PDA

View Full Version : MK renovations?

minnie-mouse
07-25-2010, 01:02 PM
Does anyone know what is be renovated in MK right now and what will be closed for October?

PopPhan
07-25-2010, 01:09 PM
You should be able to find the information you are looking for right here:

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/refurb.asp

minnie-mouse
07-26-2010, 09:11 AM
Thanks but has anyone seen any of the renovations firsthand?

Melanie
07-26-2010, 12:03 PM
There are 'themed' scrims up in many parts of the Magic Kingdom right now. I remember many places on Main Street being covered. And also, there is the long construction wall along the back of Fantasyland. Good news is, all the work is done on Cinderella's Castle.

MickeysEars
07-26-2010, 11:14 PM
right but right now the only thing listed is IASW, that can not be the ONLY thing closed. What about Toon Town?

JPL
07-26-2010, 11:53 PM
Nothing official has been announced about the closing of Toontown.

DizneyRox
07-27-2010, 07:04 AM
There is a construction wall from ToonTown over to Fantasyland right, howeer ToonTown was still open.

The themed scrims cover about 1/2 of Main Street USA with construction happening DURING PARK HOURS. I heard many a circular saw on my last trip. Notably, the area around Casey's extending down towards the train station and also Tony's had scrims as well. There were scrims last year as well, so this Main Street work has been underway for a while.

I don't recall much else though, but I didn't venture too far ito the MK either.

MickeysEars
07-27-2010, 11:06 AM
The Main Street construction...I can;t imagine it will still be there for Christmas. What a way to ruin that view! :confused: