast the day before wen arrive so I havge some clue as to what to expect.

eandrsmom
07-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Layers! We've gone in December and the weather is extremely unpredictable. We've gone swimming in the heated pools one day, then had to wear jackets and jeans the next day. (A cold front came through overnight.) Keep in mind that the resorts do have washing machines. I know that washing clothes isn't something that anyone wants to do on vacation, but it will help with packing. Our villa had a washing machine and dryer on our last trip. It was nice not having so many dirty clothes when we got home.

marlyn
07-26-2010, 08:51 PM
I have been at that time of year twice. One time was shorts and tshirts the second my kids wore mittens and hats....so pack to wear layers and bring something in case it gets cold!

hotmouselove
07-27-2010, 03:56 AM
This Dec will be our fourth Dec in a row. :)

The first year it was 'very' cold by FL standards--20's at night and up to 50's during the day. We were very comfy in sweatshirts and jeans. Although all of the CMs were dressed for some sort of Alaskan adventure!

The last 2 years we have had shorts/capri weather with jackets or sweatshirts for evening only.

We pack a little of everything and always bring our winter jackets--because after a week of sun, fun and the mouse we must drive back to WV. Last year we left 70 degree weather in FL to drive thru a huge blizzard and arrive home to 2.5 ft of snow.

BellesRose
07-27-2010, 12:11 PM
This past December/January was the coldest we've had in years. We loved it...but every time we went to Disney, we had to dress for snow and we were still too cold to stay long. Since last year was so unusually cold, I don't expect this year to be like that. It will probably range from warm to cool during the day, and very cool to cold by night.

kbean
07-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Ah man.... Your gona need turtle necks and snow shoes down here!

Ive spent the last 10 Xmas's in shorts. Just pack alil something something incase it is cold.

Maybe you should ask Al Gore?????